New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 186 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Clarification, I just bought a 1L bottle of Castrol Activ 2T. If they had it in 4L bottles, I'd probably get that one instead.

I bought this from Sea Oil today at Php30.00/200ml. But it doesn't have any JASO markings or anything specific on the container. Even the website contains only this information:

mahal naman sir
    22 pesos lang saamin ung ganyang 2t :D

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisita View Post
    Shell 2t FB user for my trucks and Castrol 2t FC user for my car for about 2 months now very satisfied...

Just a question, we know that FA FB FC grades can be used, what about FB+ grade 2t? i saw this 2t in petron station that is graded FB+, whats the difference to FB grade? is it safe to use?
    Ok lang yan, pasok pa din yan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ok lang yan, pasok pa din yan.
    If its okay, anu meron siya over the standard FB grade, what does the FB + mean?

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Shell 2t FB user for my trucks and Castrol 2t FC user for my car for about 2 months now very satisfied...

Just a question, we know that FA FB FC grades can be used, what about FB+ grade 2t? i saw this 2t in petron station that is graded FB+, whats the difference to FB grade? is it safe to use?
    ano effect sa gasoline engine sir?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    If its okay, anu meron siya over the standard FB grade, what does the FB + mean?
    Low smoke and capacity to handle higher engine heat. Yung FC rated na Castrol Activ Premium kasi is amost no smoke sa 2t engine itself and very good at high heat/performance racing. Castrol Philippines - Castrol Activ Premium 2T
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    question:for crdi engine, do we still need to mix 2T with the euro 4 diesel being sold by Unioil?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    are you sure euro 4 yung unioil?? hindi din naman nagiging euro 4 yung euro 2 diesel fuel pag nilagyan ng 2T.. ang effects ng 2T nasa injection pump.. lubricate nya yung injection pump to properly burn fuel.. sabay ng pag lubricate nya eh masusunog din yung 2T kaya wala residue

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    are you sure euro 4 yung unioil?? hindi din naman nagiging euro 4 yung euro 2 diesel fuel pag nilagyan ng 2T.. ang effects ng 2T nasa injection pump.. lubricate nya yung injection pump to properly burn fuel.. sabay ng pag lubricate nya eh masusunog din yung 2T kaya wala residue
    Unioil to roll out Euro 4 lineup of fuels this year - News | TopGear.com.ph

quote:

"We've been selling Euro 4 diesel since last year so we figured it's about time we sold Euro 4 gasoline as well," said Unioil's retail manager, Ramon Villarin. "This will put us four years ahead of schedule from the DENR’s mandate that all petroleum products should be of Euro 4 standard by 2016. This will also make us the first oil company in the country to be fully Euro 4-compliant across all our products."

Compared to Euro 2 diesel, which has a sulfur content of 500 parts per million (PPM), Euro 4 diesel's sulfur count is just 50 PPM, a reduction of 90 percent, making it less harmful to the environment. In terms of harmful carbon monoxide emissions, Euro 4 is at 1.0 gram per kilometer for gasoline-powered vehicles while Euro 2 is at 2.2 grams per kilometer."

ok. so sulfur reduction lang pala ang euro 4 diesel. it does'nt have lubrication properties>

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    diesel fuel is also a lubricant... by adding 2T you increase its capacity to lubricate injection pump parts...

hindi lang pwede yan 2T sa mga high pressure CRDi systems.. yung CRDi system dito sa atin mababa pa ang pressure kaya pwede pa 2T

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I would avoid any station with Euro 4 like the plague, When you think about it, it's really ment to get rid of older diesels because it makes them run rough and wears them out quickly due to the lack of lubrication. Good ideal for a Euro nation or the US but not countries with a majority of their diesels being mechanical injection.

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel