New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Steering wheel will not lock while your key is in ON position. Your brakes will have pressure left in the booster, unless ur pumping your brakes multiple times, which you won't, to stop.

I agree its a hassle and i agree thats its dangerous. So the above is just informing you that you can steer and brake to safety if your fuel pump fails.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Steering wheel will not lock while your key is in ON position. Your brakes will have pressure left in the booster, unless ur pumping your brakes multiple times, which you won't, to stop.

I agree its a hassle and i agree thats its dangerous. So the above is just informing you that you can steer and brake to safety if your fuel pump fails.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that bro. I think you're correct, but drivers will react differently and hopefully will not result to serious accident...

Also, suddenly happening when you're overtaking? That's a serious concern...

Bro.shadow, Rush ka na lang ulit...😂😍😎

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    So finally they're admitting the fuel pump is defective.

Good luck to all owners.

https://www.carguide(dot)ph/2019/12/...SOydDmhhZM9vJU

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    So finally they're admitting the fuel pump is defective.

Good luck to all owners.

https://www.carguide(dot)ph/2019/12/...SOydDmhhZM9vJU
    i am wondering,
    are there other things that they are not divulging?

silent recall would have been nice, and would probably have generated goodwill and repeat costumers in the future..
    but what they did was, "keeping quiet until the silence became deafening". a dishonest way to conduct business, in my opinion. also potentially dangerous, as the part might quit at the most in-opportune time.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 6th, 2019 at 11:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,

silent recall would have been nice, and would probably have generated goodwill and repeat costumers in the future..
    but what they did was, "keeping quiet until the silence became deafening". a dishonest way to conduct business, in my opinion.

Isn't that the SOP of most large corporations Doc? Keep quite and hope the problem goes away, and if it doesn't, only then will they come up with a solution. Just to keep costs down and investors happy so they can keep their million-dollar salaries and benefits.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Isn't that the SOP of most large corporations Doc? Keep quite and hope the problem goes away, and if it doesn't, only then will they come up with a solution. Just to keep costs down and investors happy so they can keep their million-dollar salaries and benefits.
    you are probably correct.
    it also alludes that many business concerns do not care that much for their costumers.

my favorite marquee called to advise me that they were replacing a car component for free, even as i had not heard of any public recalls...
    you can imagine, how i afterward swore undying loyalty to that brand... until a better deal from the competition becomes available.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    i am wondering,

but what they did was, "keeping quiet until the silence became deafening". a dishonest way to conduct business, in my opinion.
    Wait, after reading that post from carguide, the recall is from May 2018 to October 22, 2019? Wasn't the fuel pump issue a "known issue" from earlier this year?

James Deakin posted about it around May 2019 if I check back the earlier post about it, meaning the owners had issues earlier than that.

So MMPC still opted to sell stocks with the "old fuel pump design/model" without replacing them before delivery.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i understand,
    the issue was well known in the country of origin.
    why the local corporate decision-makers acted as if they thought the news wouldn't reach our shores, and that the units on sale here are not the same "defective" units as over there, i can not explain.

my thoughts are these.
    the component in question may not be suffering from 100% failure rate. some units won't fail, and their owners will decline the offer to replace. this translates to less money lost for the manufacturer.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 6th, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    you are probably correct.
    it also alludes that many business concerns do not care that much for their costumers.

my favorite marquee called to advise me that they were replacing a car component for free, even as i had not heard of any public recalls...
    you can imagine, how i afterward swore undying loyalty to that brand... until a better deal from the competition becomes available.
    May I ask which car brand/ manufacturer is that Doc?

Making it seem obscure only piques interest, obviously.

MMPC is like most major vehicle distributors in this country, nothing surprising there. That said, after also experiencing what I consider to be a major malfunction in one our Mitsu cars in the past, I would be hard pressed to buy another one from that brand.

Fool me once......

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    May I ask which car brand/ manufacturer is that Doc?
    the T, po. the T.
    others may have less palatable experience with the T, but this is mine.