New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by imrain View Post
    ka-badtrip naman.. pati plate cover di nila pinalampas.. and why are they restricting the car owners if they want to modify the aesthetics of their cars? eh we bought it naman with our hard earned money.. i would understand kung ang ipagbabawal is yung mga hazardous talaga.. tsk..
    pwede pa rin naman gawing maporma kotse mo kahit na walang plate cover/accessories. hindi madadala ng plate cover kung pangit ang sasakyan mo.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    LTO clarifies ban on plate covers, holders and related accessories
    posted July 02, 2014 13:47

Well now it's as clear as day.
    The Land Transportation Office in a report by ABS-CBN clarified the ban on any kind of accessories attached in any way to the license plates of vehicles.

Referring back to Joint Administrative Order No. 2014-01 by the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) which oversees the Land Transportation Office, Section II-e makes it clear that plate-related accessories are banned.

The blanket nature of the wording of Section II-e appears to cover anything that is attached to the license plate that was not authorized by the LTO, meaning third party accessories. This includes plate holders of any kind, plate covers or any other kind of accessory that “impedes in any way the visibility or reflectivity of the authorized motor vehicle license plate and/or the third plate sticker”.

The LTO also clarified that even clear plastic or glass plate covers are banned, along with any device like tilting plate holders or even brackets that in any way cover a part of the plate itself.

The fine for any violation of JAO 2014-01 Sec. II-e calls for a fine of PhP 5,000 and confiscation of said accessories on the spot.

Read more: LTO clarifies ban on plate covers, holders and related accessories - Auto News by AutoIndustriya.com
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
    Follow us: *autoindustriya on Twitter | AutoIndustriya on Facebook
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 2nd, 2014 at 04:50 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    May nakita akong white montero with white plates na naka plate cover.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums🙈🙉🙊💀💩

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for as long as the holder does "not in any way impedes the view and reflectivity", so yung rectangular edge/frame without glass/plastic shouldnt be a problem.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    So ok lang yung clear. Patay lang yung mga naka frosted na protector.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums🙈🙉🙊💀💩

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What is wrong with following the law???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Read more: LTO clarifies ban on plate covers, holders and related accessories - Auto News by AutoIndustriya.com
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
    Follow us: *autoindustriya on Twitter | AutoIndustriya on Facebook
    Friday pa pala start ng apprehension.

"We have been advised by a reliable source within the LTO that the agency will be conducting apprehension operations Friday and Saturday this week. We are recommending motorists to discontinue use of their plate acessories to avoid apprehension."

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ang mahirap sa pinoy, we are all born lawyers. we give our own interpretation of the law kahit na malinaw pa sa sikat ng araw yung batas

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^
    ako hindi ko rin alam na bawal ang clear plate cover :D
    well mag baklas na ako mamya
    kailangan sumunod para walang problema

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I dont think its ok. the clear cover will impede somehow the reflectivity of the plates.

Quote Originally Posted by funkeemunkee View Post
    So ok lang yung clear. Patay lang yung mga naka frosted na protector.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums����������

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast