New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Threaded View

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'd like to share my latest misadventures while i'm behind the wheels. i guess more of a venting my rage.

last night, i'm on my way home up north, i took the NLEX (as i usually do), merged to the inner lane. while i'm at it, there is this delivery truck, closed van slowly traversing the inner most lane. so as i ran along side i noticed he was trying to get ahead of me. no signals whatsoever. although i subconciously thought, he would do that otherwise, i tried to dismiss the though. the truck is on my left, on my right is an equally slow bus and on my front an AUV. so to move forward, this truck abruptly swerved to right barely missing my wing mirrors. the car behind me was honking because he was also barely missed by the tail.

i sped up, obviously pissed having to go with all the trouble. when i'm in a safe distance ahead, i glance at the mirror and saw that the truck continued to swerve right, but then abrupt swerved back to the left- perhaps realized that he'd missed hitting me. to get even, i brought my windows down, gave the finger and sped off.

Earlier on EDSA, a black Mitsubishi Adventure was leisurly cruising (about 40 kph) in the innermost lane, but not quite because he taking two lanes at a time. i beamed for two times, but to no avail. so i decided to take some action. so took the lane to the right, then sped alongside then tried to gently took the leftmost lane. the driver, was obviously suprised, because, there's a jerking movement to left after i passed him. but i guess, i pissed him because he tried to retaliate by having his beams switched to high. in your dreams kiddo, you're still way too slow.

still, i don't see why there so much stupid drivers out on the streets. my take is take if you happened to drive insanely fast and reckless its understandable- for you seek accident waiting to happen. but when you are going for a leisurely cruise, that is fine. just don't do it on the lanes that you could block the traffic (read, "keep right! dumb").

just a thought.
    Last edited by ian_rex; November 20th, 2005 at 09:13 AM.

Foolish drivers. Ano bang problema nyo?!