New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Again, thank you for these links. Rambling Juan's Alternate route from Manila to Baguio was essentially helpful with pictures and everything

On the other hand, this just came at the top of my head... leaving Marilao Bulacan at 4AM... traveling via NLEX - SCTex, I just wonder how long it will take. Will we reach SCTex at 5.30AM just in time when it opens? Then before we head towards the Magilas Trail route, I'm guessing it won't be as dark anymore.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks again everyone. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. The Magilas Trail directions were awesome. Although longer, but no traffic and congestion. We arrived in Baguio early and our trip was smooth and fine. We're now going back to Manila and we'll be using the Magilas Trail route again. Thanks and God bless! Hope you all have a wonderful 2012. Until next time!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by butchik View Post
    Thanks again everyone. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. The Magilas Trail directions were awesome. Although longer, but no traffic and congestion. We arrived in Baguio early and our trip was smooth and fine. We're now going back to Manila and we'll be using the Magilas Trail route again. Thanks and God bless! Hope you all have a wonderful 2012. Until next time!
    Great to hear that. My bro's taking the same route later today.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo late na post ko but this is for those who are still in baguio now and will be going down soon. DO NOT TAKE NAGUILIAN AT NIGHT. we were in baguio last august and going down to manila the traffic at Marcos highway was very heavy (and Kennon was closed due to the rains). so since we had not passed the 1st stretch of on-going road construction yet i decided to turn around and go via naguilian instead. THERE ARE 3 PORTIONS OF NAGUILIAN WHERE THE ROAD IS ONLY 1 LANE DUE TO LANDSLIDES, AND THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THE ROAD WERE SO NARROW AND WERE EVEN BEGINNING TO SLIDE DOWN (MERON NANG BIYAK YUNG ROAD, SIGNS OF IMPENDING LANDSLIDE). so be very wary when going down naguilian as the eroded portions of the road is not clearly visible from far off, bigla na lang bubulaga sa iyo na biglang nag-disappear yung 1/2 ng road into a big land slide.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    medyo late na post ko but this is for those who are still in baguio now and will be going down soon. DO NOT TAKE NAGUILIAN AT NIGHT. we were in baguio last august and going down to manila the traffic at Marcos highway was very heavy (and Kennon was closed due to the rains). so since we had not passed the 1st stretch of on-going road construction yet i decided to turn around and go via naguilian instead. THERE ARE 3 PORTIONS OF NAGUILIAN WHERE THE ROAD IS ONLY 1 LANE DUE TO LANDSLIDES, AND THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THE ROAD WERE SO NARROW AND WERE EVEN BEGINNING TO SLIDE DOWN (MERON NANG BIYAK YUNG ROAD, SIGNS OF IMPENDING LANDSLIDE). so be very wary when going down naguilian as the eroded portions of the road is not clearly visible from far off, bigla na lang bubulaga sa iyo na biglang nag-disappear yung 1/2 ng road into a big land slide.

Thanks for the heads-up bro.,- I have not passed through Naguilian Road for years... (and I was thinking of doing it in a short while)....

14.5K:higop:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yikes! nakakatakot. thanks for the heads-up, yebo! even my dad didn't want to pass by Naguilian, kasi it's a long route daw. so we took the marcos hiway on the way back.. again....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Going back to Baguio again next month and will use the same Magilas Trail route (Thanks again everyone for your help). Just want to know.... Since our final destination would be in San Fernando, La Union (we're going to spend the night at Thunderbird), will head straight to Baguio from Manila, then after a short tour, head back down to Poro Point. I plan to use the same MT route going back to Manila, except I need to find where to go from end of Marcos Hiway going to San Fernando, La Union? Anyone know? Sorry didn't start a new thread, since I thought we're still gonna go to Baguio anyway....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi, ask ko lang po. Anyone know how to get to Poro Point coming from Baguio using the Magilas Trail route (in going to Manila)? Where to go from end of Marcos Hiway going to San Fernando La Union (Thunderbird Resort)? We are leaving next week po. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frequenzy View Post
    suggestion ko lang is kung di ka pa masyado sanay magdrive then mas ok sa marcos highway. wider roads at hindi ganun ka steep compared sa kennon. drawback is mas mahaba siya sa kennon road. mahirap sa kennon magovertake since 2lane lang siya and madalas marami trak na may kargang bato.
    baliktad yata sir, mas steep ang marcos kesa sa kennon. ang marcos matarik ang daan, ang kennon prone to land slides pag umuulan.

dami road repairs sa marcos highway na ongoing, trapik dun.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    baliktad yata sir, mas steep ang marcos kesa sa kennon. ang marcos matarik ang daan, ang kennon prone to land slides pag umuulan.

dami road repairs sa marcos highway na ongoing, trapik dun.
    Hi Sir, ganon po ba? Last december nag Marcos Highway kami. Mukhang okay naman. Di ako nahirapan. I always had this impression that Kennon is far too steep for me. So we used Marcos highway then, during our climb up to baguio and in going down to Manila. So far, kaunti na lang ang napansin kong road repairs and we never encountered any traffic at all during that time. Just not sure if I'll be caught on traffic there next week. I drive and do a lot of road trips using either stick shift SUV or automatic, but next week, I'm driving the automatic. So do you think a female like myself can handle Kennon Road for the final climb up, with the automatic cruiser? Just a thought.

Since we're going to push it hard, leaving Manila at 3AM for Baguio, then head back down the same day to Poro Point. In going down to San Fernando, La union, which way is closer to Thunderbird, Poro Point? Is it Marcos highway or Kennon road? (btw thanks for your PM again sir yebo)

I want to arrive as early as 7Am sana in Baguio so we could go back down and be early for our check in at Thunderbird around 2PM. Kaso I worry that if we leave earlier than 3AM malamang mag aantay din lang kami mag open ang SCTEX at 5:30AM? Is that right?

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast