New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The Mirage is officially 5 years in the Philippine market, G4 turned 4.

To those who own a Mirage, have you encountered problems/common issues with the car?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

To those who own a Mirage, have you encountered problems/common issues with the car?
    Personally, so far, minor kalampag (expected of small cars in this country), some compressor chatter (seems common, have seen it on other Mirages), a weak fan blower, and a front bumper that comes out of alignment easily if you scrape the bottom of the car on a ramp. (easy to pull back into alignment, hassle lang, looking at other Mirages on the road, seems like we're not the only ones who've had this happen).

Otherwise, still enjoying the economy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    wow no powertrain issues...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    A friend says that madali masira ang aircon. What part kaya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^yung kalampag is for the hatchback o G4? Or both?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017

Hi,

I have 4 Mirages... Aux fan motor konked out in 3 units at 3rd yr, wheel bearings lasts around 6mos especially after floods, A/C cleaning is a pain, you have to take out the entire dashboard!

Other than these, fuel economy outweighs all these headaches

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Powertrain, won't know for a while. So far, the only major thing that's happened is the flywheel-starter issue on first batch CVTs. Since then, haven't heard any complaints.

Lots of us eco-obsessed weirdos in the motoring beat driving Mirages now. Worst steering on any small car I've ever driven. But it's so light and easy to drive, I've long since forgiven that. And this is one manual that you can REALISTICALLY drive every day in traffic. Super light clutch and shifter.

-

Madali masira AC? Have to check the Mirage forums. Haven't heard yet.

^yung kalampag is for the hatchback o G4? Or both?
    Minor... not really a bushing or shock mount thing... just some noisy stuff up front. Probably a loose undertray or shield.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I've rode 2 mirage Uber and both of them have the ABS light on. 5 months and 9 months yung isa..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ it shouldn't be a problem since it's under warranty. we had that problem w/ our monty's abs sensor before and the casa fixed it w/o a hitch. but since they're used for public consumption , i don't think their problematic abs will be remedied for free.

btw, will casas know if the cars their servicing are being used for uber and grab services if the owners don't disclose that particular info ? i guess the unusual high mileage relative to its age would be a dead giveaway but that's not always a certainty though

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    automatic warranty will be void.. just like yung isa 5 months pa lang over 20K na ang odo..

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Mirage - Issues/Problems?