New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    They did mention about the rear AC vents. I saw it in the Speed version. Not sure if it’s across all variants.
    The rear AC louvres were checked for ALL Ph variants.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Lol *P1.3M with a 1.5L engine and a torsion beam, added to insult yung non-touch screen head unit.

Just a rip-off and clearly not worth it.

But the 2.0L is pretty fully equipped as with others markets but it should have been the 2.5L at least.

A niche just became more niche.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The rear AC louvres were checked for ALL Ph variants.[emoji4]

Wow with the premium model... with all the safety plus the mazda radar cruise, the stop and go in traffic and etc...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    No foglights na daw needed as the headlamps would suffice na daw.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    2.5L189hp with 8.28secs 0-100kph. Also it's heavier and smaller inside plus smaller boot space.

Imagine the figures with the 2.0L and the 1.5L.. it will crawl.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    No foglights na daw needed as the headlamps would suffice na daw.
    Yeah, they tricked out the heads to delete the fogs. Guess Mazda has had enough w/ giving owners the freedom to go tacky w/ mods here, there, everywhere.[emoji16] No mas!!![emoji13]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Lol *P1.3M with a 1.5L engine and a torsion beam, added to insult yung non-touch screen head unit.

Just a rip-off and clearly not worth it.

But the 2.0L is pretty fully equipped as with others markets but it should have been the 2.5L at least.

A niche just became more niche.
    5yrs ago the gen3 1.5 was the bang4buck. This time around, the 2.0 gets the vote. Premium...Dayummmm....6 control modules instead of 1 simple BCM. All windows are now 1 touch auto. 360cam, all the safety....& yes, that Bose system.[emoji108]

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Ah, glad then there is confirmation about the rear vents. Thanks.

Did the previous generation have similar safety tech for the lower price? I honestly don't know. I know the 2.0 tech is somewhat more than previous, other than the i-stop. There are more than 2 airbags as well.

I am honestly curious, what the hell is a "pedal misuse alert"? I get it is for wrong application, but how does it logically trigger? So you are pressing the accelerator and about to crash into a wall, it alerts you that you are pressing the wrong pedal... then what? With the Smart Braking Support already equipped, then isn't the "alert" system for pedal application pointless?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Ah, glad then there is confirmation about the rear vents. Thanks.

Did the previous generation have similar safety tech for the lower price? I honestly don't know. I know the 2.0 tech is somewhat more than previous, other than the i-stop. There are more than 2 airbags as well.

I am honestly curious, what the hell is a "pedal misuse alert"? I get it is for wrong application, but how does it logically trigger? So you are pressing the accelerator and about to crash into a wall, it alerts you that you are pressing the wrong pedal... then what? With the Smart Braking Support already equipped, then isn't the "alert" system for pedal application pointless?
    It will alert if you're somehow depressing the brake and accelerator simultaneously.

I think the real bang for the buck now is the outgoing 2.0L.

With this pricing, they are positioning in the premium compact segment already.

Imagine the upcoming new gen Mazda 2 pricing.

10. Join Date
    May 2016
    People won't line up to buy it even if it's loaded to the brim. I get Mazda is trying to go premium, but unfortunately is still associated with Japanese econoboxes. Difficult to remove that tag. Explains why Toyota just made a different brand for their premium line.

Now if the 1.6M was the 2.5L turbo, that's a different story altogether.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast