New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    True...living on your own would teach you a lot of things in life but living with your parents does not deprive you of that opportunity to gain maturity...

you could become mature even though you're living with your parents by first not being "palamunin". You could chip in with some of the household expenses. the things that you previously relied on your parents like your cellphone bills, fuel expenses, clothes, etc, you could use your own money to finance these.

through these you could start feeling how it's like to live on your own means...and if you feel comfortable enough to venture on your own...then go...but un nga living wd your parents does not deprive you of those experiences...siguro mas mabilis ka nga lng matututo sa buhay pag magisa k lang...

as what my Dad has told me..."me ibang tao me asawa't anak na nde pa din mature"....

pero kung ibang klase ang magulang nyo na parang baby pa din ang turing sa inyo...ibang usapan na un...lumayas ka na....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jun does make a point. What's the point of living away from home if the parents are really determined to keep themselves in control. After all, the TS's friend is still working in the family business so there is still room for the parents to exert their influences whether or not he sleeps at their house or not.

Which is exactly the point why I asked my commander to start a career of her own instead of getting the 'instant career' being offered by their family business (I have nothing against family businesses in general, just theirs )

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa case ng friend mo.. i think he should get out of the house, work in singapore/hk para hindi talaga maka "meddle" ang parents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung single pa, there is nothing wrong kung makitira pa rin siya sa parents niya, wala sa pagtira mo sa sarili mo ang pagiign matured ng isang tao nasa sarili nila yan, he can just shoulder say the ultilities, if he can pay it monthly then that is one sign of being matured..yun pagtira ng sarili pride na lang yan, but remember nsa pilipinas tayo hinde naman ito US na as soon as you reached 18 eh kailangan ng humiwalay.....

pero siyempre ibang usapan na kung nagaswa na,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    with a cayenne and another P5M vehicle in the family garage, i don't think the mom is going to let him pay the utilities. besides, malamang family business ang sumasagot ng gastusin sa bahay (utilities, cable, internet, driver, etc), so there's no point for him to chip in. that would make sense from a taxation point of view.

in the end, ang decision point lang talaga diyan is stay at home or venture out. he doesn't have to resign from the family business, since dun na talaga ang trabaho niya. pero kung talagang malakas loob niya, subukan niyang mag-trabaho sa ibang company. maganda kung multinational companies. marami siyang matututunan. tapos later on, he can resign from the multinational company and re-join the family business. magagamit pa niya ang mga natutunan niya sa multinational company sa family business nila. and he can use this as an excuse.

mahirap bitawan ang nakagisnang komportableng pamumuhay kaya usually, mas malakas ang loob ng mga medyo kapos sa buhay. again, like what balagtas said, "ang laki sa layaw karaniwa'y hubad.'

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bills to pay stuff to buy or not

Malaki naitutulong for me ng Pagsosolo

Mas mahahasa ka sa decision making.

Should I buy another fridge? nyah. lalakas sa kuryente, stuff like that.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ganyan din problema ko huhuhu hindi pala ako nag iisa!
    kaso ang problema may asawa nako and hindi ko naranasan maging independent. gusto ko gawin at puntahan maraming bagay na walang sumasaway. ayoko na laging bilang ang oras at galaw ko.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yeah, some people don't get matured kahit kasal na sila or hiwalay na sila sa magulang.

Nasa tao na mismo yan. So let's leave it like that.

I can't imagine living with my parents after I'm 30. What's the point? Financial security? Comfort Zone? Tipid? Walang gastusin? Kahit mag-chip in ako sa gastusin, di ko pa rin matiis umalis and be on my own. DO I see my parents as an investment in the future? Stay with em so I can save more money in the end?

I never thought it that way. That's a bad insight.

In the same manner parents think their kids as their life insurance.

Here's the worst advice I got from an "friend": Get married early so that your kids can wipe your ass when you get old. They will take care of you.

Ass wipe. Major. Get filthy rich and hire a maid to do the work. Not your kids. Where did he get that view? I don't know.

I can't remember the movie wherein a guy brings home a girl in his room and when they started making out, the mom knocks on his door. Na turn off ang girl. She left away. That's really funny.

I say being alone teaches you a lot of things, maturity aside. And that's to be responsible and be aware of your spendings.

And a lot of errors with us is we only move out AFTER getting married.

Big mistake.

They never experienced being alone, most of the time both husband and wife, kaya hayun, giyera ang nakakauwian.

And besides, every parent will be proud that their kids can live on their own without their support and guidance. IF the parents insists that they know better than their child, THEN there's something wrong.

And that's never teaching their kids to decide on their own.

Tingin pa rin nila sa anak ay isang "fully grown boy or baby girl".

Spare me the pain kimchy duddy-doodle doo.

The best advice I got from my deceased father was: "You have to rely on your own, I won't be forever at your side."

How I wish he sees me now with all the little success I made.

I know a guy who works but still have a different ATM, from his parents daw, monthly "allowance" daw niya. And he's like 36 or 37. And he still lives with his parents.

Now girls, do you think that's impressive?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I started living alone as soon as i can since nasanay na ko ng ganun nung college ako. ngayon married na pinilit ko pa rin humiwalay kami sa mga magulang namin. mabuti na ng matuto ng maaga...

we always visit our parents if we have time kaya lang nakakaawa rin mga magulang lalo na kung solo anak or konti lang kayo magkakapatid...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Based on your second post, here are my comments:

1) If you are living with your parents, then yes, you are under their authority.

2) Money is just that: money. If his priority is convenience then he should stay. If his priority is freedom...

Bottom line is know your priorities.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Live alone or live with parents?