New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Am crossing my fingers too, but I am prepared for the worst knowing HARI's track record with pricing...
    There's this other engine hyundai's U2, a 2nd gen CRDi. Although 1.6L lang, Its a bit more powerful than the current 2.0 CRDi of Tucson.
    Sadly its designed to power the top of the line i20. Pwede pa sana to sa next gen na Tucson, if you look past the engine displacement. (Wishful thinking just to get it cheaper, hehe)

Link:
    Hyundai U2 1.6 CRDi
    http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Hyundai-U2-1.6-CRDi.html

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can get that kind of power out of a almost any 2007 and up CDRI Starex for under 50000P. And within 20hp shy of that on the older CDRI's.

198hp /321lbs TQ/434NM

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi y'all!

since were talking about torque,horse power and everything about hyundai's development.

I just want to know your thoughts on this 2 playing questions on my head..

(1) On a not too much technical wording from the gurus how do you think those korean engineers manage to have a breakthrough with such small engine displacements to produce that ridiculously high torque like we see now with the 1.5 2.0 and 2.2?

(2)What if Hyundai enters the pickup truck category?
    (Which I think wouldn't be far from today)

would you think that they are agressive enough to put the 3.0 v6 CRDI VGT on it just like the veracruz and take a leap ahead the current pickups that we have in the market today with regards to the number of cylinders?

or would you rather think that they would still settle for the 2.2 liter?

I've asked this because I was just really very curious regarding hyundai's engine development because no matter how I look at it I still can't believe how did the korean engineers tweaked those small displacement engines to evenly matched or better yet get over the higher displacement engines....plus the fact I drive a pickup truck and I would surely be intrested/delighted on how would that VGT eliminate the turbo lag and see a truck smoothly passing the 180kph mark wihout having any glithches.....

thanks!

LR7³

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think a piggyback chip that you can remove anytime whenever you go to the car dealership for service/warranty is still better than doing anything else like an alcohol setup with all those tanks, hoses and switches with the accompanying mounting holes. Extra 14hp or so is hardly a compelling reason to risk warranty.

As one Santa Fe owner experienced, he was crap of out luck when Hyundai declined claim for warranty when his CRDI VGT engine siezed (chip and alcohol modded). Accdg to a manager there, Hyundai engineers maintain that the alcohol destroyed the engine but we really wouldn't know why the heck it happened as old-school diesels seem to run fine with alcohol. Bottomline, one dead engine denied replacement — is a stark reality.

-----

loco, if i remember it right, I've read they've worked with the Gods of engineering, the Germans. Even the transmission of some of their flagship models are from ZF (another German company). The 2010 Sorento and SF are getting trannies developed with ZF (so it's Hyundai-ZF branded probably).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    hi y'all!

since were talking about torque,horse power and everything about hyundai's development.

I just want to know your thoughts on this 2 playing questions on my head..

(1) On a not too much technical wording from the gurus how do you think those korean engineers manage to have a breakthrough with such small engine displacements to produce that ridiculously high torque like we see now with the 1.5 2.0 and 2.2?
    BOSCH Germany ba naman ka partner nila eh. Bosch ang pioneer sa CRDI system. Yong sa TOYOTA and MITSU eh DENSO ang gamit. Saka don't be surprised sa advancement ng Koreans engineers, gawa Korea na ang #1 LCD TV ngayon at may bago na sila gawa ngayon na LEDTV ba yon??? which is just 2.5cm lang thickness.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ahh I see then...

so they have a consortium pala with the hitler mechanics...

I thought they already found the fountain of engineering greatness in their homeland like the japanese...

well anyway, kahit ano pa man din yun It is really doing a great job for the company and for the consumers as well...kudos to hyundai!

thanks!

how about the no.2 question? any takers?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    From a very reliable source...

Hyundai will release the R-engine Santa Fe and Tucson as schedule but with a caveat. We are not getting the Euro 5 compliant R-engine that produces the advertised power ratings (200PS for the 2.2L engine), instead we are getting a tamed down version which will be short 7PS as advertised so the 2.2L here will be somewhere at 193PS... This is because of the poor quality of diesel we have here!

Good work by Hyundai. At least they make sure their diesels will work here first before even attempting to sell it unlike the # 1 car seller here... By the way even if the ones we get are toned down version rest assured its still much more powerful than comparable engines by rivals! GO CRDi, GO HYUNDAI!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We are free to say T-O-Y-O-T-A.... Unless Delusional ka at Honda fan boy... hahahahahaha

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Okay lang kung binawasan nila ang HP ratings nya. Basta ilabas lang nila yung CRDI VGT R-Series engine sa Santa Fe at Tucson at sana reasonable ang price nya.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hahaha... well if they really do, ayos na ayos yan. :thumbup:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Hyundai R-Engine CRDI E-VGT 2.0 & 2.2L makes 200PS/436Nm