New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    We are free to say T-O-Y-O-T-A.... Unless Delusional ka at Honda fan boy... hahahahahaha
    Why should Honda even enter the equation? Honda chooses not to make its own diesels, because they can't apply their design philosophy to the current level of diesel technology. (In other words, diesels can't rev high... no joke... a Honda official actually did say this is one of the reasons they don't make diesels...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    From a very reliable source...

Hyundai will release the R-engine Santa Fe and Tucson as schedule but with a caveat. We are not getting the Euro 5 compliant R-engine that produces the advertised power ratings (200PS for the 2.2L engine), instead we are getting a tamed down version which will be short 7PS as advertised so the 2.2L here will be somewhere at 193PS... This is because of the poor quality of diesel we have here!

Good work by Hyundai. At least they make sure their diesels will work here first before even attempting to sell it unlike the # 1 car seller here... By the way even if the ones we get are toned down version rest assured its still much more powerful than comparable engines by rivals! GO CRDi, GO HYUNDAI!
    hate to nitpick pero...
    actually its not 7PS, just 4PS lang.... ang deficit nya kung ganun.
    (based on Hyundai UK specs) its 145kW and or 194BHP (197PS) sya....

and yung Comparison naman sa UK ng new updated SUV's...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...vs_rivals.html

ang conclusion ng 4car test ay
    1. Honda CRV
    2. Hyundai Santa Fe (with the R2.2)
    3. Toyota RAV4
    4. Puegeot 4007 (based on Mitsu)...

---------------------------------------
    kung ako (and 80% of all the other buyer's) can forgive Hyundai Santa Fe's Handling (due to its massive weight of 1.9Tons) kasi it has over whelming torque and power naman. hahaha.

so yung R2.0 kaya fm. 182PS minus X ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Why should Honda even enter the equation? Honda chooses not to make its own diesels, because they can't apply their design philosophy to the current level of diesel technology. (In other words, diesels can't rev high... no joke... a Honda official actually did say this is one of the reasons they don't make diesels...)

ser Niky sa Europe lang nila mina-market yung Common Rail turbo diesel nila.....

'http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/53382/honda_crv.html'

at nung 2004 they made the World Record (in Honda Accord body) of the fastest diesel production car in the world. (German track) 24hrs. i think they averaged something like 204kph.... the i-CTDI then was only rated at 138BHP (140PS) / 34Kg-m.... even though they released fm. 2008 the newer one called i-DTEC..... the power increase was only very minimal. but it did improve alot by reducing CO2 emissions even without UrEA injection....something no other manufacturer has attained.... but 2010 its Hyunda/Kia's year to shine and show their new found knowhow in Diesel Engine.... they have come up with the Rseries engine..... come on Hyundai / Kia ilabas nyo na....but don't forget to price it reasonably.... hahaha. naghahanap na ako ng kapalit sa Caren's CRDi 6M/T (nakakngalay na mag clutch)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Unfortunately for them a high revving gasoline engine can't even beat a low revving diesel in acceleration especially from stand still...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Oh well, another family of vehicles are about to make a big splash in the industry....

9202:toothbrush:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unfortunately for them a high revving gasoline engine can't even beat a low revving diesel in acceleration especially from stand still...
    A high-revving non-turbo gasoline engine versus a low-revving turbocharged diesel engine with the same displacement and power... yes. Because a naturally aspirated engine doesn't develop the same amount of torque.

But a high-revving turbocharged gasoline engine versus a turbocharged diesel? If you assemble the gasser to the same over-built specs as the diesel (con-rods and pistons of the same strength... same boost), it'll be much faster. There's a reason why the fastest supercars still use gasoline/bio-ethanol engines. Power-to-engine weight, they still can't be beaten.

200 bhp from a 2 liter turbodiesel is already fantastic... and it's probably possible to get up to 250 bhp before blowing something up. But for gasoline 2 liter turbos, 250 bhp is a piece of cake, 300 bhp still meets durability requirements, and you can even buy 400 bhp engines (EVO FQ400) with a (limited) factory warranty. Of course, built to extreme specs, 500-700 bhp 2 liter gassers are still streetable.

Don't get me wrong, I love turbodiesels... and I think Hyundai's mills, in particular, are fantastic... but they still have a long way to go before they match the best of the gasoline bunch. The one advantage they have is that you can buy most turbodiesels for just a little more money than non-turbo gasoline engines... the cheapest turbo gasoline engines (that are purpose-built for turbocharging, not simply light turbocharged like the Genesis) are at 1.7m or more.

-

Honda is starting on modern diesels now, but they're not bringing them in here yet... they've started late and are still working on the technology, though, so I don't expect anything from them for a while.

-

Again, I don't see what relation Honda has to this thread, since they don't sell diesels locally, and don't brag about it.
    Last edited by niky; February 10th, 2010 at 10:36 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    o eto pa-press release ng Honda para sa kanyang mga fanboys

180 PS i-DTEC Engine for Accord Sedan and Tourer

This new higher-power variant produces 180 PS at 4000 rpm, a 30 PS increase over the standard i-DTEC engine with the peak power coming at the same rpm. Torque has also increased 30 Nm to 380 Nm at 2000 rpm.

The new engine retains its 2.2 liter capacity and gains its additional power with a revised turbo-charger housing, enlarged intercooler, stronger con-rods and a revised cylinder head.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

thats not necessarily true...

the CRDi is faster on the Roll not from stand still.
    because below 1500RPM Hyunda/Kia CRDi's are quite weak...

well the facts speak for itself...

see Kia UK specs....
    http://www.kia.co.uk/~/media/Specifi...et-Carens.ashx

[0-62mph / 0-100kph]
    Kia Carens 2.0 Gas 4A/T : 11.9sec
    Kia Carens 2.0 Gas 5M/T : 11.0sec
    Kia Carens 2.0 CRDi 4A/T : 12.6sec
    Kia Carens 2.0 CRDi 6M/T : 11.0sec

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/_assets/...door/Civic.pdf
    Civic 1.8 Gas 5Door 5A/T : 11.0sec
    Civic 1.8 Gas 5Door 5M/T : 8.9sec
    Civic 2.2 i-DTEC 5Door 6M/T : 8.7sec
    Civic 2.0 Gas TypeR 6M/T : 6.6sec {see this car has 1/3 less of the torque of the i-DTEC but still much faster}

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/_assets/.../cr-v/CR-V.pdf
    CRV 2.0 Gas 5A/T : 12.2sec
    CRV 2.0 Gas 6M/T : 10.2sec
    CRV 2.2 i-DTEC 5A/T : 10.6sec
    CRV 2.2 i-DTEC 6M/T : 9.6sec

Diesel's main advantage is Torque, especially on a roll. & on up-hill.
    and best of all - fuel economy....

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    thats not necessarily true...

the CRDi is faster on the Roll not from stand still.
    because below 1500RPM Hyunda/Kia CRDi's are quite weak...

well the facts speak for itself...

see Kia UK specs....
    http://www.kia.co.uk/~/media/Specifications/Spec-Sheet-Carens.ashx

[0-62mph / 0-100kph]
    Kia Carens 2.0 Gas 4A/T : 11.9sec
    Kia Carens 2.0 Gas 5M/T : 11.0sec
    Kia Carens 2.0 CRDi 4A/T : 12.6sec
    Kia Carens 2.0 CRDi 6M/T : 11.0sec

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/_assets/...door/Civic.pdf
    Civic 1.8 Gas 5Door 5A/T : 11.0sec
    Civic 1.8 Gas 5Door 5M/T : 8.9sec
    Civic 2.2 i-DTEC 5Door 6M/T : 8.7sec
    Civic 2.0 Gas TypeR 6M/T : 6.6sec {see this car has 1/3 less of the torque of the i-DTEC but still much faster}

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/_assets/.../cr-v/CR-V.pdf
    CRV 2.0 Gas 5A/T : 12.2sec
    CRV 2.0 Gas 6M/T : 10.2sec
    CRV 2.2 i-DTEC 5A/T : 10.6sec
    CRV 2.2 i-DTEC 6M/T : 9.6sec

Diesel's main advantage is Torque, especially on a roll. & on up-hill.
    and best of all - fuel economy....
    shouldn't we counsider the weight of the vehicles in comparison?? i assume civics and CRV's are lighter than Carens...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sta Fe 2010 R-series 2.2L CRDI Specifications: series 4-cylinder, turbo diesel, the transverse displacement 2199 cm3 • performance • 145 kW (197 hp) at 3800/min • • Torque 422 Nm at 1800 rpm Curb weight / charge 1904/666 kg • wading depth of 500 mm • Acceleration 0-100 km / h 8.9 s • Top speed 194 km / h • test consumption (l/100 km) 7.6 Diesel •

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Hyundai R-Engine CRDI E-VGT 2.0 & 2.2L makes 200PS/436Nm