New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    is the said road subjected also to the same load conditions experienced by the NLEX?
    i may say that the portion of macarthur highway i mentioned was subjected to more road torture than the NLEX. first, it is much older than the rehabilitated NLEX (nicolodeon mentioned it was reconstructed in the mid-70s, so it must be at least 30 yrs old already), and dinadaan pa ito ng mga overloaded sugarcane trucks, sand and gravel dump trucks, etc.

how many potholes do you see per kilometer of NLEX? for my daily 20km drive through NLEX - I can only recall only 1 pothole & 1 uneven surface along the entire stretch.
    that's just the 20kms you see. how about the other 60kms of it? i traverse the NLEX around twice a week, and every time, the repair work is at different portions. there were times that entire portions of a lane e binakbak, example is the long bridge (candaba viaduct ba tawag dun?). then, just yesterday, there was a sign/notice posted along the way (forgot the exact location) na parang isasara pa yata buong north bound portion at i-memerge sa southbound lane yung traffic.

another thing - do they charge you an additional fee when they repair potholes? IMO - we should take this positively that at least they are doing repairs ASAP.
    yes they are not charging us for the repairs, but with the billions spent in the rehabilitation, i'm expecting that NLEX will be pothole free for 10 yrs, 5 at the least. with so much repairs done this early, don't you think it will dwindle their resources unexpectedly and they'll be asking for a toll increase sooner? if this will be the case, then it's just like we will be paying for the repairs.

and with such a big project, parang kulang ang study na ginawa nila. yung northbound portion between balintawak and valenzuela, hindi ba nila alam na bumabaha dyan dati pa? e nung tapos na i-pave yung road, binakbak ulit para lagyan ng drainage. another one is the roads under the overpasses in pampanga area. they paved the road without measuring the height of the lowest part of the overpass. ayun, meron sumalpok na trailer. bakbak ulit sa lahat ng portions that are under overpasses.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga, bakit ganyan...

agree with boybi, hindi naman problema yung nirerepair, pero ang tanong (innocent question) why the need for repairs so early in the first place?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    logical answer, substandard raw materials..who knows

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    whew, boybi for president!!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello garci....yung dagdag, yung dagdag :bwahaha:
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    nagmahal na nga tapos ganyan pa rin.

kumonti na nga lang ang dumadaan dahil nagmahal e, lalo sigurong sira kung yung dating volume ang dumadaan. karamihan sa macarthur na eh.

kaya akala nung iba eh bumilis talaga ang biyahe...
    ang improvement lang naman talaga sa tingin ko - ay yung sa balintawak... minsan nga ay nag-bottleneck pa din dun.. tsk.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    constant user of NLEX here. Everytime i use the expressway either NLEX or SLEX i always take the fast lane. in NLEX, i find myself zipping in and out from the passing lane to the slow lane because there are ongoing repairs or whatever that is and they have to block the road with pylons. from balintawak to san fernando, i think i see no less than 6 of these road repairs.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    OT: Would the road have less chances of developing potholes if the trucks or vehicles travelling on it have a faster speed limit/minimum speed? Do trucks and buses have a special lane also? I would assume if they had a special lane with higher quality asphalt the road would probably last longer.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Almost every trip ko to Pangasinan eh may inaayos lagi sa NLEX.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    From what I heard, kaya di sila nagtataas ng toll kahit sunod-sunod ang pagrepair sa NLEX kasi its still under warranty from the Leighton Co at yun ang sinasamantala ng MNTC. Kaso, pano pag nag-expire na yung warranty?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
NLEX, just 6 months and lots of repairs