New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    Afaik, seaoil is euro 3. The only gas station that offer euro 4 that i know of is eastern petroleum. They have separate pumps for ordinary diesel and euro 4. I just don't know if unioil's diesel is really euro 4 standard as they claim.
    Thanks for the inputs. Pitstop never mentioned eastern, they adviced me only to fill up on either, petron , yes unioil and fil oil. Need to find some easter petrol station to check if their diesel is euro 4 compliant also. After my tank from sea oil might try Unioil, since Ive seen a branch in Mindanao ave. At least I have options now in case i need to fill up right away. Do you know any eastern petrol station near my place? I live in valenzuela. Thanks man!

Regards,

BB

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleB View Post
    Thanks for the inputs. Pitstop never mentioned eastern, they adviced me only to fill up on either, petron , yes unioil and fil oil. Need to find some easter petrol station to check if their diesel is euro 4 compliant also. After my tank from sea oil might try Unioil, since Ive seen a branch in Mindanao ave. At least I have options now in case i need to fill up right away. Do you know any eastern petrol station near my place? I live in valenzuela. Thanks man!

Regards,

BB
    Sorry, the only stations that i know of is pedro gil in manila, and the one in subic hehehe. But according to their website they have one in caloocan. Kaso malayo pa rin yata sa yo...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    Sorry, the only stations that i know of is pedro gil in manila, and the one in subic hehehe. But according to their website they have one in caloocan. Kaso malayo pa rin yata sa yo...
    Thanks!

Tried Unioils EURO DIESEL IV, so far so good. Hope this solves my problem, the color is greenish , price is 40.60 php/lit, filled up from Mindanao station, saw a branch also in Quezon ave near Elars. Any other unioil branches in QC or Manila in particular? Thanks!

FROM UNIOULS SITE:

EURODiesel IV Factsheet

EuroDiesel IV is the latest product diesel offering from Unioil that meets Euro IV standard levels. Considered as the CLEANEST and MOST ADVANCED DIESEL in the PHILIPPINES, EuroDiesel IV guarantees a maximum sulfur content of 50 ppm (parts per million) compared to other Euro II compliant diesels with a sulfur content of 500 ppm. It has a higher cetane number compared to the regular diesels.

Unioil's EuroDiesel IV uses a base fuel that is Euro IV compliant. This diesel fuel is more advanced compared to the usual Euro II and Euro III level diesels. EuroDiesel IV is made available in all Unioil retail stations more than 3 years before the 2016 mandate of the Department of Energy and Natural Resources (DENR).

CLEANER EMISSIONS
    EuroDiesel IV has up to 90% lower sulfur content compared to the usual diesel (Euro II or III) available in the market. This translates to a reduction in the emissions of sulfur oxides and sulfate particulate matter. In a study together with the DENR, smoke opacity reductions of up to 83% and 74% were observed for new and old model vehicles, respectively, with the use of EuroDiesel IV compared to that of a leading brand's diesel.

BETTER FUEL EFFICIENCY
    EuroDiesel IV has a higher cetane number compared to the usual diesel available in the Philippines. Diesel with a higher cetane number burns faster and has a better ignition quality, giving better fuel efficiency.

FASTER COLD-START PERFORMANCE
    EuroDiesel IV can also provide a faster cold-start performance because of its higher cetane number. It readily burns in a cold engine. Its ignition delay is shorter compared to the usual diesel even in the low pressure and low temperature conditions of a long-idled engine. This in turn translates to easier start, smoother operations, less white smoke, and lower noise.

QUIETER ENGINE
    EuroDiesel IV ignites before most of the fuel is injected into the combustion chamber. This gives better controlled rates of heat release and pressure increase within the combustion chamber than lower cetane number diesel. This translates to a reduced knock intensity and smoother, quieter engine operations. In an independent study published in 2012, increase of cetane number gave up to 12.5% reduction in noise.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    There is a unioil branch near my place.. Kaso hassle ang route nya.. Mas matraffic ako. Good think magkaroon na ng unioil along SLEX in Bangkal area..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi po... new here... change topic lang po sana mga starex owners. I am planning to buy a new starex. Hingi lang po sana advice which is better bumili sa casa or grey market kasi mas mura daw po. I own a santa fe 2012 and very satisfied with engine for 13 months now. Will be replacing my fortuner with a van this time. Tnx po...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity1212 View Post
    Hi po... new here... change topic lang po sana mga starex owners. I am planning to buy a new starex. Hingi lang po sana advice which is better bumili sa casa or grey market kasi mas mura daw po. I own a santa fe 2012 and very satisfied with engine for 13 months now. Will be replacing my fortuner with a van this time. Tnx po...
    Definitely gray market kung Grand Starex ang paguusapan, actually its not kung mas mura sa gray market o sa casa. The gray market units simply offer more value for the money. For example, the gray market entry level CVX is still much better equipped the local top of the line Gold model.

Our family has 2 Grand Starexes and both were bought from the gray market, actually a third Grand Starex might come along next year as we are currently pondering whether or not to sell our aging 2005 Starex TCI A/T as it has already logged more than 90,000km on it.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; December 5th, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Wala bang problem kapag nag mix ang below 1/4 na Petron Turbo diesel pati yung EURO IV na Unioil diesel? I plan na magpa full tank na sa Unioil eh, sayang yung tira na diesel. Medyo malayo pa naman Unioil sa amin.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Okay lang iyan, bro....

Please get back with us on your assessment of UniOil's diesel fuel...

17.6K:santa:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Okay lang iyan, bro....

Please get back with us on your assessment of UniOil's diesel fuel...

17.6K:santa:
    Sige bro, medyo malayo lang UniOil sa akin. Nasa Sucat pa, I live in Bicutan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Sige bro, medyo malayo lang UniOil sa akin. Nasa Sucat pa, I live in Bicutan.
    So far Unioil is the only clean diesel I tested it is clear if you notice the fuel. Try checking when filling up. Seaoil is not EuroIV, apparently they carry them when in stock so mostly they would sell Euro2. Pheonix is also Euro2, but I feel it is better pulling than the big three companies, She'll, Petron and Caltex.

So far with Unioil I have not experienced any DPF regeneration meaning that it does not collect soot like the Euro2 diesel fuel. I have been using Unioil Diesel for about two months now without a problem.

Our ride is the new Santa Fe with Euro V Diesel engine, we also got it from Pitstop. I shared info with our SA CarLRose of Pitstop that Unioil's diesel is most clean burning. Let us just hope that all stations sell EuroIV by next year.

I also inquired from Eastern, but they can't give me a straight answer that they do carry EuroIV. Some of the attendants are unaware or simply say yes for the heck of it. Their customer service did not answer my question back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2012 Hyundai STAREX - engine shutdown