May 2005
    What is MAF sensor?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Pano yong 110Kph mo pilit ba yon? Walang power parang sakal ba yong feeling

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MAF - mass air flow

It's the sensor which reads the air as it enters the air filter and engine. A part that usually gets dirty on Nissans (I don't know why). Simple enough to clean.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Pano yong 110Kph mo pilit ba yon? Walang power parang sakal ba yong feeling
    yup, kahit naka todo na yung accelerator pedal, ayaw ng umakyat nung speedometer. after the MAF sensor was replaced, parang bago na ulit ang takbo.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Saan ba makikita itong MAF? So pwedeng kami nalang maglinis nito or mag replace nito?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the MAF sensor is located along the air intake tube, just right after the air filter compartment. it is fastened by two hex screws, so you would need a hex wrench for it.

inside the sensor, you will see a thin wire, spray contact cleaner on the wire and shake the sensor to remove the accumulated dirt.

if after cleaning the MAF sensor and the problem still persists, have the patrol checked by the casa using their CONSULT analyzer. this will determine whether your MAF is busted or not.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Boybi, Otep,

Thanks A Lot!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Aside from wiretap_md, sino pa nakapagpalit ng ATF using transtech machine ng Autotechnika? Nissan manual says to use Nissan Genuine ATF Matic Fluid J for the Patrol. Ano ginamit nyong fluid and how many liters approximately?

Si wiretap_md kasi, he used the USA 88 ATF as posted at this thread: Autotechnika

Wala ba kaso if i'll use other fluid other than what's recommended on the Nissan Manual? How many kilometers usually before you replace the ATF?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in some car makes and models, hindi pwede ang ibang ATF other than the manufacturer recommended ones. i don't know about nissan, particularly the patrol. sorry, can't be of much help, m/t kasi patrol ko.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    thanks boybi! i just saw this sa manual:

'For 4-speed transmission models'. It mentions "...contact a NISSAN dealer for correct brand(s) of DEXRON III/MERCON Automatic Transmission Fluid."

Nissan Patrol GU/Y61 Thread