New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 319 of 587 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    My two cents worth:

1. There is a fine line separating trolling and criticizing. You be the judge which is which based on posts. Frankly only the poster know his intentions. it's difficult to judge

2. I know it hurts a bit when what you love and what you have is being criticized/trolled or downright shredded by another. That's why I liked ratchet23's comments as it contains both positive and negative comments that provide an air of authenticity to his judgement

3. I think it's okay to criticize a product based on its own standards. If a product says it can do this and it can do that. Then if the product can not do this and that, then I think anybody has a right to say "It can not do this EVEN THOUGH it said it can." What I mean is, let's not bash MIrage because it's not a Civic or a Vios. WE should look at it as a Mirage. If one say, Mirage sucks because he's getting only 9km/l, let's not hate the poster, because that's his experience with it. If someone says, I like Mirage's look over Eon, then fine, it's the poster's perspective.

Let us not die for our beliefs, after all we maybe wrong

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyphil View Post
    Sir , natry ko yan sa city ko nilakihan ko yun height ng tire from 175x65x14 to 175x70x14 , so lumaki yun gulong circumference. so isang revolution o isang ikot ng tire malaki tatakbuhin distance kasi malaki yun circumferential ng tire. I think nag improve fuel efficiency ng city ko that way distance travel per revolution ng tire dadami din. Just my 2 cents not sure
    Yes, bigger tire makes the diameter, radius and circumference bigger. One tire rotation will have longer distance.

But doing this put's more stress on the engine. It will require a little more torque to make the car move. More torque equates for a need to higher RPM. Remember that the force applie is in the axle. Example: imagine holding and turning an axle connected to a 1 foot diameter wheel versus a 10 feet diameter ferris wheel. Which requires more torque to turn.

The bigger tires will mess up your odometer. It will make distances shorter. Example: It takes 10 tire turns to go from point A to B. If you use bigger tires, it may take only 9 turns. So your odometer will say that the distance is shorter where in fact it is the same.

Because of item #2, the car MID will mess up also and sayyou consume the same amount of fuel at lower distance traveled. So the fuel consumption will be calculated lower.

So na tripple jeopardy ka.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir , natry ko yan sa city ko nilakihan ko yun height ng tire from 175x65x14 to 175x70x14 , so lumaki yun gulong circumference. so isang revolution o isang ikot ng tire malaki tatakbuhin distance kasi malaki yun circumferential ng tire. I think nag improve fuel efficiency ng city ko that way distance travel per revolution ng tire dadami din. Just my 2 cents not sure
    (like regenerative braking, auto stop n go, alternator management, et)
    for 500k car you are expecting these? parang bumibili ka ng burger mcdo and your expecting a big Mac??,

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thank you for your advise, the truth shall set us free ! Sa mga subcompact na cars ayaw ko rin ng fiesta , eon , i10 or suzuki. Sa top car manufacturer ako pumipile , honda , toyota or Mitshu , wala nang iba ! Taas kasi resell values ng big 3 at matitibay , proven na sila eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by babam31 View Post
    Tama na sir! Sayang naman ang forum na to, baka maclose pa ng Admin. Gawa na lang po kayo or tayo ng forum na Mitsu Mirage Problems/haters, para nakahiwalay. Dun walang sasaway sa nyo.

Naunahan mo ko sir babam na isuggest yang mirage hater na forum...hahaha....magsamasama mga haters dun sa forum na yun....ngaun pa lang alam na kung sino potential president ng forum na yan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by happymeal View Post
    Yes, bigger tire makes the diameter, radius and circumference bigger. One tire rotation will have longer distance.

But doing this put's more stress on the engine. It will require a little more torque to make the car move. More torque equates for a need to higher RPM. Remember that the force applie is in the axle. Example: imagine holding and turning an axle connected to a 1 foot diameter wheel versus a 10 feet diameter ferris wheel. Which requires more torque to turn.

The bigger tires will mess up your odometer. It will make distances shorter. Example: It takes 10 tire turns to go from point A to B. If you use bigger tires, it may take only 9 turns. So your odometer will say that the distance is shorter where in fact it is the same.

Because of item #2, the car MID will mess up also and sayyou consume the same amount of fuel at lower distance traveled. So the fuel consumption will be calculated lower.

So na tripple jeopardy ka.

Re:

1. I read a post by niky saying that the lower the rpm in high gears the more fuel efficient it is.

2. So Mirage GLX and a Mirage GLS, clamped together and driven around will not have the same odo readings since the GLS has a bigger wheel diameter, right?

3. I guess it should be the opposite. The fuel consumption will be higher since the MID will translate lower distance travelled with same amount of fuel. I believe you are saying Fuel Efficiency (not consumption) will be calculated lower.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nakz View Post
    Positive or negative feedbacks man lahat ng kotse may ganun and Mirage is the first subcompact of Mitsubishi which has "Good FC" and "cool stuff inside and out" and looks na cool sa generation ng mga subcompact. Nasa sa inyo kung maniniwala kayo at kung gusto pa rin kumuha nitong kotse nato.. You almost heard/ seen every feedbacks from different owners and variants of mirage. Basta ako kukuha pa rin. Di mo malalaman kung di susubukan..
    Chill lang..
    Peace! =))
    The Mirage is experiencing normal early life problems. I bet their assembly plant also has this now.
    This is commonly known as the Bathtub Curve because in the early and late life of a machine, the probability of failure is high.
    Parang tao din yan, high danger level at alagain kapag sanggol pa lang at kapag gurang na.

So this first year, production issues in Thailand might be high, their yield might be low, learning curve of assembly workers are still growing.
    So the initial car produced might have higher potential of defects. As time goes by and will customer feedbacks, their assembly system will be better.
    Then more rugged and reliable cars will come out.

In softwares, I don't go and buy version 1.0. What I do is wait for version 1.1 which has a lot of fixes to problems in version 1.0.

Also in cars, I avoid the first year of release. Year two of Mirage will be better.
    If you have patience to wait a few more years, year three might have a facelifted version.

But the price might also go up. Sana wag.

I remember the first release of the Picanto here at 365K. After 4 years it became around 450K. If you bought early at 365K, you can still sell your picanto for 300K after 4 years of use. It's like using the car for 4 years for 65K. Sulit.

'Eto ang bathtub if your are interested.
    Reliability-Centered Maintenance

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Korek, pre.

About #2 ang mismong rubber wheel diameter ay pareho lang yata (goma to goma diameter). Ang magkaiba lang sa GLS at GLX ay ang wheel rims o steel rims na 14" at 15". Pero compensated ng tire aspect ratio to give you almost the same wheel diameter at circumference (goma to goma). Wala nga lang akong calculator to compute sa ngayon.

- - - Updated - - -

Korek, pre.

About #2 ang mismong rubber wheel diameter ay pareho lang yata (goma to goma diameter). Ang magkaiba lang sa GLS at GLX ay ang wheel rims o steel rims na 14" at 15". Pero compensated ng tire aspect ratio to give you almost the same wheel diameter at circumference (goma to goma). Wala nga lang akong calculator to compute sa ngayon.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by happymeal View Post
    The Mirage is experiencing normal early life problems. I bet their assembly plant also has this now.
    This is commonly known as the Bathtub Curve because in the early and late life of a machine, the probability of failure is high.
    Parang tao din yan, high danger level at alagain kapag sanggol pa lang at kapag gurang na.

So this first year, production issues in Thailand might be high, their yield might be low, learning curve of assembly workers are still growing.
    So the initial car produced might have higher potential of defects. As time goes by and will customer feedbacks, their assembly system will be better.
    Then more rugged and reliable cars will come out.

In softwares, I don't go and buy version 1.0. What I do is wait for version 1.1 which has a lot of fixes to problems in version 1.0.

Also in cars, I avoid the first year of release. Year two of Mirage will be better.
    If you have patience to wait a few more years, year three might have a facelifted version.

But the price might also go up. Sana wag.

I remember the first release of the Picanto here at 365K. After 4 years it became around 450K. If you bought early at 365K, you can still sell your picanto for 300K after 4 years of use. It's like using the car for 4 years for 65K. Sulit.

'Eto ang bathtub if your are interested.
    Reliability-Centered Maintenance

Thanks for the link. May matututuhan akong bago. I appreciate it

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yung allocated GLX unit na nakita ko, rubberized (rustproof coating ) na yung underside. Pleasing to the eyes din naman yung GLX with its native tires and wheel cover. Yung interior very simple lang, di sya pangit, pero di rin luxurious. Parang mahirap atang DIY ang oil change, may nakaharang sa taas at baba ng oil filter.

Tama, it is a different burger, kaya dapat it must be advertized as such, sabihin na nila yung 21/km FC ay sa Thailand, Japan, Europe, at Australian models lang yun, dahil iba, distinct and not identical, ang Philippine issue Mirage. No one has said, na lahat ng bells and whistles feature ay dalhin nila dito sa Pilipinas, yung FC at Reliability lang ang mas importante sa marami. But who knows, baka konting gimmick lang eh malampasan natin yung FC ng overseas models, pero kelangan maging realistic muna tayo ng maremedyuhan ang pwedeng maremedyuhan.
    Last edited by youngrider; December 5th, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Yung allocated GLX unit na nakita ko, rubberized (rustproof coating ) na yung underside. Pleasing to the eyes din naman yung GLX with its native tires and wheel cover. Yung interior very simple lang, di sya pangit, pero di rin luxurious. Parang mahirap atang DIY ang oil change, may nakaharang sa taas at baba ng oil filter.

Tama, it is a different burger, kaya dapat it must be advertized as such, sabihin na nila yung 21/km FC ay sa Thailand, Japan, Europe, at Australian models lang yun, dahil iba, distinct and not identical, ang Philippine issue Mirage. No one has said, na lahat ng bells and whistles feature ay dalhin nila dito sa Pilipinas, yung FC at Reliability lang ang mas importante sa marami. But who knows, baka konting gimmick lang eh malampasan natin yung FC ng overseas models, pero kelangan maging realistic muna tayo ng maremedyuhan ang pwedeng maremedyuhan.

Plus dapat may lumabas nang review ng Mirage based on Philippine testing.

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage