New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My friends and I have been debating over this and I thought of getting the perpective of guys. If a guy marries a single mom (either widow or had children outside wedlock***), does that mean that the guy will provide for the step children as well?

***Single Mom has zero contact with the father of the step children

Reason why I asked is because my married friend told me that if she gets widowed early she will remarry so that someone coud provide for her and her children. I totally disagree because I don't believe in remarrying. It's just that I don't see men exclusively as providers. If I do get widowed early (hopefully not) then I'd have to raise my children on my own.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    well if the guy marries a single mom or widowed mom , he should be ready to accept the mom's situation.. marrying her means marrying everything (person,sons, daughters, problems etc) that comes with the woman..assuming that the guy is responsible, mature person..

assuming the woman has children out of wedlock the woman should maintain ZERO personal contact to the father of her children from first marriage or outside wedlock.. if the father still wants to see his child (since he has the right) he must be able to provide for his children and written agreement should be settled between parties..

if widowed, it is another situation since there is no one to provide for her children since their father is already dead.. if she remarries the guy should accept her situation..

well this is from a guys perspective.. its just a matter of acceptance.. if you cannot accept her situation then do not marry the woman..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A single mom is something to take seriously. They usually go through a lot, most of the times alone.

If a guy is dead serious about the girl, he should accept any baggage she carries with her. No ifs or buts. He should accept the kid wholeheartedly as if the kid was his own.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    buy 1 take 1 yan hehehe

but your right...men are more than prviders of material comfort...men are made to make women happy :D

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Reason why I asked is because my married friend told me that if she gets widowed early she will remarry so that someone coud provide for her and her children.
    Personally, I think this is the wrong reason to marry (or re-marry). I have nothing against marrying a single mom. As long as the reasons are right.

my .002 cents

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I dont think there is something wrong about being single mom. but her reason for re-marrying is wrong. You don't marry to look for someone to provide for you. She should learn to provide for her kids too. Sa hirap ng buhay ngayon, dapat both husband and wife help each other to provide for their family. di na yung lalaki lang. But if her reason is to find someone so she can have companion, I guess okay lang but looking for a partner to have someone to provide for her and her kids is a no no.

Just my two cents.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    if true naman ang feelings and intentions then why not diba?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Woman should re-marry out of LOVE...the man should provide step-children out of LOVE of his wife...remember Joseph, the foster father of Jesus Christ?...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Package deal yan hehehehe. If for some strange reason the father suddenly reappears then let him visit the kid. He is still the fahter of her kid. There you will know if she really loves you.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    One of the rules I live by: no complications

Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast
Marrying a Single Mom