New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Bro, is your partner working and helping you with the expenses or the 10-15% is purely from your own income?
    She's an entrepreneur na sideline jobs lang, more of a houdewife. That is my savings, sa kanya hindi ko pinapakialaman whatever she earns kaya her savings per month are erratic and difficult to predict. Hehe.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Before the car loan, i was saving 20% and 20% goes to CC debt payment. Plan was to zero out the CC before the car payments start but did not happen. Currently 20% goes to car payments and a couple more months of CC payments before I can resume my savings plan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    50% is automatically set aside for my savings and investments. Then I live off the 50%. Bonuses are used for toys since I need to amuse myself once in a while.

Sadly, this May, I spent more than my mid-year bonus because of all the trips and toys I've bought. Will make up for it during the remainder of the year.
    Wait til you get yourself a wifey bro. But marry an accountant to help you with the budgeting. I have an office mate (lady accountant) who records all expenses on a notebook and micromanages the budget for the husband who is a soldier. I can tell that they were able to live a decent life with their own house and lot and a car.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wait til you get yourself a wifey bro. But marry an accountant to help you with the budgeting. I have an office mate (lady accountant) who records all expenses on a notebook and micromanages the budget for the husband who is a soldier. I can tell that they were able to live a decent life with their own house and lot and a car.
    Actually, between me and my girlfriend, I'm more particular with budgeting. I track every single peso I spend (with an app), and my monthly budget is segmented into different spending buckets (living expenses, charity, clothing, etc) so I can monitor which aspect I'm overspending.

Even though we're a long-term couple, she doesn't contribute to our finances yet since she's still a med student. So wedding funds and housing funds are all my burden for now.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beeftapa View Post
    When I was a bachelor, I had been saving 50% of my income. When I started dating my wife, My savings went down to 35%. I then spent all of my saving for a lot purchase and wedding expenses. When I got married, my savings went further down to 25%, which eventually went to car's dp and labour and birth expenses.. Now that I happily have a baby daughter and still paying for car's monthly amortization, I wont have any monetary savings for a long time. I don't mind, my family is my treasure
    I can relate to this but the threat is always about losing my job, the company getting acquired or suddenly getting fired for a slip. That is why savings is still an important consideration.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    She's an entrepreneur na sideline jobs lang, more of a houdewife. That is my savings, sa kanya hindi ko pinapakialaman whatever she earns kaya her savings per month are erratic and difficult to predict. Hehe.
    My wife tried the internet cafe and the prepaid card business before. Then a phone snatching incident happened and with the rush of riding in tandeem robberies, she decided to fold the shop. That time we were we able to net about P30K a month which is not bad. Now she is looking into franchising business but cannot decide which one to take. Meantime, the savings got eaten up by school expenses.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Morz View Post
    Before the car loan, i was saving 20% and 20% goes to CC debt payment. Plan was to zero out the CC before the car payments start but did not happen. Currently 20% goes to car payments and a couple more months of CC payments before I can resume my savings plan.
    CC really eats up on your budget. I used to own a few credit cards until I decided to terminate all except one. The problem is the remain card (BDO) gave me a high CL because of the long term relationship so there were times that we were tempted to go on vacation. Of course the wife and the kids were happy and you cannot put value to that. As the famous mastercard tagline says - PRICELESS!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    My wife tried the internet cafe and the prepaid card business before. Then a phone snatching incident happened and with the rush of riding in tandeem robberies, she decided to fold the shop. That time we were we able to net about P30K a month which is not bad. Now she is looking into franchising business but cannot decide which one to take. Meantime, the savings got eaten up by school expenses.
    Franchising is good basta maganda location and be vigilant lang sa auditing talaga. She has food stalls at 2 locations kasi.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    House amort 35k
    2 househelp 13k
    Electricity 7.5k
    Water 1.5k
    Groceries etc 30k
    Gas and tolls 15k
    School fees average of 30k per mo
    Savings? Ano yun? Hahaha

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap View Post
    House amort 35k
    2 househelp 13k
    Electricity 7.5k
    Water 1.5k
    Groceries etc 30k
    Gas and tolls 15k
    School fees average of 30k per mo
    Savings? Ano yun? Hahaha
    Is your wife working and helping you with the expenses? I can see that you are paying your house helpers well. With your electrical consumption, are you using energy saving lighting fixtures and appliances with inverter technologies? I consider my electrical bills too high and thinking to switch to inverters but that would require substantial spending on 2 aircons and ref. But I think I can recover the cost in 6 to 12 months.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast