New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If your a guy, early thirties and single. would it be advisable to live alone or still live with parents. whats the stand of the male tsikoteers?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    live alone!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Depends on a lot of factors and priorities.

Is your priority to save money or freedom to do stuff and go home any time (or not go home at all)? And how far is it from work? Sometimes the savings may not offset the travel time and the fatigue associated with it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hanap na asawa!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The situation is like this. My friend works in the family business and live with his parents but the thing is he feels he cannot mature as a man when he still is with his parents. That is the reason why he is contemplating on living alone. However living with his parents has a lot of pros money-wise. They pay for his gas, living expenses are free, trips abroad, eat at fancy restaurants, nice car, good name
    and stature. If he decided to leave and try his luck alone, he would be deprived of all these but he would have the freedom however there is always that guilt feelings that he has left his parents behind and his parents is very vocal in telling him this. Now he is torn. Should he follow the dictates of his heart that is to be free live alone and have that satisfying feeling or should he follow what his mind is telling him that is to still live with his parents and enjoy those economic and social perks but at the expense of his manhood?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LEB View Post
    If your a guy, early thirties and single. would it be advisable to live alone or still live with parents. whats the stand of the male tsikoteers?
    Live alone.

Believe me, madami ka matutunan kapag nag-iisa ka lang.

been there, done that.

Masarap na mahirap.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm lucky enough to have parents/relatives who respect a married person's privacy/authority...so imho ok lang, kahit single or married ka. what's important to me is that one should carry his/her own weight, and not depend on your parents to wash your clothes, take care of your kids, or get allowance from. i mean, they're not exactly young you know, time will come na di na nila kakayanin yan ang will have to retire.

ok lang naman if your parents help out with the chores at sa mga gastuhin. pero wag naman ung puro sila na lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LEB View Post
    The situation is like this. My friend works in the family business and live with his parents but the thing is he feels he cannot mature as a man when he still is with his parents. That is the reason why he is contemplating on living alone. However living with his parents has a lot of pros money-wise. They pay for his gas, living expenses are free, trips abroad, eat at fancy restaurants, nice car, good name
    and stature. [SIZE=3]If he decided to leave and try his luck alone, he would be deprived of all these[/SIZE] but he would have the freedom however there is always that guilt feelings that he has left his parents behind and his parents is very vocal in telling him this. Now he is torn. Should he follow the dictates of his heart that is to be free live alone and have that satisfying feeling or should he follow what his mind is telling him that is to still live with his parents and enjoy those economic and social perks but at the expense of his manhood?
    Why would that be? He can still mooch off his parents and make them pay for his expenses even if he's not living under the same roof.

But, it's all a matter of pride. I had the urge to live my own life as soon as I hit 20. Once I left, I never looked back. It was hard. But, I've gotten this far without any further help from my folks. So, I'm satisfied where I'm at.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 14th, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    i think its alright to live with your parents for as long as you give something or "chip in" with the household expenses. Parang you would be hitting two birds with one stone, you could save money on rent, and still help out your parents. The only time i would contemplate on living alone is when I am able to afford owning my own place, I dont see myself renting a place just to be able to say that I indeed am living alone.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Live alone or live with parents?