New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Based on my experience with our Focus Ecoboost and Kona, a 6 speed feels like 5 speed in terms of shifting gears but the engine is more relaxed at higher speeds. For example, with our Honda City with the 5 speed, when traveling at 80 to 100 km/h you can hear the engine revving and it feels going like we’re going fast.

When in the Focus or Kona, 120km/h feels like 80km/h. Sometimes I don’t even notice 130km/h na pala ako.
    That's good to hear then.

I was a bit worried for those with 8 or 9AT that the car might suddenly go gear hunting between 1st and 2nd like the Ford DCTs when in crawling traffic and become "undecided" on which gear to stay in while in a crawl (speed range was between 10kph to 20kph when I experienced it). I know the DCTs are also a different beast from the 8AT and 9AT but I couldn't fathom the 7th, 8th and 9th being all "overdrives" from where the current crop of 6ATs or 6MT gearing. That's why I couldn't imagine how they "spaced it out".

But if the spacing gives it more speed for the same low rpm at top gear, then that feels more reassuring that the lower gears aren't too close together. =)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    How's the Hyundai Kona? Interior quality? Ride comfort?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    How's the Hyundai Kona? Interior quality? Ride comfort?
    Ride comfort feels the same as a typical compact car. A little firm but still comfortable especially on higher speeds. Interior quality is nowhere near Mazdas but it is decent for the price. The buttons, the stalks, and the doors have that heavy and substantial feel to it which is quite nice. But it is all hard plastics and some fabric inserts on the side.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Just saw one on the road in Alabang this afternoon. Looked like a Mazda agent was driving it back to Mazda Alabang. Soul red sportback. Nice front and rear. The C Pillar will take a little getting used to. Still not feeling it ...yet. But I still like it more than the sedan. Now I'm excited to see how the facelift will look like[emoji16]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by go-to-guy View Post
    Just saw one on the road in Alabang this afternoon. Looked like a Mazda agent was driving it back to Mazda Alabang. Soul red sportback. Nice front and rear. The C Pillar will take a little getting used to. Still not feeling it ...yet. But I still like it more than the sedan. Now I'm excited to see how the facelift will look like[emoji16]
    Both look great.[emoji106] I'm just more a hatch person.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Crazy what boredom does....[emoji13]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Crazy slammed stance [emoji1787]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Ride comfort feels the same as a typical compact car. A little firm but still comfortable especially on higher speeds. Interior quality is nowhere near Mazdas but it is decent for the price. The buttons, the stalks, and the doors have that heavy and substantial feel to it which is quite nice. But it is all hard plastics and some fabric inserts on the side.
    I think that the korean brands of recent models mimic more the europeans rather than japanese cars when it comes to the feel and looks of the buttons, stalks as you describe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    I think that the korean brands of recent models mimic more the europeans rather than japanese cars when it comes to the feel and looks of the buttons, stalks as you describe.
    Peter Schreyer's prints.[emoji4]

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast