New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by saluyet View Post
    Setup naman namin ni misis, lahat ng compensation ko savings. What I earn from business, dun lahat gastos. Kaya minsan pang sine at fast food na lang tira sa akin.
    How often do you eat outside bro? If you have kids, do you designate a day for the 2 of you to go out on your own?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    monthly expenses for a family of 3 + yaya.

utility: 20k +/-
    3 cars: 7k +/-
    groceries and toiletries: 30k +/-
    kids expenses: 20k +/-
    yaya sweldo: 7k
    cc bill for myself: 15 +/-

the killer:

wifes expenses: min 30k and can go anywhere up north. a sofa can easily cost 100k.

i only start paying my self this year. but for the past 3 years im in the negative territory. 4 years without salary. owed 3 banks. business break even earlier than expected so i reward my self by putting my name in the monthly pay roll.

how i save or cut monthly expenses that is for my wife to think about. and i don't scrimp when it comes to my family. i do all the scrimping with the business.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by screws View Post
    monthly expenses for a family of 3 + yaya.

utility: 20k +/-
    3 cars: 7k +/-
    groceries and toiletries: 30k +/-
    kids expenses: 20k +/-
    yaya sweldo: 7k
    cc bill for myself: 15 +/-

the killer:

wifes expenses: min 30k and can go anywhere up north. a sofa can easily cost 100k.

i only start paying my self this year. but for the past 3 years im in the negative territory. 4 years without salary. owed 3 banks. business break even earlier than expected so i reward my self by putting my name in the monthly pay roll.

how i save or cut monthly expenses that is for my wife to think about. and i don't scrimp when it comes to my family. i do all the scrimping with the business.
    Is the 30k just for the wifey's fancy or does she spend it on household as well? You did not mention tuition so I supposed the kid/s are still very young. Do you maintain a budget for your monthly expenses to track spending?

I think if you have a good accountant you can put some of your household expenses on your business and save on tax, thus will give you more savings.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post

I think if you have a good accountant you can put some of your household expenses on your business and save on tax, thus will give you more savings.
    bro, i know an accountant who was based in cebu before but now in manila

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    bro, i know an accountant who was based in cebu before but now in manila
    Lol bro. Im sure a poor accountant badly needs a sideline.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    That is a good arrangement bro. We were doing the same when my wife was still working and it took us a while to own a house through PAGIBIG. And yet, we could have not done it had not my parents "sold" me a lot with my wife heavy with our first child. I think it is wise to invest in a house if you can affors the amortization and the DP as opposed to just renting forever.
    Couldn't find a good deal near our location bro. My in laws are offering me one of their lots in Bulacan but I don't think i can bear the daily drive to and fro makati. Woes on being used to living on QC.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Bihira kami lumabas sir dreamur. Di na din kami nagdedate ni misis. Home movies na lang. Once a month, gala ng to do pag lumuwas manila. Being here in the province helps a lot. Life is simpler here.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Lahat ng gastos to clarify lang is monthly amort ng auto, tuition fees, utilities, etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    65/35

saving up for a 2nd car hehehe

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by saluyet View Post
    Bihira kami lumabas sir dreamur. Di na din kami nagdedate ni misis. Home movies na lang. Once a month, gala ng to do pag lumuwas manila. Being here in the province helps a lot. Life is simpler here.
    Actually my spending spiked up when I moved to Manila as the cost of living is ridiculously high. Example are tuition fees and utilities. And you spend more on fuel because of frequent traffic. Unfortunately, salary offer is lower in the province so that is the trade off.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast