New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 168 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by master_chief711 View Post
    Kamusta na po ang Carens ninyo mga sirs? So far so good po ba? 2 years 9 months na yung Carens namin, and the only major problem I had was the turbo (and got it replaced through warranty). What can you say about the durability of Korean cars now? At par na po ba sa mga Japanese? Curious lang po ako sa opinions nyo.

ser master_chief711, ba't ano po nangyari sa Turbo, why it needed replacement?

well IMHO, i think the Korean cars are almost up there with the Japanese.... we know that they can make good engines now that produce good power. . .
    1)
    eto lang sa tingin ko mga short-comings... i think too many of us has experienced some steering wheel/shake vibration at high-speed and/or during high-speed braking.... unfortunately this doesn't seem to be an isolated case and kahit sa North america may ganito silang problema....

so i don't know how Kia/Hyundai could have missed this....

2) may konting lumalagutok i can feel thru the steering wheel even when slowly releasing the clutch....sounds weird? yes... also when one of either front wheels hits a speed bump...parang di Solid....

3) steering stalk turn/signal & head lights controls feeling really cheap.

so far these are my complaints of this car.....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by master_chief711 View Post
    Kamusta na po ang Carens ninyo mga sirs? So far so good po ba? 2 years 9 months na yung Carens namin, and the only major problem I had was the turbo (and got it replaced through warranty). What can you say about the durability of Korean cars now? At par na po ba sa mga Japanese? Curious lang po ako sa opinions nyo.

my carens (M/T) is already 3 years old, 25,000km in the odometer. So far no problem. Still with the pulling power that it use to have since release from the dealership. I am satisfied with it, I even bought her a big brother( sorento R). Hopefully both of them will perform and last for a long time.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Have anyone tried the new diesel formulation of petron or shell? Please share your experience. Is this economically reasonable?
    Thank you.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    ser master_chief711, ba't ano po nangyari sa Turbo, why it needed replacement?

well IMHO, i think the Korean cars are almost up there with the Japanese.... we know that they can make good engines now that produce good power. . .
    1)
    eto lang sa tingin ko mga short-comings... i think too many of us has experienced some steering wheel/shake vibration at high-speed and/or during high-speed braking.... unfortunately this doesn't seem to be an isolated case and kahit sa North america may ganito silang problema....

so i don't know how Kia/Hyundai could have missed this....

2) may konting lumalagutok i can feel thru the steering wheel even when slowly releasing the clutch....sounds weird? yes... also when one of either front wheels hits a speed bump...parang di Solid....

3) steering stalk turn/signal & head lights controls feeling really cheap.

so far these are my complaints of this car.....
    Regarding dun sa turbo namin, meron whistling sound during acceleration, akala ko nung una meron lang loose na hose, pina-check ko sa kia congressional may play na daw yung sa impeller ng turbo. Madami na akong narining na naging problema ng Carens regarding the VGT (yung mga taga casa pa ang nagkwento sakin!), all have been replaced. For my part, di ko rin sure kung kasalanan ko, after long drives kasi, pinapatay ko na agad yung engine, di ko na pinapa-cool down (as suggested in the car's manual), kaya after palitan yung turbo, I had a turbo timer installed.

OT: medyo may time ako magbasa basa dito sa tsikot and I went on and read this thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32584

Matagal ko na naririnig yung problems ng D4D ng toyota, di ko alam na hanggang ngayon ganun pa rin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bengmd View Post
    my carens (M/T) is already 3 years old, 25,000km in the odometer. So far no problem. Still with the pulling power that it use to have since release from the dealership. I am satisfied with it, I even bought her a big brother( sorento R). Hopefully both of them will perform and last for a long time.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Have anyone tried the new diesel formulation of petron or shell? Please share your experience. Is this economically reasonable?
    Thank you.
    I filled up with the Shell VPower Diesel last sunday (it costs 3 pesos more than their ordinary diesel), I'm not sure but it seems our carens is a lot more responsive. Well, dapat lang siguro mas responsive kasi mas mahal sya ng 3 pesos!

Ma'am, ano po yung Sorento nyo? 7 or 5 seater? Diesel po or gas?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ma'am, ano po yung Sorento nyo? 7 or 5 seater? Diesel po or gas?

Master Chief are you referring to me regarding the sorento, ma'am kasi nakalagay. Anyway just the same, my sorento is the 7 seater diesel variant. Satisfied din ako. Bago pa kasi, hopefully it will last long. Sa Congressional ka rin nagpapa-service ng carens mo? I always bring my carens there for PMS.

Are you still visiting the proboards kia carens club? Lately kasi tahimik na doon. Nagsawa na yata sa kaka set ng EB among forum members.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    my carens is almost 3 yrs old, 31t kms... so far, no major major problem. the shaking during braking at high speeds is still there.... my engine support might be broken already... had the egr cleaned already.... original battery is still going strong, power locks ok...madaming gasgas (accidental and intentional included), mabato na din ng mga bata (twice!)...
    all in all, almost same naman ang na-eencounter natin. as far as durability goes, sa ngayon, i can say it is at par with the japanese.
    I tried the v-power diesel, malakas ang hatak pero no improvement sa mileage... may not be worth the extra 2.50/liter.

is the engine support included sa warranty? thanks

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    my carens is almost 3 yrs old, 31t kms... so far, no major major problem. the shaking during braking at high speeds is still there.... my engine support might be broken already... had the egr cleaned already.... original battery is still going strong, power locks ok...madaming gasgas (accidental and intentional included), mabato na din ng mga bata (twice!)...
    all in all, almost same naman ang na-eencounter natin. as far as durability goes, sa ngayon, i can say it is at par with the japanese.
    I tried the v-power diesel, malakas ang hatak pero no improvement sa mileage... may not be worth the extra 2.50/liter.

sir re: the shaking during braking at high speeds problem ng carens have you tried to check the rotor disc? yung kasi culprit sa carens ko. i replace mine and the result was no more shaking during braking at high speeds.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post

Yup included sa warranty yun engine support. Sa akin ang main problem ko sa carens ko is yun kalampag. up until now hindi pa din magawa gawa ng casa yun kalampag ko sa harap naiinis na nga ako e. ilan beses ko na naibalik sa casa (E.rod) hindi pa din makuha. ang mileage ko e nasa 42k na ngayon nga lang mejo nakapagpahinga yun carens ko kasi meron na siyang kapatid na tucson. diesel pa din as usual. Yun lang ang diperensiya ng carens ko sa 2.5 years na pag gamit ko sa carens ko.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bengmd View Post
    Are you still visiting the proboards kia carens club? Lately kasi tahimik na doon. Nagsawa na yata sa kaka set ng EB among forum members.
    Matagal na din ako di naka log in sa proboard, di kasi ako maka access sa site, naka block kasi dito sa china eh.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    Yup included sa warranty yun engine support. Sa akin ang main problem ko sa carens ko is yun kalampag. up until now hindi pa din magawa gawa ng casa yun kalampag ko sa harap naiinis na nga ako e. ilan beses ko na naibalik sa casa (E.rod) hindi pa din makuha. ang mileage ko e nasa 42k na ngayon nga lang mejo nakapagpahinga yun carens ko kasi meron na siyang kapatid na tucson. diesel pa din as usual. Yun lang ang diperensiya ng carens ko sa 2.5 years na pag gamit ko sa carens ko.
    Na experience ko rin ito dati na parang me knocking sound pag napadaan sa uneven roads. Ang ginawa ko pinalagyan ko ng grasa yung bolts ng caliper at yun nawala ang kalampag!

Page 7 of 168 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
2007 Kia Carens [continued]