New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by butchik View Post
    Hi Sir, ganon po ba? Last december nag Marcos Highway kami. Mukhang okay naman. Di ako nahirapan. I always had this impression that Kennon is far too steep for me. So we used Marcos highway then, during our climb up to baguio and in going down to Manila. So far, kaunti na lang ang napansin kong road repairs and we never encountered any traffic at all during that time. Just not sure if I'll be caught on traffic there next week. I drive and do a lot of road trips using either stick shift SUV or automatic, but next week, I'm driving the automatic. So do you think a female like myself can handle Kennon Road for the final climb up, with the automatic cruiser? Just a thought.

Since we're going to push it hard, leaving Manila at 3AM for Baguio, then head back down the same day to Poro Point. In going down to San Fernando, La union, which way is closer to Thunderbird, Poro Point? Is it Marcos highway or Kennon road? (btw thanks for your PM again sir yebo)

I want to arrive as early as 7Am sana in Baguio so we could go back down and be early for our check in at Thunderbird around 2PM. Kaso I worry that if we leave earlier than 3AM malamang mag aantay din lang kami mag open ang SCTEX at 5:30AM? Is that right?
    Kennon road has significantly improved. If you are in Baguio, the best route would be to take Naguilian road in going down to San Fernando. From Naguilian road, you will exit at Bauang tow, then San Fernando. This is much close to your destination than both Marcos Highway and Kennon.

But if you really mind the road quality (it still is not as good as the other mentioned roads), then take Marcos highway but do not take the Pugo road and instead, head towards Tubao, Agoo, then Bauang and San Fernando. Thunderbird is just along the National Highway.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    Kennon road has significantly improved. If you are in Baguio, the best route would be to take Naguilian road in going down to San Fernando. From Naguilian road, you will exit at Bauang tow, then San Fernando. This is much close to your destination than both Marcos Highway and Kennon.

But if you really mind the road quality (it still is not as good as the other mentioned roads), then take Marcos highway but do not take the Pugo road and instead, head towards Tubao, Agoo, then Bauang and San Fernando. Thunderbird is just along the National Highway.
    Maraming salamat sa input mo, Hanren. So far Naguilian is the closest route I've heard. But I was given a heads up, tama ka, medyo madami parin daw nakakatakot na butas sa daan at malapit sa bangin. Just not sure about the current road condition. Ilang kilometers po ba ang difference ng Naguilian to San Fernando as compared to using the Kennon or Aspiras Hiway?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^^ all the damaged roads in Naguilian road were already completed, pero mas maraming twist and turn ang road na ito kumpara sa Aspiras hiway at Kennon road. hanren is right, it's the shortest route to thunderbird. baguio to poro point (thunderbird) is about 1-1/2 hour drive away. using aspiras (marcos) hiway - plus almost another 30 minutes, while using kennon road will almost be another 1 hour.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    ^^^ all the damaged roads in Naguilian road were already completed, pero mas maraming twist and turn ang road na ito kumpara sa Aspiras hiway at Kennon road. hanren is right, it's the shortest route to thunderbird. baguio to poro point (thunderbird) is about 1-1/2 hour drive away. using aspiras (marcos) hiway - plus almost another 30 minutes, while using kennon road will almost be another 1 hour.
    Wow malayo rin pala. So I guess will just take Naguilian Road since medyo nagmamadali kami para umabot sa check-in time na 2PM sa Thunderbird (Hopefully walang traffic sa Naguillan). Thank you for this input, Sir. I hope kayanin ko naman ang Naguilian. Although am not too familiar with it. First time kong dadaan dun without my Dad who knows his way around Baguio. So I'll just follow your advice and Hanren's advice, to take Naguilian, then head towards Tubao, Agoo, then Bauang and San Fernando. Sana worth yung trip. At pwede ring mag jetski or anything sa Thunderbird, at may mapasyalan pang iba bukod sa resort para masulit namin yung overnight stay

Just one more question... if you guys know... how to get back to Maguilas Trail coming from Thunderbird. Sorry... Para pauwi ulit namin Manila we're going to use the Magilas Trail route back. Medyo cramming na ko kasi next week napo ang alis namin. Pero maraming salamat po sa mga inputs ninyo!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow malayo rin pala. So I guess will just take Naguilian Road since medyo nagmamadali kami para umabot sa check-in time na 2PM sa Thunderbird (Hopefully walang traffic sa Naguillan). Thank you for this input, Sir. I hope kayanin ko naman ang Naguilian. Although am not too familiar with it. First time kong dadaan dun without my Dad who knows his way around Baguio. So I'll just follow your advice and Hanren's advice, to take Naguilian, then head towards Tubao, Agoo, then Bauang and San Fernando. Sana worth yung trip. At pwede ring mag jetski or anything sa Thunderbird, at may mapasyalan pang iba bukod sa resort para masulit namin yung overnight stay

Just one more question... if you guys know... how to get back to Maguilas Trail coming from Thunderbird. Sorry... Para pauwi ulit namin Manila we're going to use the Magilas Trail route back. Medyo cramming na ko kasi next week napo ang alis namin. Pero maraming salamat po sa mga inputs ninyo!
    the Naguilian road from Baguio doesn't lead you to Tubao and Agoo... major towns from Baguio via Naguilian route are Sablan (Benguet), Burgos (1st town of La Union), Naguilian, Bauang then San Fernando. hindi ako sure kung may jetski doon sa thunderbird, what i know is in San Juan (the surfing capital of the Philippines)... only 10-15 mins drive from Thunderbird resort.

going back to Maguilas Trail.. back from San Fernando - Bauang, Caba, Aringay, Agoo, Sto Tomas, Rosario, then you're back in Sison Pangasinan, Pozzurubio, Binalonan then there you go... to Maguilas Trail. enjoy and drive safe always

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    the Naguilian road from Baguio doesn't lead you to Tubao and Agoo... major towns from Baguio via Naguilian route are Sablan (Benguet), Burgos (1st town of La Union), Naguilian, Bauang then San Fernando. hindi ako sure kung may jetski doon sa thunderbird, what i know is in San Juan (the surfing capital of the Philippines)... only 10-15 mins drive from Thunderbird resort.

going back to Maguilas Trail.. back from San Fernando - Bauang, Caba, Aringay, Agoo, Sto Tomas, Rosario, then you're back in Sison Pangasinan, Pozzurubio, Binalonan then there you go... to Maguilas Trail. enjoy and drive safe always
    oopps, me bad. i misread hanren's post. he meant that if i took the marcos hiway pala, i should head to tubao, agoo. so i got it na. via Naguilian, i won't pass by tubao and agoo pala. instead, i'll take Bauang exit then San Fernando. sorry for this.

thank you so much sir, Gumusut! that's the answer i wanted to know. how to get back to Maguilas Trail coming from San Fernando. Everyone has been helpful. God bless. And will keep you in the loop.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    oopps, me bad. i misread hanren's post. he meant that if i took the marcos hiway pala, i should head to tubao, agoo. so i got it na. via Naguilian, i won't pass by tubao and agoo pala. instead, i'll take Bauang exit then San Fernando. sorry for this.

thank you so much sir, Gumusut! that's the answer i wanted to know. how to get back to Maguilas Trail coming from San Fernando. Everyone has been helpful. God bless. And will keep you in the loop.
    your welcome mam, btw kumusta ang viaje nyo? sana naging memorable... panalo ba sa fiesta?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    your welcome mam, btw kumusta ang viaje nyo? sana naging memorable... panalo ba sa fiesta?
    Sir sayang nga po eh, hindi ko naabutan ang fiesta. We're leaving for Baguio March po eh. Not February.. Thanks for all your inputs. So try ko naman po this time na mag Naguilian, even though I keep hearing stories that it's crazy to use that route... I hope I'll be fine naman at hindi bigla biglang mahulog sa bangin or anything. Need to check in at Poro Point Thunderbird the same day din po kasi before 2PM so kaya kailangan maagang umalis. May question is, if we leave at 3AM from Pasay... Will we reach SCTEX Just in time before it opens at 5.30? O baka pag-antayin din pala kami matagal sa SCTEX entrance? Anyway way,God bless Sir! And thanks to everyone for all your inputs. Really appreciate them. Have a great weekend.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir sayang nga po eh, hindi ko naabutan ang fiesta. We're leaving for Baguio March po eh. Not February.. Thanks for all your inputs. So try ko naman po this time na mag Naguilian, even though I keep hearing stories that it's crazy to use that route... I hope I'll be fine naman at hindi bigla biglang mahulog sa bangin or anything. Need to check in at Poro Point Thunderbird the same day din po kasi before 2PM so kaya kailangan maagang umalis. May question is, if we leave at 3AM from Pasay... Will we reach SCTEX Just in time before it opens at 5.30? O baka pag-antayin din pala kami matagal sa SCTEX entrance? Anyway way,God bless Sir! And thanks to everyone for all your inputs. Really appreciate them. Have a great weekend.
    SCTEX is open 24/7.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sorry di ako agad nakapag reply. Anyway, sir G_A adequately answered your questions.

Naguilian road is just fine but if compared to Kennon or Marcos, the former is not that good. If you will use Marcos Highway to go to Thunderbird, the you will still have to pass through 3 more towns as compared to using Naguilian road. Naguilian is narrow. Since hindi mo naman gaano kabisado ang daan na yan, alalay ka na lang. There are so many big trucks traversing that road (going up, and going down) such that you will find it difficult to overtake them. Have a safe trip ahead.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast