New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Wala bang problem kapag nag mix ang below 1/4 na Petron Turbo diesel pati yung EURO IV na Unioil diesel? I plan na magpa full tank na sa Unioil eh, sayang yung tira na diesel. Medyo malayo pa naman Unioil sa amin.
    I don't think it would be an issue, the engine will still burn it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Okay lang iyan, bro....

Please get back with us on your assessment of UniOil's diesel fuel...

17.6K:santa:
    I Tried UniOil's Euro IV diesel kanina sir. EURO V engine din pala GS ko.

So kanina nagpa full tank ako, good thing naka manual dahil sira ang automatic ng pump. So bantay ako while the gasoline boy is filling up my tank. Ayun nagbigay siya ng flyer about sa bagong diesel product nila. Euro IV na daw yung stock nila. Nung nag full tank iba color ng diesel. CLear ang color niya.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is related. The Gen 3 CRDi that we used to have which we sold to a family friend is having problems. According to my friend, when he drove it from Pangasinan to Manila last night, anytime he'd hit 90 kph, the engine would shut down. Luckily, it has a turbo timer, so that gives him time to decelerate and stop at the side of the road, as well as allow the oil to cool. The check engine light turns on, too.

Any ideas? He keeps telling me it's the battery, but I'm guessing it's not.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update:

The Motolite Gold (70 amp) battery was replaced with an AC Delco (98 amp) battery after I had posted. The former was still ok, but then it seemed to have lacked the punch for the Gen 3 CRDi. My friend will head home to Las Pinas and check if the problem still persists. I recommended a fuel filter change as well.

Any inputs would still be very much appreciated.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleB View Post
    May 2012 bro. Euro 5 engine. Now almost 9K kms , sea oil diesel. They are claiming its diesel problem dito sa pilipinas not match sa euro 5 engine, any thoughts?
    Actually dilema yan ng lahat ng bagong diesel engines natin dito. I remember when the first time lumabas fortuner ganto din nangyari. biglang namamatay yung engine kasi masyadong madumi diesel natin dito sa pinas. they had to change fuel filters to cope with the dirty diesel being sold sa market natin

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by njgarin View Post
    Actually dilema yan ng lahat ng bagong diesel engines natin dito. I remember when the first time lumabas fortuner ganto din nangyari. biglang namamatay yung engine kasi masyadong madumi diesel natin dito sa pinas. they had to change fuel filters to cope with the dirty diesel being sold sa market natin
    Turned out that about half of the fuel filter was water. Tsk tsk! Having the fuel filter replaced at this point. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The fuel filter replacement did the trick. No more sudden shutdowns and Check Engine Light.

What would the recommended fuel filter replacement interval be?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    The fuel filter replacement did the trick. No more sudden shutdowns and Check Engine Light.

That i do not know. ill ask service. pero may info yan sa manual tuwing kelan ang scheduled palit ng consumables. may mga scheduled dates or kilometers kasi ang ideal replacement period ng mga consumables. Supposedly matagal dapat ang palit ng fuel filter if malinis yung diesel. As a suggestion para tumagal yung fuel filter always fill up again pag 1/4 nalang yung diesel. oil is lighter than water kaya usually kung nahaluan ng tubig yung diesel nasa ilalim sya lagi. iwas na rin sa iba pang impurities ng diesel na usually sa ilalim din ng tank naiipon. it is also good to have ur tank cleaned kapag may tubig nang nasipsip yung fuel filter kasi may naipon nang tubig sa fuel tank nyan. Another good suggestion is to fuel up sa mga lugar na hindi prone sa flooding. flood prone areas kasi nakakalusot pababa papuntang tanke ng gas station ang tubig due to osmosis.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Update:

The Motolite Gold (70 amp) battery was replaced with an AC Delco (98 amp) battery after I had posted. The former was still ok, but then it seemed to have lacked the punch for the Gen 3 CRDi. My friend will head home to Las Pinas and check if the problem still persists. I recommended a fuel filter change as well.

Any inputs would still be very much appreciated.
    Turned out that about half of the fuel filter was water. Tsk tsk! Having the fuel filter replaced at this point. Thanks.

AFAIK, the battery is only needed by the engine on cranking/start up. Once the engine is running, the alternator power takes over all electrical needs of the vehicle.
    Last edited by Automahn; December 22nd, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    AFAIK, the battery is only needed by the engine on cranking/start up. Once the engine is running, the alternator power takes over all electrical needs of the vehicle.
    Thanks. That's what i'd been telling my friend. Ayaw maniwala, di bale his money. He eventually got proven wrong coz despite the new battery same problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2012 Hyundai STAREX - engine shutdown