New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    zanch:: i'll sell it for 300 bucks. half the price of bnew. mga 80% pa lang of the cleaner and oil yung nagamit ko.

mojako:: i got my finer filter from RATS 4X4 in alabang

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,
    san location mo? taga bf ka ba?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mojako.... nope. But i feel like i live there. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    happy_gilmore,

I had mine installed by Karplus in Makati, costs me Php 2,200 all in (simota kit plus labor included).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hi my first post here

based on the replies on this thread i have to choose between k&N or simota

Originally posted by Karding
    yan na nga ba ang sinasabi ko, gaya ng post ni happy_gilmore. SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP between I/H/E. Intake alone wont benefit you much. Kailangan may ka-akibat na performance mods.
    can anyone explain to me what does I/H/E means
    I means intake right guys?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Intake/Headers/Exhaust
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uhmm...installing those aftermarket filters voids the car's warranty right?

or would one just replace back the stock filter when the time to have the car undergo PMS para "under warranty" pa rin...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, it voids your warranty... dunno kung di nila malalaman kung binalik mo sa stock pag PMS mo na... pero hassle yun eh!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it would void your warranty ONLY if the main cause of the engine failure will be PROVEN to be the added mods you did in your car. I've had I/H/E and when my radiator broke, the dealership replaced it with no question. Same goes with my brake master cylinder, no questions asked. Now, if you replaced your springs to make ur ride lower, then your OEM shocks leaked, you know better not to ask for a warranty :lol:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok, how about this comparo. which would make the engine breathe easier (considering m looking more for fuel efficiency and less of the added performance, if any). it's for a 2002 2.0L Camry AT btw.

1. K&N drop-in filter
    2. K&N cone type filter with stainless steel tube

i would think hands down in terms of air taken in, the cone type would be the more free flowing alternative. however, what if we factor in the temp. of air that the cone type with stainless steel tube would be taking in vs. that of the stock plastic intake? would it be that much hotter thus negating the air intake advantage with hotter air? or, whether or not it is hotter, will the effect still be noticeable?

thanks.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
stock air filter vs. simota or K&N