New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Intel already has dual core. ;)

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i'm choosing between a 6800GT and an x800pro as my next vidcard upgrade... my current one is a 9700pro and it's starting to show its age in newer games...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    The way I figure it, these two will continue to be banging heads with each other for a long time. Intel needs the competition (they've admitted it time and again). In fact I think the're banking on what the competition has to offer... don't you notice how that everytime AMD releases something seemingly new Intel's got something up its sleeves to meet or beat it? Like it's been there all along and they're just waiting to pounce back. AMD needs to get that "disruptive" technology (really radical) that will propel everyone away from the current architecture both chip makers are in. So far all they got are innovations. Otherwise, all Intel has got to do is stay a generation ahead of the innovations, and play it like a deck of cards.

IMHO.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    From what I know desktop and mobile Intel CPU has only HT. HT is not dual core. The OS will see it dual CPU, but its not real dual core.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the direction of cpu development is towards dual-core processors... but that is still maybe 1-1.5 years away... hopefully, though before this happens, intel will decide to release dothan (pentium-m) to the desktop...

i really don't like the current prescotts with their high temps and high power consumption... i also don't like the idea of them having a 30-stage execution pipeline compared to other p4s which have a 20-stage one...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    jkyamog, Intel has dual core technology and HT... in fact, they're combining the 2 in upcoming products.

the question now is when do they plan to release this on the desktop platform... are they going to let AMD spill it out first then Intel do a rebound... or would they prefer to lead this time. Either way, it's a win-win for them... unless ofcourse wala na talaga bumili sa kanila.

anyway, the fourth quarter of this year until next year will be exciting... this is because majority of US and european businesses will be upgrading their machines by that time. already, these 2 are getting ready for this massive surge of demand.

and so, another round of AMD vs Intel.

also, expect another surge of surplus machines next year... big business din yan... hehehe.

I think, I've said too much here na...

RafRaf... out!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    turk, were on the same boat (re vidcards) but im leaning more towards the x800 cause as you well know, the GeForce6 is a humongous power hog!!! I mean, what's with the dual molex connectors!!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    for me rin... AMD works well if you are into games and some stuffs but for the Server use.. syempre INTEL inside ang kailangan ehehehe.. pero for home use talaga, AMD swack sa budget ... hehehe ... AFFORDABLE .......

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha. onga if im gonna spend my department's budget, bakit hindi intel. But if its gonna come out of my wallet, then amd na lang hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    as a hobby, i assemble rigs for my relatives and friends be it amd or intel-based... but for my own systems, i still prefer and stick to intel... really just a matter of personal preference...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
AMD vs Intel