New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Maybe she looks at the guy's wallet first before looking at his heart. We guys know and feel that too.
    well as i observe girls nowadays are more wiser compared before. what i mean is they use their head before their heart.

survival sabi nga nila di ba.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    It seems like society is now more accepting of single moms. E howcome my friend who had a child out of wedlock keeps on complaining that no single man will take interest in her? hehe.
    depende kasi ms. cathy sa pinapakita ng babae. if the girl exudes this aura na she is the type of girl na pang 'serious' commitment, kahit may anak pa sya, she will still find a single guy who would love her.

for instance yung friend ko, he is with someone na may 2 ng kids. When I personally met his girl, I must say, she just simply shows na eventhough may 2 na syang anak out of wedlock, that doesn't mean easy girl na sya.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I do worry about money and as far as I know my friend has way more than I do. I guess we simply differ in values. It's surprising how people could change once money gets involved.

It seems like society is now more accepting of single moms. E howcome my friend who had a child out of wedlock keeps on complaining that no single man will take interest in her? hehe.
    If she already has a lot of money and she wants more, it could be that her social circle (or her peers) are very rich people. She's trying to keep up with them.

The higher up the social environment one moves in, the more intense the desire for more money.

-----------------------------------------------

Your single-mom friend is in the market for a bachelor.

But the market has a lot of single ladies with no kids.

Who will the bachelors choose?

Unless every girl out there is a single mom, your single-mom friend won't be a bachelor's first choice.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i totally agree with you sir uls. maybe she is pressured to keep up with her friends kaya ganun na lang ang desire nya to marry someone if ever na maging widow sya who can provide for her and her kids.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Same with me bro.

In our country/society, a marriage is a union of 2 clans. So, even if you're willing and ready,- your family may not be..... This is just me.

That is why I am sincerely happy for you bro. redorange...

5808:bee:
    Thanks CVT.

Guess am just lucky to have family that didn't descriminate against my wife because of her situation. But even if they did it wouldn't have prevented me from marrying my wife. If you want to get married you should be prepared to support your new family without help from relatives or others. As far as what society and others have to say, when they have to support my family they can have an opinion on the matter otherwise they can STFU.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
    i totally agree with you sir uls. maybe she is pressured to keep up with her friends kaya ganun na lang ang desire nya to marry someone if ever na maging widow sya who can provide for her and her kids.

My married friend is not the bilmoko type but maybe she doesn't want her lifestyle to change or she does not want to work if she loses her husband. Very Interesting. I have a pretty Tita that lost her husband. Ended up selling their house and country club shares in an exclusive village in the south. Now they live modestly relative to their old lifestyle. Come to think of it she is very marketable (pretty, mahinhin and well educated) but chose a modest lifestyle over remarrying.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    for instance yung friend ko, he is with someone na may 2 ng kids. When I personally met his girl, I must say, she just simply shows na eventhough may 2 na syang anak out of wedlock, that doesn't mean easy girl na sya.
    2 children from 2 different guys?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    yes we are not implying that your friend is a bilmoko type. what we are trying to say lang is maybe she is pressure to keep up with the lifestyle of her other friends. and maybe the reason why she want to re-marry that kind of husband is because just like what you said, doesn't want to work if ever she loses her husband.

If ever ako nasa lugar nya, I'd rather work kasi ayoko naman isipin ng husband ko totally dependent ako sa kanya. sometimes, women have to show their man that they can also provide for themselves. I remember a friend of mind told me, if a girl can't even provide for herself how can she even look after her family's welfare too.

Sa situation ng bansa natin now, sa mga middle class families dapat 2 ang nagta trabaho, hindi lang dapat lalaki lalo na if ang aim natin is to provide good future our family.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di naman namin sinasabi bilmoko ung girl. Ayaw lang nya mapag iwanan ng mga amiga nya.

Meron sya standard of living na alam nya di nya ma-maintain kung wala sya mayaman na asawa...

e tamad ata sya... ayaw magtrabaho...

Gusto nya easy money (like getting half of her husband's assets or marrying another rich guy)

Baka naman panay ng friendster nya... tinitingnan nya kung ano na ang nangyayari sa mga ka-batch nya nung hi school...

e post sila ng post ng mga pix kung saan bansa na sila nagbakasyon...

syempre etong girl magpopost din sya ng pix na nakapunta sya ng hongkong disneyland...

hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If ever ako nasa lugar nya, I'd rather work kasi ayoko naman isipin ng husband ko totally dependent ako sa kanya. sometimes, women have to show their man that they can also provide for themselves. I remember a friend of mind told me, if a girl can't even provide for herself how can she even look after her family's welfare too
    I totally agree on this. Sarap din ng feeling when you buy your BF/husband a gift that you worked hard for. Swerte guys that marry strong and independent women.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    e post sila ng post ng mga pix kung saan bansa na sila nagbakasyon...
    hahahaha! OO nga no!

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Marrying a Single Mom