1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Can you send me the file as well?

Pls send to modeplom*yahoo.com

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I have a 1999 Mit FM pajero. Two cases I want to raise:

1. I observed the past three months the black smoke emission specially during acceleration. Not present though if continous driving. Do I need to have my injectors cleaned? calibration? How much time does it need to do both?

2. As a practice, I usually drive at 80-100kph. When I am on Skyway, I can try to hit 120 but medyo parang sakal going to 130kph. Does changing fuel filter and air filter necessary. I changed them about six months ago.

appreciate your input

thanks

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarin14 View Post
    I have a 1999 Mit FM pajero. Two cases I want to raise:

1. I observed the past three months the black smoke emission specially during acceleration. Not present though if continous driving. Do I need to have my injectors cleaned? calibration? How much time does it need to do both? You don't have to consider calibration at the moment. You are one step ahead. I recommend a fuel and air filter change, most especially the air filter. Use original Mits filters.

2. As a practice, I usually drive at 80-100kph. When I am on Skyway, I can try to hit 120 but medyo parang sakal going to 130kph. Does changing fuel filter and air filter necessary. I changed them about six months ago. I don't know the maximum vehicle speed of a '99 Pajero. Speed and performance will improve if your air and fuel filters are presently restricted.

appreciate your input

thanks
    Idle and idle-up setting procedures have been pubicly posted. I hope this info helps you.

Bye,

Dieseldude

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Got your message..

Maraming Salamat

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Guys,

I will be in Bacolod from the 24th to the 29th to spend the holidays with my family, and also for a much needed break from work. I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas & a more Prosperous New Year. Keep your posts coming, I will try to access Tiskot from there, otherwise I will get back to all of you when I come back. I have thouroughly enjoyed interacting with you guys.

GBU ALL,

Dieseldude

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL TSIKOTERS!!! Guys, checked my thread and everyone seemed to have been on holiday.

Too many parties...loaded with so much food and drinks! I am sure you all had a great time, but now we again begin to settle down. I'm ready........

Dieseldude

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Happy New Year to you too Dieseldude

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Mbeige,

That was a good pic. You should have waited a few seconds more to zap that glowplug. It's new year anyway. So what's one glowplug to celebrate the year of the rat?

I'm curious. Do you have a diesel workshop at Anaheim?

Bye,

Dieseldude

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Actually no that's not my pic, saw it online and I remembered that would be a nice New Year diesel-head pic

I wish I had my own shop! I got that pic from www.dieselgiant.com though. I replaced my car's glow plugs last year I believe, or last, last year - I don't remember when! But it's working great, used Bosch plugs of course. Wanted Beru but not readily available. $10 each at the local Autozone!

Besides, my knowledge is limited to the OM617-OM616 engines of the w123 chassis from Mercedes-Benz. Still learning about the OM603-OM602 engines of the w124, w126 and w201 chassis too. Other diesel engines are quite alien to me, at least until I understand their inner workings
    Last edited by mbeige; January 1st, 2008 at 07:00 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Actually no that's not my pic, saw it online and I remembered that would be a nice New Year diesel-head pic

I wish I had my own shop! I got that pic from www.dieselgiant.com though. I replaced my car's glow plugs last year I believe, or last, last year - I don't remember when! But it's working great, used Bosch plugs of course. Wanted Beru but not readily available. $10 each at the local Autozone!
    1 or 2 years seem to be too short. Well, the cooler weather in your area probably makes the glow plugs work longer. We hardy replace glow plugs here. Bosch plugs are good. Are Berus better?

Besides, my knowledge is limited to the OM617-OM616 engines of the w123 chassis from Mercedes-Benz. Still learning about the OM603-OM602 engines of the w124, w126 and w201 chassis too. 617 and 603 engines are great, easy to understand, and parts are available. Problem with the 617 is transverse shaking at 800 - 900 rpm. Other diesel engines are quite alien to me, at least until I understand their inner workings
    Btw, what do you do in Anaheim?

Bye,

Dieseldude

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk