New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 186 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Diesel + high sulfur content = good lubrication

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Tried it to my pajero EFI good results idling rpm dropped from 900 - 750 and engine feels more quiet and responsive. If only I'll be brave enough to try it on my CRDI's.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Doc, how about tractor hydraulic fluid (ex. Donax TD & Mobilfluid 424) as an additive to diesel fuel? does it have the same effect with that of ATF?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Doc, how about tractor hydraulic fluid (ex. Donax TD & Mobilfluid 424) as an additive to diesel fuel? does it have the same effect with that of ATF?
    ATF is nothing but transmission fluid already, just like you can use it in your power steering pump. So chemically yes you can use it but it's designed for low temp transmission operation. There's no tractor going 100kh. Secondly there is no real way without chemical testing to know the percentage of friction modifiers they have in it and is it less or more than normal transmission fluid.

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC...ax_TD_5W30.pdf

If it's less it's pointless to add it. I only put products that are specifically designed for my transmission, Lubegaurd is what I use. And it's also used by most dealers here and transmission rebuild shops for rebuilt transmissions. It's the only additive I have found over the years worth it's salt. Transmission

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I've added a 200ml Petron 2T to our age-old family car Toyota Corolla 1.6Gli. Used it as a guinea pig. Filled the tank(full).

Idling is much better. Engine noise was..well it lessened a bit. Improved response was noticeable after.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    I've added a 200ml Petron 2T to our age-old family car Toyota Corolla 1.6Gli. Used it as a guinea pig. Filled the tank(full).

Idling is much better. Engine noise was..well it lessened a bit. Improved response was noticeable after.
    Improved response really? i doubt. the fuel should have increased viscosity making it more resistant to atomization.....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    If you had dirty injecters or a dirty carb it would help clean them out so you can get better response on a gas engine, It's simply a fuel system cleaner. And the tiny percentage you add to gas would make the affect on atomization almost unmeasurable. It also contains PolyIsoButylene. Its used as an additive and detergent in petrol and diesel fuel already.

It basically does two things.

1. Detergents to clean combustion chamber and exhaust. 2T engines are inefficient by design and it does acculumates alot more carbon deposits compared to 4T engines. Similar to what our petrol additives does.

2. Lubricate engine combustion chambers and pistons rings and valves.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    If you had dirty injecters or a dirty carb it would help clean them out so you can get better response on a gas engine, It's simply a fuel system cleaner. And the tiny percentage you add to gas would make the affect on atomization almost unmeasurable. It also contains PolyIsoButylene. Its used as an additive and detergent in petrol and diesel fuel already.

1. Detergents to clean combustion chamber and exhaust. 2T engines are inefficient by design and it does acculumates alot more carbon deposits compared to 4T engines. Similar to what our petrol additives does.

Iv'e been waiting for this reply . So what 2T to Petrol ratio should we use in case of gasoline engines doc? would the 250ml to 50 liters be sufficient? thanks

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi guys, a bit of concern here.

My bro-in-law tried the 2t oil on his GLX revo diesel. Normal 200ml to a full tank (shell products). On his way to work last Monday from Bulacan to Makati, he felt that the engine became sluggish and power was lost. He was thinking to drain the fuel tank but decided to stay with it until the 2t mixed fuel is consumed. Yesterday, he felt that the engine is beginning to restore its original performance before 2t was fed. What went wrong here?? I think this is the only negative experience we have so far.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post

We learn new things each day.....

Then we would have another title for this thread: "Car Owners who add 2T on their fuel".....but the question is the correct ratio so as not to affect performance.

Actually it's not surprising since 2T oil is used primarily here in the Phils for 2 stroke gas engines. but for 4 strokers? i'll subscribe on this one.

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel