New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, what do you plan to use for video capture or transfer?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I think USB 2.0 is 480 MBits/s which is faster than Firewire/IEEE1394 400 MBits/s. USB 1.0 was the slow serial bus. Although despite this I personally use Firewire for my camcorder because of 2 things:

- Linux Firewire supports my Sony camcorder, My USB 2.0 can just detect but can't control it.
    - Fireware has a standard when it comes to controlling a camcorder. So you are not limited if the manufacturer does not create a driver for your OS. I think USB will or may already have this, but 2 years ago I did not see one.

We don't have to wait for MS to release an OS. Actually Linux was one of the first if not the first OS to support x86 64-bit computing. Both AMD's x86-64 and Intel's IA-64 are already supported by Linux.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks, nothing specific yet about the video...but I have had suggestions on a pixel view brand that allows video in and video out on the card.

I haven't considered firewire, kasi my thoughts where on analog video cam and vhs players pa.

san shop mo binili?

I have good feedback on ASUS motherboards...care for a comment on that brand?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alive and kicking pa yung athlon tbird 900 ko sa bahay. pero minsan lumalabas na yung edad ng system ko. time for an upgrade :evillaugh

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Asus is the best motherboard manufacturer in terms of features, performance, etc. The prices is also on the higher end of the scale. Its a safe and worth it choice. Its like Toyota in terms of car brands. Asus also manufactures for tier 1 PC companies like HP, etc. Only ECS rivals Asus it terms of motherboards produced. But ECS manufactures different brands of boards, also ECS standards are not yet up to par with Asus. Good alternatives to Asus in the local market is MSI and Epox.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bihira nako makahanap ng purely MOBO lang... kadalasan, may kasama ng sound card, video card, etc. i plan to reuse my existing sound card (sb live value) when i upgrade as well as use a GF FX5900 video card. sayang lang kasi for me yung naka-built in sa MOBO pag ganon eh... any suggestions for MOBO? i'm looking at MSI na may DDR400 support and nforce2 as well.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    BTTT, realistically a barton 2.5GHz (3200+) is more than enough to get all these games going. Para sakin hindi pa rin worth ang premium sa Intel processors. If i were to get a server, i'd go Intel, but for Gaming/Home use... solid AMD ako.
    correction an axp 3200+ = 2.2ghz only. but why buy a 3200+ when you can get a cheaper mobile axp 2400+ and overclock it to 2.5ghz or higher. AMD is simply the best bang for the buck processor!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede mo naman i-disable sa bios setup yung built-in audio/video ng MOBO.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi, parang sayang lang kasi sa pera kung ganon eh... pwede ba dual video card?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hi ssaloon,

MSI nforce2, MSI K7N2 Delta series in one of the best or the best nforce2 platform. Medyo hindi na ako ganoon ka updated sa PC hardware unlike dati. I think because getting interested in cars again, so the computer stuff ay medyo work na lang. Pero MSI nforce2 Delta series is very good, even better than the Asus counterpart.

nforce2 MCP2-T will already rival SB Live performance and even has more features. If you get a motherboard that has true MCP2-T then you can already think of selling your SB Live, for the extra money. That is what my bro in law did with the SB Live I sold him when he upgraded to a nforce2 MCP2-T board. I think it was the top end MSI delta series.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
AMD vs Intel