New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I used to save 50% when I started working in 2009.

Since 2013 when I started paying for my gas and other car expenses, I barely get to save anything anymore. Deficit pa nga e. To make things worse, I haven't had a salary increase since then.
    Cat, I would say your personal expenses are relative to your income. If you het an increase, your spending would increase as well though not proportionately.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think credit card is also one of the reasons to mess up with the budget. We normally do not pay attention to it until the bill arrives.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I used to save 50% when I started working in 2009.

Since 2013 when I started paying for my gas and other car expenses, I barely get to save anything anymore. Deficit pa nga e. To make things worse, I haven't had a salary increase since then.
    Youre in your mid-late 20's pa lang pala? I thought you were in your early 40's na ma'am based on your posts. O you started late working na? In any case, its rude to say these things to a lady, so dont mind me. Was just curious.

OnT: I save abt. 60-70% of my income. Perks of being single :D
    Last edited by dcph172; May 29th, 2015 at 07:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    You must really earn a lot. Even single people don't get to save that much, unless they don't pay for anything (ie completely reliant on their parents for most bills).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    My wife and I agreed we'd be using her salary for monthly expenses and we'll keep what is left over between the two of us. We're still looking for our own place that's why we're saving up

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Setup naman namin ni misis, lahat ng compensation ko savings. What I earn from business, dun lahat gastos. Kaya minsan pang sine at fast food na lang tira sa akin.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You must really earn a lot. Even single people don't get to save that much, unless they don't pay for anything (ie completely reliant on their parents for most bills).
    Not really. I would think around the same range as my contemporaries/batchmates. I live with my parents yes and still eat at home, but I pay for my gas, car maintenance, bills ( c.c. and phone bill x2), toys & hobbies, clothing and other luho. I also give my share for the kuryente so i wont feel guilty using the aircon as much and try to take home food or order delivery for everyone at home as much as i can :D

Car maintenance is a pain. This month, 15k for 40k pms of the ranger and 7k for a new spare tire that got stolen. What is your average monthly expenses and how much do you save?What is your average monthly expenses and how much do you save?
    Last edited by dcph172; May 29th, 2015 at 08:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Youre in your mid-late 20's pa lang pala? I thought you were in your early 40's na ma'am based on your posts. O you started late working na? In any case, its rude to say these things to a lady, so dont mind me. Was just curious.

You must be referring to your take home pay since tax would already reduce your income by 20-30% plus other payroll taxes (SSS, HDMF, etc.). Even though, 60%-70% would still be quite high as what Jut said unless you are still living with your parents and bring lunch to work. At any rate, you should take advantage of that and save as much as you can and retire early.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    My wife and I agreed we'd be using her salary for monthly expenses and we'll keep what is left over between the two of us. We're still looking for our own place that's why we're saving up
    That is a good arrangement bro. We were doing the same when my wife was still working and it took us a while to own a house through PAGIBIG. And yet, we could have not done it had not my parents "sold" me a lot with my wife heavy with our first child. I think it is wise to invest in a house if you can affors the amortization and the DP as opposed to just renting forever.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    At any rate, you should take advantage of that and save as much as you can and retire early.
    Yes sir thats the plan. Ive already invested on a lot in one of the new villages in our province. Turn over is 2016-17. Im saving now so i can build a house on it and sell it after.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast