The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Try mong seaoil bro euro 5 na yata sila

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    I doubt it's the problem with the fuel that you use.
    My Starex is also the new ones, EURO V engine na.
    But i always fill up with Petron Diesel Max/Turbo Diesel
    Minsan sa Shell din.
    Good for you bro, may i ask how many kms ka na? Of course im not buying their idea na its diesel problem, but unfortunately it happened also sa isang customer nila sa tucson diesel euro 5 den, 3 times sya namatay in 3 months in first 5 k kms, the owner is demanding for a replacement unit or a sta fe upgrade, baka there are also members who adressed this glitch properly ,post it here pls.

Thanks!

BB

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    diesel in the phil is dirty and is designed for jeepney use because they are the majority who uses it

modern diesel engines require clean diesel fuel due to very high pressure

if u want clean diesel for your euro 5 CRDI, may i suggest the expensive diesel fuels sold at gas stations (the ones not used by diesel jeepneys)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Try mong seaoil bro euro 5 na yata sila
    Im on my first full tank of seaoil, i will update and let you all know what will happen, just observed ang color ng seaoil's diesel its more like a color of a cooking oil they call it bio exceed diesel, they even gave me a VIP card, nice rebate scheme. (.30 cents rebate for every 100 pesos, after reaching 500liters total youll be able to get 1 php rebate on ever 100 php thats cool!) and no im not a seaoil ad guy!, actually their diesel cost around 40.++ / lit, same price as the big 3, thats almost 2php over than metro oils 38.++ php/ liter

Thanks!

BB

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestTruth View Post
    diesel in the phil is dirty and is designed for jeepney use because they are the majority who uses it

modern diesel engines require clean diesel fuel due to very high pressure

if u want clean diesel for your euro 5 CRDI, may i suggest the expensive diesel fuels sold at gas stations (the ones not used by diesel jeepneys)
    As i have researched more, found out that d4d (toyota) has this problem also, the culprit is the ordinary "shells diesel", the answer "the shell velocity diesel" the difference is the "price" which is 3php/lit diff :-) , talked to an innova, and hilux user, same sequence it will shut down but will start again right away.

Thanks!

BB

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleB View Post
    good for you, may i ask how many kms ka na? Of course im not buying their idea na its diesel problem, but unfortunately it happened also sa isang customer nila sa tucson diesel euro 5 den, 3 times sya namatay in 3 months in first 5 k kms, the owner is demanding for a replacement unit or a sta fe upgrade, baka there are also members who adressed this glitch properly ,post it here pls thanks!
    7k++kms na.
    May 2012 din acquired, KDM unit na Starex.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    naalala ko tuloy iyong isang tsikoteer dati na halos pareho ang issue niya sa ford focus tdci niya. he also voiced the same concerns as the ts

i wonder how that complaint of his prospered against the guys of ford phil

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    imho even if you use euro 4/5 diesel or those expensive ones if the container tanks of the gas station you fuel in is contaminated with water or foreign objects, then there will still be problems...

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Same problem here with my mitsubishi strada glx m/t bought in 2009. Engine suddenly shuts down while cruising at about 40kmph. Restarted thought after a while. Intermittently, engine hesitates or felt like choking when you step on the gas pedal. Brought it to casa, no problem seen. Observe lang daw.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Afaik, seaoil is euro 3. The only gas station that offer euro 4 that i know of is eastern petroleum. They have separate pumps for ordinary diesel and euro 4. I just don't know if unioil's diesel is really euro 4 standard as they claim.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2012 Hyundai STAREX - engine shutdown