New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    *pajerokid... the 6800GT only has one molex power connector... it is the 6800ultra which uses two...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. thought you were going for the ultra

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    no need... the gt can hit ultra speeds when oc'ed... and i'm not abt to buy a US$500 vidcard... )

also considering the x800pro but the GT has very good benchies when compared to it... i guess i'll just wait for doom3/hl2 and then see who between them runs these games faster...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how many pixel pipelines does the GT have? If it has 16, then i guess its a good buy. Im shying away from the x800 pro coz its "ONLY" got 12. Ang pangit kasi ng feeling na medyo castrated version yung gamit ko e. Underclocked is OK, but I want more pipelines.

Grabe reviews nitong latest generation of vidcards no? imagine, almost double the performance of the radeon 9800xt!!!

Grabe din ang presyo! hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i'll probably wait for the Socket 939 Athlon64's with dual channel support and pci express motherboards before i upgrade.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    based on personal experience AMD cpus tend to overheat....the bundled cpu fans aren't enough to cool it. kahit na bumili ka pa ng medyo mamahaling cpu fan, nag ooverheat pa rin.

nag order kami dati for the office...after 1-2 weeks of repairing and replacing, we opted to get P4s na lang.

fyi, there used to be this video on www.tomshardware.com showing a smoking(literall) fan-less Athlon cpu

i also surfed the net and found out that this guy also has the same xperience with athlons/durons...the kicker is that the guy lives in *Iceland*.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badkuk
    based on personal experience AMD cpus tend to overheat....the bundled cpu fans aren't enough to cool it. kahit na bumili ka pa ng medyo mamahaling cpu fan, nag ooverheat pa rin.

nag order kami dati for the office...after 1-2 weeks of repairing and replacing, we opted to get P4s na lang.

fyi, there used to be this video on www.tomshardware.com showing a smoking(literall) fan-less Athlon cpu

i also surfed the net and found out that this guy also has the same xperience with athlons/durons...the kicker is that the guy lives in *Iceland*.
    what were the specs for the athlon units you got? And what softwares did you use with them? (Corel, Autocad???)

Kasi all my Athlon XP units in my computer rental shop works pretty well...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the 6800GT also has 16 pixel pipelines like the 6800ultra... the diff. is that the core and mem clocks are lower and the ultra has support for shader 3.0 which next season's games will start using... the gt should be about P25K while the ultra P30K...

the x800pro does have 12 pipelines compared to the x800XT's 16... it's price should be the same as the 6800gt...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by wildthing
    thanks, nothing specific yet about the video...but I have had suggestions on a pixel view brand that allows video in and video out on the card.

I haven't considered firewire, kasi my thoughts where on analog video cam and vhs players pa.

san shop mo binili?

I have good feedback on ASUS motherboards...care for a comment on that brand?
    Well, my video capture device is a Dazzle Snazzi USB external version. Kinda old by now since I bought it more than 3 years ago. It still functions and can capture up to DVD quality video (or so it claims. Usually I use it to capture video from VHS or video cams and burn to VCD. The bundled software captures the video directly into MPEG video format compatible to VCD.

Anyway, I bought my Dazzle from the internet because all the shops selling capture devices were overpricing it by 50%. I got it from www.outpost.com

As for ASUS motherboards, the last time I used them were for my Pentium 3 units. I got a batch where the capacitors around the CPU would start to "leak" causing the system not to start up or would only start up after a few minutes after power-on. The problem would manifest around 6 months after purchase. Since then, I've been using Elite or ECS mboards. No motherboard failures so far with my Athlon XP units.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can't argue that comparing an Athlon64 vs. the latest Pentium 4 (Prescott) is unfair because the A64 is capable of running 64-bit code. the fact is that the A64 runs current 32-bit code faster than most every mainstream processor today, with the option of 64-bit computing merely icing on the cake at this moment, as PK points out.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
AMD vs Intel