New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    siyenga pala included na ang suspension and coil nito para temporary use habang naghahanap ako ng ARB sa UAE.

Question again the paper works for this engine will take a month para maproseso? oks lang ba ito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's your existing differential gear ratio? At ano nga pala ulit yung chassis donor?

If you don't want to opt for a re-gearing method, having a 33 inch tire or 285/70R16 will work out fine on stock gearings.

The paper works should be quick enough to take a week.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Kelso Hatch
    qman,

kung 4dr5 engine ang gagamitin mo tapos body/chassis na lang ang matitira sa rig mo. sa opinyon ko sayang lang. kung ako sa 'yo i-dispose mo na lang yan at bumili ka na lang ng mitsubishi willys jeep galing japan.

may mga alam akong mitsubishi jeeps na binebenta. ang mods na gagawin mo ay lift na lang with bigger tires, power steering to be a competent trail rig. the unit cost will range from 150K to 180K. compare these prices against the cost of your upgrade then decide.
    thank you sir sa iyong suggestion.

me objective kasi ako na i want to do it from the start seeking knowledge baga. and I want an specific part sa munting proyekto ko.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sori sir ungas di kasama chassis noon bale gagamitin ko ang existing na wrangler chassis ko.

iyong gear factor nya I still have to check 4:1 ata im not sure.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does your Wrangler chassis have 4 leaf spring mounts or the front coil / rear leaf type? Have you tried asking Armark Internatoinal for your suspension needs? RIDE Inc could also carry some parts; same as with Joey M's 4x4 Extreme Shop.

I could pressume that the 4.11 gear can keep those tires rolling, just don't expect to have a topspeed of 120km/h with those big tires.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir ungas iyong spring mounts ba eh iyong patungan ng coil spring sa chassis? wala noon eh bale nagpa fabricate ako para me mount ang coil spring ko sa chassis mismo.

Have not ask Armark or any other store for my suspension needs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, merong spring mounts ang ibabaw ng coils, if it was a coil sprung setup. Kung McPherson struts may sriling housing na yan kasama ng buong assembly pati shocks.

Kung papasadya ka ng spring mounts, siguraduhin mong matibay eto. Have it bolted on to the chassis and some part of it welded. They will bear the beating and hold your coils and diffs. Meron akong nakikitang spring mounts na may kasama nang bump stops, mas maganda ito to protect suspension parts from bottoming out.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    katakot pala ang fabrication, me abang sya para sa leaf spring so gamit na lang ako ng leaf spring sa likod at lagyan ko ng apat na shocks two on both corner. Oks ba to?

Then sa front axle nya me dalawang shocks akong nakita na me wire connected sa dulo and nang nilagyan ng power ang wire eh bumaba ang shocks ito ba iyong steering damper niya.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    local terranos and pathfinders have 4.56 gear ratio. fitting them with 33" tires is possible but with a decrease in performance.

i suggest that if you have the complete set of the underchassis from a terrano and that if it is with a chassis you pattern the jeep body na lang to fit the chassis. transfering the front suspension components will be a a hassle and it will most likely result to backyard engineering, meaning weld here and there and will compromise the safety of the vehicle. But if you really want to use your existing chassis you might opt to use solid axles and leaf spring configuration to make it simple and jeep like. but the problem will be you will have to buy a matching fron axle that has the same ratio as the rear you have already from the terrano. and not counting the fact that the terrano is coil sprung at the rear you will hvae to gut out the spring perch and the brackets for the suspension links which will weaken the axle.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Does any of you guys know where I can buy Japan surplus Turbochargers, preferably from trucks, and Intercoolers?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
surplus engines