New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 168 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    to ser dgvsn1, cat12_mco,
    sorry wala po akong ganyang problema na experience sa Carens ko so far...
    update mo na lang kami ano maging solusyon....

to ser khelvin,
    yun pong fuel pump problem eh pareho ba sya to Toyota D4D?
    at Diesel din ba unit mo o Gas? first time ko narinig to for
    Carens....and its disconcerting to say the least...

to ser Hanren,
    i've had same problem going up Baguio last April,
    hhhhm, i don't think mine has anything to do with the clutch.
    i know they already replaced VGT Solenoid valve for free (even though
    unit is outside warranty)....it seems to have relieved it a little..
    sa tingin ko dahil sya sa mga barang carbon naaipon inside engine/egr/
    turbo/and exhaust system.... hula ko lang....
    kaya nga lagi nilang advice eh bombahin ng bombahin Go Pedal para matanggal sya....

to ser dodongo,
    ahh kayo nga po pala napalitan Turbo.....pero sayang kasi kabagobago pa ng unit nyo.
    yung unit kasi natin eh electronic throttle eh...so baka puede same as Toyota issue to na
    may friction sa loob ng pedal? or trapped floor mat?
    and wala din po akong same problem sa inyo....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    to ser dgvsn1, cat12_mco,
    sorry wala po akong ganyang problema na experience sa Carens ko so far...
    update mo na lang kami ano maging solusyon....

to ser khelvin,
    yun pong fuel pump problem eh pareho ba sya to Toyota D4D?
    at Diesel din ba unit mo o Gas? first time ko narinig to for
    Carens....and its disconcerting to say the least...

to ser Hanren,
    i've had same problem going up Baguio last April,
    hhhhm, i don't think mine has anything to do with the clutch.
    i know they already replaced VGT Solenoid valve for free (even though
    unit is outside warranty)....it seems to have relieved it a little..
    sa tingin ko dahil sya sa mga barang carbon naaipon inside engine/egr/
    turbo/and exhaust system.... hula ko lang....
    kaya nga lagi nilang advice eh bombahin ng bombahin Go Pedal para matanggal sya....

to ser dodongo,
    ahh kayo nga po pala napalitan Turbo.....pero sayang kasi kabagobago pa ng unit nyo.
    yung unit kasi natin eh electronic throttle eh...so baka puede same as Toyota issue to na
    may friction sa loob ng pedal? or trapped floor mat?
    and wala din po akong same problem sa inyo....
    Thanks sir ParakitoJDM .. i'll take your advise

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys. Just had my 5,000km check up at KIA Sto. Tomas Batangas. Was surprised to find out that the visit would cost me 9,700 (using fully synthetic oil) or around 6k if you choose to use the regular oil. If i remember the breakdown
    correctly there is a 2,500k labor charge, 480 pesos for the break cleaning etc. Would just like to ask if other service
    centers/casa also charge this much? Thanks for your help.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sir lsteruel

sa kia pasig na po talaga ako nag papacheck eh, 'di nila ma diagnose.
    next time na pumunta ako dun bring up ko yang AC compressor shaft

sir ParakitoJDM

i'll bring that up aswell on my next visit to kia pasig

BTW, parang bumabalik yung whistling/whining noise..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi guys!!! Im back!!! i cant log in dito sa tsikot for a very long time, dont know why, anyway, dami na pala akong na miss ah.

Anyway, my carens is already 4yrs old, bilis ng panahon, current problem of my carens is the lag during acceleration, according to my in-law, he brought it sa casa, sabi daw ay merong butas daw sa turbo, alam nyo ba kng mag kano ang turbo if ever they will replace it? bakit ba nabubutas ang turbo? these are the questions that i dont have an answer. Yung ginawa lng ng casa temporary ay they cleaned again the egr and they pump the accelerator para daw lumabas ang mga soots, ngayon daw ay medyo bumalik ang acceleration but the question is till when?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ser Vinrem, kung talagang may butas o nasira na turbo mo eh di mo na magagamit yan....
    if u follow normal cool down procedure it should match the life of the car....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    ser Vinrem, kung talagang may butas o nasira na turbo mo eh di mo na magagamit yan....
    if u follow normal cool down procedure it should match the life of the car....
    Sir parakitoJDM, i have a turbo timer installed in my carens, timed to turn of the engine at around 1minute. Kaya nagtataka ako kng bakit mabutas, and also i dont believe the casa na may butas ito, also, A/T yung tranny ko kaya malabo na ma over rev ang engine, tapos ang takbo ay city driving lang.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    just to share as i am surprised as how easy it is to check/replace the brake pads. if you want to DIY, napakadali lang po pala. 2 weeks ago i heard my brakes are squealing and thought that i need to replace it ASAP as i am on my 54k kms (unit is MT), i brought my unit to servitek to have it checked and replaced if needed, i watched the technician how to do it and it was very simple, before going there i searched on youtube on how to check/replace brake pads, may mga kailangan pa na c-clamp etc kaya dinala ko na lang sa servitek, yun pala hindi na kailangan

1. jack up
    2. remove the wheel
    3. remove one bolt in the brake system
    4. lift the cover
    5. remove/replace the pads

found out my pads are still thick, so nilinis lang ng sandpaper

btw, yung mga housing ng dome lights ko, lahat may crack or putol, i seldom park sa walang bubong, hindi ko alam pano nangyari, pati yung lalagyan ng sunglasses may crack

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sakit na ng carens ata yang cracked dome lights...

sa calipers ng carens removing 1 bolt is enough to clean the pads.. pag tanggal mo ng lower bolt lift up mo lang caliper at matatanggal mo na yung pads to clean it ... but if you will replace the pads, you need the c-clamp to reset the piston back to its zero position to fit the new and thick brake pads.. if you will not reset the pistons, there is no way you can fit that new set of pads...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ah ok, so what i have posted above should be specific for checking only, if it needs to be replaced then a c-clamp is required.

thanks sir yapoy86!

2007 Kia Carens [continued]