New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,582
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    I will not be a hypocrit...yes i did all those ... I enjoyed trying it but i had a better brain and control than you percieve. Mas nakakatakot ang mga taong repressed (haven't explored their limits) because when they break (which everyone will somehow) sila yung hirap maka-recover. Sila yung mga nagiging "late bloomers". Sila yung hindi na nagiging successful sa buhay at laging miserable. Sila yung takot magfail, so they would choose to become mediocre.

    I was in a supervisory positon at the age of 22...because after my boss learned about my life outlook and experience, she knew I can handle people much older than me. In fact, kahit ngayon, pagnaghahire ako ng mga tao ko, mas gusto kung mga marunong tumayo sa sarili nila at their age. Alam ko kasing mas magaling dumiskarte ang mga yun pag merun decission na kailangang independently nila dapat gawaan ng paraan.
    Some people are born priveleged and it is not their fault ie Bill Gates and Mark Zuckermann studied at Harvard. They are priveleged but that did not lead them to mediocrity. It really all boils down to character regardless of circumstance. Just because a person went through difficulties doesn't necessarily mean that he's a better person than someone who didn't. It just means that the other person had more experience.

    I'm just really thankful that my parents provided for me well that I didn't have to suffer hardships in life, it is one of the many reasons why I love them so much.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:26 AM.

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,976
    #42
    Right now, after being married for over 11 years, I still live with my mom. There are pros and cons, but one of the advantages is that me and my wife got to save money, which to most people would amount to a small fortune. Good thing my mom and wife get along well so no issue there.

    But we're scheduled to finally move in to our new place in Manhattan Parkway in Cubao. Medyo excited na nga, hehehe.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,490
    #43
    I think no problem staying with parents as long as both sides are comfortable. After graduation, I live with them waiting for may board results. I got a low paying job right after then left home.

    Live by my own, got married, built a new home but I wish I could stay with my old folks longer. I did not have a chance because of the distance. Just visit them once in a while during holidays.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    44,236
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    Very true...but to explain further, the whole scenario was this: i was already paying for my school tuition and daily needs in the last two or three years at the university until I graduated (tricycle driver on sat and sat - we own the trike) student ng mon-fri. While finishing my thesis in the last year at university, I managed to land a sales job. Kaso after 9months on that work, my adviser warned me that ibabagsak niya ako if i do not finish my manuscript that semester...so no choice, I resigned...finished my manuscript at nagmarcha ng abril. During that time na "jobless" ako, balik weekend trike driver ako. Also while waiting for the next job (puro application lang at interviews pa kasi)....that was the 3 months that I stayed home.

    Of course pag nasa bahay ako, patakpatak kami ng utol for food and utilities...erpat ko nung time na yun ay retired na...he has his pension for his needs and although I was staying at home, I was neither a bum nor an ingrate!

    Most of the job I got are not based in Manila...so it was really pretty stupid kung uwian pa ako ng manila even on weekends...why not stand on my feet.

    An tanong ko sa 'yo ... Did you have that same guts at an age of 21?
    guts to do... which one?
    the almost abandoning your college studies because you got drunk with a taste of independent money..?
    the leaving your parents when you can afford it but returning to them when the money ran out? and leaving when you could afford it again?
    the choosing to live near the workplace and saving yourself the inconvenience of commuting?
    you took the easy way out, if you ask me!
    but you did want to escape the expected negative comments from your parents when you decide to indulge in a little life of wanton abandon, 'di ba? i suspect this was the main reason you wanted to live outside of your parents' house.
    pabayaan ang "thesis" mo... that was irresponsible of you.. buti naman at natauhan ka on time..
    and i must congratulate you.. because you managed to extricate yourself out of your self-made mess.
    to paraphrase a wise Man's words... "misfortune can only mold you into a better person, if it does not utterly destroy you first". it seems, you are now a better person. now, just don't you downplay others who went by another route to achieve similar results as yours..

    these are my views.

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,440
    #45
    TS, wag mo sanang masamain pero did you get much love from your parents? Feel kong hindi dahil gustong gusto mong makawala agad sa kweba based sa kwento mo. I somehow pity you at first dahil hindi mo nagampanan nang maayos ang pagiging college student mo. Busy drinking, doing ***, even prohibited substances. Masyado kang irresponsible na dumating sa point na hindi ka nakatapos. Pero very good thing na natauhan ka at natapos mo ang pag-aaral mo before.

    Hindi komo ganyan ang nangyari sa iyo eh pwedeng i-apply sa ibang tao. Yun iba dyan, kahit nasa poder pa ng mga magulang nila ay mga successful naman na tao. Hindi mo kelangan na lumayo sa mga parents mo para lang maging successful at independent. Tsaka wag mong i-stereotype yun mga taong hindi naranasan yun mga naranasan mo. Kanya kanya tayo ng diskarte sa buhay. Nataon lang na yun diskarte mo ang ok sa iyo. Pero wag na wag mong sasabihin na yun diskarte mo, ay dapat gawin ng ibang tao para maging successful.

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,828
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    To add pa, my being independent early (I think 20 lang ako nun) was also an added boost on my credibility kaya mabilis ang promotion ko sa work.
    I won't take that as a rule. There's nothing wrong living with parents if one has a job and still single, maganda nga yan at natutulongan nya parents nya. Two kings or queen in a kingdom only applies if you're married not unless you're the type of kid na lahat ng gusto mo ang dapat masunod.

    Guts at age 21? Baby talk lang yan.
    Last edited by CoDer; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    39,210
    #47
    as if napakahirap ng pinagdaanan niya at napakalayo ng narating niya

    madami tao dyan mas mahirap pa ang pinagdaanan at mas malayo pa ang narating

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,754
    #48
    I have done the opposite way.. they didn't send me to college coz they can't afford. I just manage by my self (sariling sikap).. when I got stable I provided them what they need. house,car, we travel several times and never ending surprises

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,937
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    saka freedom ba ang problema? lalaki ka di ba, di ka ba hinayaan ng parents mo magpatubo ng sariling sungay? e nung nag-college ako sabi lang ng erpats ko sa akin "wag ka magpahaba ng buntot na di mo kayang hilahin". umuuwi ako ng bahay umaga na, wala akong sermon na narinig kahit minsan. basta ok lang ang grades no problem. bilin pa nga ng nanay ko mas mabuti daw matulog sa bahay ng barkada kesa magpasuray-suray sa paguwi sa kalsada.

    yung sister ko baliktad. abutin lang ng 9pm salubong na kilay ng nanay at tatay ko nakadungaw sa bintana.
    Nainggit naman ako sayo. Nung college ako abutin lang ako ng 11, kinabukasan sermon na abot ko. Ngayon pa lang ako nakaexperience ng freedom after college. Hehe.

    Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,106
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Sir TS,
    you say this thread isn't about you, that you just wanna get views and experiences...yet you did say:

    I was in a supervisory positon at the age of 22...because after my boss learned about my life outlook and experience
    An tanong ko sa 'yo ... Did you have that same guts at an age of 21?
    That one comment seemed more malicious than curious to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Sorry, had tofind a power outlet :p

    Come to think of it, why would you still need to get views and experiences of others, to help you form an opinion?

    It seems to me you've already formed an opinion of others - i.e. the ones who still live with their parents - aka those who will never succeed and have chosen to be mediocore.
    My thoughts exactly. Nagpapahangin eh.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

College grad, have work...but still living with their parents?