New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    She should marry because of love not because of the money.

My wife was a single and a mom when we met and our daughter(I don't like the word step) is 10 years old and I treat her as my own. My daughter was 7 when I first met her and she does know who her bilogical dad is but considers me her only father. My mom treats her as if she were her "apo" by blood and is spoiled just as any "apo" would be, in fact my mom can't sleep w/o her "apo" by her side.

Funny thing is when we started dating I didn't know she had a child and she was apprehensive to tell me thinking I would leave her. When she told me I told her it was fine by me and had my mom call her to ease her worry and tell her it was not a problem for my family to accept. I don't see children from a single mom as complications, I see them as children who need a father like any other child. Now I have a great 10 year old daughter, a beautiful wife, and in-laws who treat me as their own son.

Just tell your friend to marry for the right reasons.
    Last edited by redorange; April 16th, 2008 at 02:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    My friends and I have been debating over this and I thought of getting the perpective of guys. If a guy marries a single mom (either widow or had children outside wedlock***), does that mean that the guy will provide for the step children as well?

***Single Mom has zero contact with the father of the step children

Reason why I asked is because my married friend told me that if she gets widowed early she will remarry so that someone coud provide for her and her children. I totally disagree because I don't believe in remarrying. It's just that I don't see men exclusively as providers. If I do get widowed early (hopefully not) then I'd have to raise my children on my own.
    Eh baka naman dependent ang iyong friend sa financial support ng husband nya?

that's why ganyan sya mag isip

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mods, I erroneously pressed the quick reply button.

Oo. Housewife siya. She also said that if they break up she will get her half of the guy's assets. Sakin dapat di na siya humati kasi di naman niya pinaghirapan yun eh. Enough na dapat yung support for the children. I have no right to impose my values on her naman.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    She will gladly take her husband's half coz by the sound of ur kwento, she's in self-preservation mode.

I wouldnt call her desperate. Just practical.

Pag survival ang pinag uusapan, wala na hiya-hiya or prinsi-prinsipyo.

Kapalan na ng mukha yan.

If a rich guy comes along, she will marry that rich guy.

Miss Cathy, i guess ur totally not on the same wavelength as her that's why iba ang pananaw mo.

By the sound of it, u don't worry about money.

So to you, mas important ang prinsipyo.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hassle talaga may anak ang girl. Pero kung si Lucy Torres kahit 5 pa okay lang sakin

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kung mahal ng lalaki isang babae. walang problema kahit ilan pa anak nyan.

kaso kawawa si lalaki sa kaibigan mo. seguridad pala habol. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    If a guy marries a single mom (either widow or had children outside wedlock***), does that mean that the guy will provide for the step children as well?
    definitely!! no questions asked!!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I do worry about money and as far as I know my friend has way more than I do. I guess we simply differ in values. It's surprising how people could change once money gets involved.

It seems like society is now more accepting of single moms. E howcome my friend who had a child out of wedlock keeps on complaining that no single man will take interest in her? hehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe she looks at the guy's wallet first before looking at his heart. We guys know and feel that too.
    Last edited by afrasay; April 17th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny_Lane View Post
    One of the rules I live by: no complications

Same with me bro.

In our country/society, a marriage is a union of 2 clans. So, even if you're willing and ready,- your family may not be..... This is just me.

That is why I am sincerely happy for you bro. redorange...

5808:bee:

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Marrying a Single Mom