New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'd like to share my latest misadventures while i'm behind the wheels. i guess more of a venting my rage.

last night, i'm on my way home up north, i took the NLEX (as i usually do), merged to the inner lane. while i'm at it, there is this delivery truck, closed van slowly traversing the inner most lane. so as i ran along side i noticed he was trying to get ahead of me. no signals whatsoever. although i subconciously thought, he would do that otherwise, i tried to dismiss the though. the truck is on my left, on my right is an equally slow bus and on my front an AUV. so to move forward, this truck abruptly swerved to right barely missing my wing mirrors. the car behind me was honking because he was also barely missed by the tail.

i sped up, obviously pissed having to go with all the trouble. when i'm in a safe distance ahead, i glance at the mirror and saw that the truck continued to swerve right, but then abrupt swerved back to the left- perhaps realized that he'd missed hitting me. to get even, i brought my windows down, gave the finger and sped off.

Earlier on EDSA, a black Mitsubishi Adventure was leisurly cruising (about 40 kph) in the innermost lane, but not quite because he taking two lanes at a time. i beamed for two times, but to no avail. so i decided to take some action. so took the lane to the right, then sped alongside then tried to gently took the leftmost lane. the driver, was obviously suprised, because, there's a jerking movement to left after i passed him. but i guess, i pissed him because he tried to retaliate by having his beams switched to high. in your dreams kiddo, you're still way too slow.

still, i don't see why there so much stupid drivers out on the streets. my take is take if you happened to drive insanely fast and reckless its understandable- for you seek accident waiting to happen. but when you are going for a leisurely cruise, that is fine. just don't do it on the lanes that you could block the traffic (read, "keep right! dumb").

just a thought.
    Last edited by ian_rex; November 20th, 2005 at 09:13 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    truck? inner most lane?

ang daming feeling na mabilis sa NLEX kasi. hehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i hate slow drivers who take two lanes at the same time... ugh. But I cannot do anything about it but to just grin and try to overtake them. I cannot...a)flash my light because my car is small and they would just ignore it (this happens everytime); b)honk at them (i don't have horns...ugh..time to buy one) and c)give them the finger because my windows are locked thus i cannot roll it down. ~geezzz~

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we can only rant as endlessly as they are gonna stay stupid.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    to get even, i brought my windows down, gave the finger and sped off.
    That's what I call the perfect hit-and-run. Hahaha. That's my boy!

stupid drivers are a part of our culture so to speak, too many of them on the road to be honest. So am not surprised with this story. Driving in the Philippines, especially in Metro Manila is an adventure in itself. If you react to every moron driver that comes along your way you'd get high blood at a very early age.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, there's a lot of stupid drivers out on the road today, the least that LTO could do is not to issue those freakin' stupid drivers a license...

and for us, not to drive like them ;D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    stupid drivers are a part of our culture so to speak, too many of them on the road to be honest. So am not surprised with this story. Driving in the Philippines, especially in Metro Manila is an adventure in itself. If you react to every moron driver that comes along your way you'd get high blood at a very early age.

yep. agree to that. but then, once in a while lang naman would be healthy. when i gave the finger and sped off, wala na yun, ok na at least nailabas ko yung initial rage. nasa sa kanya na yun kung hahabol siya at kung aabutan nya ako...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Madali lang kasing makakuha ng lisensya sa LTO ngayon. Kaya i-expect mo na kung anong quality ng mga drivers dito.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa dami ng ganyan sa kalsada madalasa hinahayaan ko na lang. o kaya kung may pagkakataon lumalayo ako sa mga ganyang driver.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Foolish drivers. Ano bang problema nyo?!