New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    This happened while gliding only around 10kph, suddenly engine went off, But when I restart the engine is ok up to now , brought it to pitstop and what they only did was checked something on the exhaust area and all clear sa diagnostic box. Its May 2012 acquired and only 8,500 kms, i was told that I should fill only on Seaoil stations since others including shell caltex and petron diesels are not compatible to euro 5 engine. Before that happened I always fill up either flying v, metroil and phoenix diesel. In fairness to pitstop they charged me nothing but they are not giving me concrete solutions on my problem observe na lang daw, many experienced na daw according to them but after the test di na bumalik. My concern is what if it stopped on highways or downhill, it will start again but due to loss of power of course brakes and steering will be off also.

Any inputs or solutions? Thanks in advance!

BB

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Anong 2012 model ng hyundai ang sayo?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Anong 2012 model ng hyundai ang sayo?
    May 2012 bro. Euro 5 engine. Now almost 9K kms , sea oil diesel. They are claiming its diesel problem dito sa pilipinas not match sa euro 5 engine, any thoughts?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    what particular hyundai vehicle?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleB View Post
    May 2012 bro. Euro 5 engine. Now almost 9K kms , sea oil diesel. They are claiming its diesel problem dito sa pilipinas not match sa euro 5 engine, any thoughts?
    If you have a EURO5 diesel vehicle, use EURO5 diesel. Doing otherwise is like using plain water in a high pressure coolant system. Sure it will work, but it won't be trouble-free.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    pano mo napatakbo yung 2012 engine?

i like this thread!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    what particular hyundai vehicle?
    Im sorry, its Starex. thanks, sorry admins and mods cant seem to edit the subject of my original message, my bad.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you have a EURO5 diesel vehicle, use EURO5 diesel. Doing otherwise is like using plain water in a high pressure coolant system. Sure it will work, but it won't be trouble-free.
    Hi any recommended or self tested euro 5 diesel? Is sea oil diesel is euro 5 compliant? Gasoline boys cant seem to give me answer to my queries, by the time it went off I think I just filled it with either Phoenix or metro oil diesel, thanks!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    pano mo napatakbo yung 2012 engine?

i like this thread!
    Haha sorry man its a starex, cannot edit my orig post, mods pls help me! Thanks!

its original subj : "2012 Hyundai starex engine shutdown"

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I doubt it's the problem with the fuel that you use.
    My Starex is also the new ones, EURO V engine na.
    But i always fill up with Petron Diesel Max/Turbo Diesel
    Minsan sa Shell din.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
2012 Hyundai STAREX - engine shutdown