New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Very interesting points-of-view...

What made me decide to stay away was the "freedom" I felt when I was living on my own. No house rules, kasi I make the house rules. Sabi nga nung dating boss ko from one of my previous work - sa isang kaharian hindi puede na dalawa ang hari.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    To add pa, my being independent early (I think 20 lang ako nun) was also an added boost on my credibility kaya mabilis ang promotion ko sa work.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post

What made me decide to stay away was the "freedom" I felt when I was living on my own. No house rules, kasi I make the house rules. Sabi nga nung dating boss ko from one of my previous work - sa isang kaharian hindi puede na dalawa ang hari.
    Strict pla parents, kaya umalis
    Accdng to experience, nakakasawa din, minsan hahanaphanapin mo din company nila.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    actually, living with your parents takes more finesse than moving out... you will have to hold the reins in the family now, without making your parents feel you are controlling them.. when my parents passed away, i then took over the old house. what was my most difficult part in taking over the old house? finding out where the water pipes are buried when tracing for leaks! getting rid of the termites!
    moving out nowadays is easy because condos are easily available. moving out now is just like moving to a dorm... no big deal... only now the monies are much bigger..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post

this only applies when you're already married. syempre pag single ka and stayed with your parents sila ang hari at reyna but when you get married, gusto mo na din maging hari so you better create your own kingdom.

altho me mga officemates akong single esp babae na ayaw ng parents nilang magsolo sila kasi they are obliged to help in their financial needs, yung iba nga atm nila nasa parents nila, so medyo naaawa ako sa kanila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Local norm is you move out when you marry atleast in the area where Im from. If you are single and already earning, you can take the time to give back to your folks. And its not always monetary. Sometimes just having you around the house to take mom to the palengke and other menial tasks is already a big help. Medyo mahihiya na kasi ang parents to ask once you are no longer part of the household.

My cousin is already earning well and has a large condo in the better part of metro manila, but since she is not yet married, there are a lot of days where she goes home and stays in the parental house to her folks to help in the house and because her other siblings have gotten married and moved overseas. It does not encroach on her independence and she still has a home to call her own when she feels like it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'll only leave home when I get married
    so that means you're never gonna leave home hehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I guess I'm lucky that my own home is within the compound of our family lot (subdivided na kasi). hehe

It's better talaga na kapag married eh ibang bahay na. Okay lang kung single at hindi ka naman PAL.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I stayed with my parents until I got married. This is also what I intend to offer to our kids unless they have other plans, which I am also promoting with them.

Never asked them for any money while I stayed with them after college as I got work immediately after graduation. Have given them money too as Consuelo de bobo and " helped" financially in the college education of our youngest sibling.

Well, wife and myself stayed for a few days with my parents as our house was finishing construction... I made sure only for a few days as honeymoon with in laws can easily wear off....

18.0K:sailor:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Strict pla parents, kaya umalis
    Accdng to experience, nakakasawa din, minsan hahanaphanapin mo din company nila.
    They were not really strict....ako bunso, I even had the highest "fringe benefits". Pero I was already living "on-my-own" since freshman college kasi I stayed sa dorm then apartments with several friends or frat brods .... at duon ko nakita at naexperience ang "freedom" which felt so good!

Walang curfew, pedeng sky's d limit na inuman sa bahay, pedeng orgy, pedeng magdrugs, peden anything...with nobody to stop you other than the police :D

Lalong mas naging ok when I had enough money to rent an apartment on my own (no barkadas sharing the house with me).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast