New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The shortest route is the Mc-arthur highway but the road is much busy plus the construction.
    Unlike Romulo highway-Dagupan-Quezon highway is longer by around 30Km.

From Quezon highway, you can freely choose Aspiras or Kennon (if not raining) highway.

2PM is ideal from your origin, at around 5am you are about to climb to Baguio.

Happy trip & have a safe journey!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    suggestion ko lang is kung di ka pa masyado sanay magdrive then mas ok sa marcos highway. wider roads at hindi ganun ka steep compared sa kennon. drawback is mas mahaba siya sa kennon road. mahirap sa kennon magovertake since 2lane lang siya and madalas marami trak na may kargang bato.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thank you for all your thoughtful replies. What about going back to Manila coming from Baguio? What would be the best route and time? Have a safe holiday everyone!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're driving down during the day, you can take the "Magilas Trail" route which will make you avoid Urdaneta City then rejoin Mc Arthur Highway at Rosales/Villasis.

The longer back road is what i usually take during peak travel periods (daytime only): myManila » Magilas Trail

This is around 20kms longer although it has no traffic, has good roods but has no bathroom/rest areas either.

Enjoy your trip and, for me, the drive has always been part of the fun for us when we go up to Baguio (whether we're pushing it hard or doing a relaxed drive).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thank you, Sir Vinj. You've been very helpful. I am quite excited and looking forward to the fun part of DRIVING!! Merry Christmas to you and to the rest of the members here.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Sir, Just a follow-up question. How do we enter Magilas Trail from Baguio?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir if I may suggest, if you're not in a hurry on your way home, why not pass by Thunderbird in La Union, it's really good also. You can take Naguilian road from Baguio, then maybe 30 - 40 mins away lang Thunderbird non. Then on your way back dire-diretso nalang yon.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    that's another great suggestion, sir imogen. thunderbird... why didn't i think of that?! may bayad po ba entrance dun? but just to be sure, i'd still would like to know how to get to magilas trail coming from baguio.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thank you so much for these.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast