New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Couldn't find a good deal near our location bro. My in laws are offering me one of their lots in Bulacan but I don't think i can bear the daily drive to and fro makati. Woes on being used to living on QC.
    I think cavite (Bacoor area) is relatively closer to Makati compared to Bulacan and there are lots of low cost housing projects. I used to rent a place in Dasma Cavite and it costed me P4K/month for a 2 BR 2-story house. When I moved to the city, the condo rent for a much smaller area was P23K which forced me to take a loan from the bank and to invest in a condo. I had to relocate to Manila as the job assignment was transferred.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nakatira pa ako sa bahay ng family pero 40K ang monthly share ko, atleast 40-45% savings and ang natira ay para sa akin.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    65/35

saving up for a 2nd car hehehe
    I've been tempted a few times to apply for a new car loan especially when the banks persistently call almost every week and both cars are 5 year olds but I keep reminding myself that I have to wait for my 2 kids to finish college before I take another loan from the bank. It helped somehow manage my spending but during summer when I can barely feel the aircon, I would wish I got a spanking new car.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Nakatira pa ako sa bahay ng family pero 40K ang monthly share ko, atleast 40-45% savings and ang natira ay para sa akin.
    P40k is quite a lot bro unless you have a big family even if you count groceries and utilities.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Asus!

BTT

Same as cathy, sa salary minimal lang naitatabi ko. Minsan wala din hehe.

Pero SOP all bonuses straight sa savings. It works for me.

Hindi pa rin ganun ka strict si esmi sa budget since wala pa kami baby.

Kanya kanya kami hawak sa pera namin, we share sa monthly expenses and may mutual savings account kami.

Mas marami siya pera and ipon saken, siya yung may disiplina. Ako yung gastador. Balanse lang hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bro, I have a joint savings account with my wife for our daily expenses and my payroll acount for the salary. Transfer agad sa joint acct pag may laman except for bonuses and one timers. Yun lang nagiging savings ko pero unpredictable depende sa performance ng company. Si Mrs na bahala mag budget dun sa laman ng joint account pero pag biglang maisip un bakasyon, especially during long holidays, depleted agad ang balance. It is scarry when long holidays approaching like year-end!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    50% is automatically set aside for my savings and investments. Then I live off the 50%. Bonuses are used for toys since I need to amuse myself once in a while.

Sadly, this May, I spent more than my mid-year bonus because of all the trips and toys I've bought. Will make up for it during the remainder of the year.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I think cavite (Bacoor area) is relatively closer to Makati compared to Bulacan and there are lots of low cost housing projects. I used to rent a place in Dasma Cavite and it costed me P4K/month for a 2 BR 2-story house. When I moved to the city, the condo rent for a much smaller area was P23K which forced me to take a loan from the bank and to invest in a condo. I had to relocate to Manila as the job assignment was transferred.
    Alot of my friends have settled in Cavite actually. Ayoko lang ilayo mga magiging apo sa kanilang mga lola, at mas convenient din malapit sa parents since ako panganay. But we'll see, I haven't experienced travelling from Cavite to Makati and compared it to edsa-makati or slex-makati. thanks bro
    Last edited by Calistro; May 30th, 2015 at 12:32 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    currently paying for home and car loans. renting din ng condo near school ng kinder at grade 3 boys ko. plus expenses for my 8 month old baby girl. no work si wife. so halos wala ng natatabi from monthly sahod

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    When I was a bachelor, I had been saving 50% of my income. When I started dating my wife, My savings went down to 35%. I then spent all of my saving for a lot purchase and wedding expenses. When I got married, my savings went further down to 25%, which eventually went to car's dp and labour and birth expenses.. Now that I happily have a baby daughter and still paying for car's monthly amortization, I wont have any monetary savings for a long time. I don't mind, my family is my treasure

10. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    My wife and I agreed we'd be using her salary for monthly expenses and we'll keep what is left over between the two of us. We're still looking for our own place that's why we're saving up
    Ganyan ang ginawa namin dati. For almost 5 years - yung 15th na sahod ipon yung sa wife ko, yung 30th na sahod ipon yung sa akin. Si wife lagi ang may hawak ng budget

Monthly expenses:
    Condo amortization - 19k
    Association dues - 4k
    Meralco - 3k
    PLDT - 3k
    Smart - 2.5k
    Groceries monthly - 8k

But now since my wife has her own business, all expenses, except for monthly amortization, sa sweldo ko na kinukuha

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast