New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    mga sirs, talagang ganun. kasi asphalt e. saka alam mo naman ang panahon sa pilipinas lalo pag tag-ulan. kalaban talaga ng asphalt ang tubig. at least ginagawa naman nila, asap.
    not all asphalts are like that. if you have passed through macarthur highway in capas, tarlac going to baguio, that portion of the road from capas town proper to the boundary of tarlac city is asphalt. the road is more than 20 yrs already and just recently lang nagkakaroon ng mga cracks, but no pot holes. that road, i was told, was constructed by the japanese daw.
    Signature

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Also, the some parts, which were the durable ones, of old NLT were built "daw" by Army Engineers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malamang mayroong kumikita na naman dyan sa mga repairs na yan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The US Navy SeaBees... the best...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zero
    malamang mayroong kumikita na naman dyan sa mga repairs na yan.
    eto na naman tayo, stereotyping. NLEX is now under MNTC. walang silang kikitain kung puro repair lang ang gagawin nila jan.

Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    not all asphalts are like that. if you have passed through macarthur highway in capas, tarlac going to baguio, that portion of the road from capas town proper to the boundary of tarlac city is asphalt. the road is more than 20 yrs already and just recently lang nagkakaroon ng mga cracks, but no pot holes. that road, i was told, was constructed by the japanese daw.
    is the said road subjected also to the same load conditions experienced by the NLEX?

how many potholes do you see per kilometer of NLEX? for my daily 20km drive through NLEX - I can only recall only 1 pothole & 1 uneven surface along the entire stretch.

another thing - do they charge you an additional fee when they repair potholes? IMO - we should take this positively that at least they are doing repairs ASAP.

asphalts needs a lot of maintenance work. only a small crack / pothole and water will start to destroy / weaken it from beneath.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The entire stretch of McArthur hiway was re-constructed by Japanese engineers during the mid-70s. The mixture of the asphat they used was so durable that it took nearly 20 years before any major repairs were done. I still have memories of the Japanese re-constructing the road. AFAIK, the entire McArthur stretch jused to be concrete and was constructed under the supervision of US SeeBees. Over the years, I'd say that McArthur Hiway has been subjected to more load conditions that the NLEX because McArthur hiway is the older.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Well, it all boils down to the materials used. Another proof of McArthur Hiway's durability(some part) is the absence of a canal system.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi

I know what you mean by that... It's the same type of asphalt used on the old, undamaged portions of Kennon Road before. Matibay.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    basta ba nire-repair nila kaagad eh ok lang yun.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gone na kasi ang time, na ang civil engineer ang may final say sa infra project... now we have financial engineers who lords it over.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
NLEX, just 6 months and lots of repairs