New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by funnytrix View Post
    hi everyone! i am also thinking of getting a cx-5 AT. i spent a day looking at various options. i short listed by options to three. cx-5, cr-v 2.0 S and new forester. however, i am still confused which to get. the crv's interior is definitely superior because leather is everywhere. i also like how the forester looks. my worry is in spite crv and forester claim their recent models are more fuel efficient, i heard not to good news about their fuel efficiency. besides the new forester will only be officially launched this friday. i am particularly entires with the cx-5 because of the yojin 3 which is a value for money there.

I saw in the that there are discounts? my sales agent for the cx-5 did not offer me a discount from the listed price.

thanks for all the help!
    Based on this forum the 3yrs worth of PMS will amount to about 40k. Given its price minus the projected worth of yojin3, its still "overpriced" for the segment and in direct relation to its class. Though compared to the CRV S and Forester base model, it does come with a direct injection engine, a stronger engine and lighter curb weight. The forester is the only 4x4 in its price range and segment minus the XV.

Fuel consumption wise, the new forester is comparable to the XV which based on the forum here and the subaru club is about 8-9km/l city driving after the first 3tkm break in period. For the CRV, there are no feedback from the forums, but since it is heavier with pretty much the same HP (153) and Torque (190NM) rating then it is going to be less fuel efficient. (cx-5 162HP 210NM and forester about 150HP 198NM)

If HP and torque alone is the basis for choosing the CX-5 wins for sure. Since it is lighter than the other two at 1405KG vs 1515KG CRV, and 1485KG forester. Either one is really a great vehicle among those three.

Its not clear if you test drove any or all of them based on your comment, but the actual drive of each of the specific models you are looking at will most likely make your choice simpler.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thanks LoBudget for the response. Those are very helpful insights.

Let me also share with you factors that I consider in making the decision. The reason I am looking for fuel consumption efficiency is I intend to use it as my primary mode of transportation replacing my '93 Mitsubishi Lancer. I am pretty sure the jump from a sedan to a CUV/SUV is a huge jump in engine size, but I am banking on the marketing promises of fuel consumption efficiency by CX-5's Skyactive, CR-V's ECON button, and new Forester's "more fuel efficient" engine. I did not test drove any of the vehicles in consideration. I just looked at them in the showrooms because I looked at a lot including ASX and Tucson. Now, that I think I have short listed my options to only three I can schedule for test drives. I am sure that will make it fun. Also, this purchase will be my surprise for my mom when she visits in May. I want to tour her around and I think the CUV/SUV will be a much more comfortable ride for her than a sedan.

In the attempt to make order of my confusion, I thought of the following considerations according to importance.

1. Value for money

I am hoping to get the best-value vehicle to stretch what a 1.4 M budget can have. Value can include standard safety features.

2. Fuel consumption efficiency

Distance of my home and office is quite a ride. I live is San Pedro, Laguna and I work in Makati. I never watched my fuel consumption but I am sure jumping from a sedan to SUV is a big change in fuel consumption. Fuel consumption efficiency reports in the internet just confused me. Although, I asked all the sales consultants on fuel consumption. They are all proud of their "babies" fuel consumption efficiency. I am hoping to have a car that let's me enjoy the driving without drying me out in fuel costs.

3. Reliability

As ashamed as I am for a 30-year old man, I know nothing about fixing a car. I just recently "discovered" the fun in driving. So, I am looking at a car that is not known to have mechanical issues for a worry-free driving.

4. Maintenance cost

I should know having owned a hand-me-down car that maintenance cost for cars can get expensive. I am looking for a vehicle that is low-maintenance (maybe based on the manufacturer's credibility), availability of service centers, inexpensive spare parts, spare parts availability, and the likes.

5. After sales service

I am a customer who wants to be treated like a valued customer. I am hoping to get support from dealers/manufacturers after the sale.

6. Availability

In order to make the car a surprise, I am hoping to get the unit by the second week of May.

My initial thoughts for CX-5 and CRV:

Mazda CX-5 AT 1,452,000
    I loved the body. The exterior is an eye-catcher. I love that it has front and side airbags and has a backup sensor. Also, I love that the back seats fold easily by just pulling levers. I love that it has 6-speed transmission. For me more transmission means more fuel efficient. (I don't know). I also like the marketing claim that Skyactiv does make this CUV consume gas like a sedan (any truth to this?). I read several blog to claim the same. The interior is a different story though. I feel that the overall cabin space is small for a CUV. The passenger and back seats have small leg rooms. I am only 5'8 but it felt a bit like a sedan's cabin. Not sure if it's because I had my expectations wrongly set. The seat material was okay,close to the Mazda 3 I drove before. The cockpit was not that exciting. I don't know the material seems that everything is plastic. The trunk has a decent size. It was an okay interior for me. I was a little expecting more because of it's price tag. Should I trust that since this is assembled it Japan that it is "better". Winning as the Japan Car of the Year for two years is very telling as well on how Skyactiv is perceived to be a game-changer. It is cool that is has a keyless entry system and a push-start button. But not too sure if I can't live without it unless I don't understand the benefit of having those features. I may have gone over budget for this but that's because I am interested with their Yojin 3 promo that includes roadside assistance and maintenance cost. Which I think waters down the 52,000 over budget. Units are available.

Honda CR-V 2.0 S 1,390,000
    I am very familiar with how a CR-V looks like, I think nothing much has changed on it's body. I am okay with how the exterior looks but it does not have the "pogi" look as the CX-5. The inside surprised me. It does exude luxury and elegance with leather seats and steering wheel. I felt that this is the roomiest from those that I saw that day. It has an impressive trunk space. Just like the CX-5, the back seats fold easily. It has front and side airbags. Not sure I will miss the AUX jack and the bluetooth voice junctions that CX-5 has.Love that there are AC vents for the rear seats. It does not have a backup sensor though. It's an additional 50,000 (i think) should I decide to add it. It only has 5-speed transmission. I am a little skeptic on the fuel efficiency as it heavily lies of the ECON button. I hear that CRVs are not know for fuel consumption efficiency. I read some articles also saying the the ECON button dampens the joy of riding. I also hear that Honda after sales service and spare parts are expensive. Lastly, the units are already being assembled in Thailand. Units are available.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

Saan dealership kayo kukuha sir? less 60K ang price ng M/T.

Which dealership is this? Would you know is there is discount for A/T? Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is it true that the MT is only available in white and silver?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Edit: Berjaya says there's a 3-6 month waiting period for a blue MT. Interestingly they also said that a 2.5 4x4 is coming.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Our CX-5 just had its 1st PMS last Monday..... total cost was Php 0.00 because of Yojin 3

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

I think the Max discount they're giving for the AT version is 10k, + freebies.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LRTan View Post
    I think the Max discount they're giving for the AT version is 10k, + freebies.
    I got a 40k discount, but that was last June/July last year.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Sir, check ko ulit kung saan dealership. I forgot na.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thanks everyone for your responses. After seeing the CRV, Forester, XV, Tucson, Sportage, and CX-5 at the MIAS, i decided to go ahead with the CX-5 purchase. It does have a pricey tag but I am hoping Skyactive makes up for it. Plus Yogin3 is too good to ignore

Checks are all cleared and I am just waiting to sign the final documents. I decided to go with the white. Loved the red but I went with the white instead. Crossing my fingers I made the right choice with the vehicle and color. Had rear view camera installed as well.

Mazda CX-5