New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 235 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    post na sir DieselDude.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sir, Would you know if there are nozzle tips available in the market for Rover's 200TDI? They only sell whole injectors and someone told me it is only the tips that are needed to be replaced to make it efficient again.
    Thanks for the help

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir, Would you know if there are nozzle tips available in the market for Rover's 200TDI? They only sell whole injectors and someone told me it is only the tips that are needed to be replaced to make it efficient again.
    Thanks for the help

Rover 200TDIs use two types of injectors, depending on the year model. Bosch has nozzles and service parts for both types, and you don't have to replace the whole injector.

Most common we see here are the '96 to '98 Rovers, which use the 2.5L 6 cyl. BMW turbodiesel. Do you have the same car?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    post na sir DieselDude.
    See copy attached pics of an Isuzu 4JG2 VE rotary injection pump, and it's various accessories.

Pic 1: Pump mounted on the diesel test stand
    Pic 2: Throttle potentiometer on the left and turbo boost compensator on the right
    Pic 3: Idle-up device and cold idle device
    Pic 4: rpm sensor

I do hope these pictures help you. And if you have any questions, just ask.

Bye,

Dieseldude

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Thanks for the help

Rover 200TDIs use two types of injectors, depending on the year model. Bosch has nozzles and service parts for both types, and you don't have to replace the whole injector.

Most common we see here are the '96 to '98 Rovers, which use the 2.5L 6 cyl. BMW turbodiesel. Do you have the same car?
    Vehicle is a Land Rover Discovery 91 model using a 200Tdi 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. Hopefully you guys have a replacement!! I heard there is a Denso nozzle that is similar but hearsay lang siya - I have to research on it pa. Thanks a lot for your reply.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Bosch nozzles and parts are available for your injector.
    Denso will not have replacements for this.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Bosch nozzles and parts are available for your injector.
    Denso will not have replacements for this.
    YES!!!!! you have sent me some pretty good news!!!!!! Who can I call or can you give me a figure how much it would cost to have the nozzles changed?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    YES!!!!! you have sent me some pretty good news!!!!!! Who can I call or can you give me a figure how much it would cost to have the nozzles changed?
    Our ESI shows that your Discovery used two types of engines which again have two different injectors. Parts are also available for both. Send me the parts numbers inscribed on the injector itself. Or you can bring your car here.

By the way, why do you want to replace your nozzles?

You can call me at 411-3711 to 13, ask for Jake.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Our ESI shows that your Discovery used two types of engines which again have two different injectors. Parts are also available for both. Send me the parts numbers inscribed on the injector itself. Or you can bring your car here.

By the way, why do you want to replace your nozzles?

You can call me at 411-3711 to 13, ask for Jake.
    Actually I want to have it checked first to see if it still atomizes the mixture well. Well if it is worn na then I would want to have it replaced na. My disco blows black smoke na and there is a bit of power lag when accelerating. I'll give you a call on monday

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    Actually I want to have it checked first to see if it still atomizes the mixture well. Well if it is worn na then I would want to have it replaced na. My disco blows black smoke na and there is a bit of power lag when accelerating. I'll give you a call on monday

Checking your nozzles will entail dismounting, injector testing, and injector re-installation costs.

Inspect / replace your air filter element before considering injector repairs as your engine may just be starved of air. This might cure your black smoke and power lag problems.

Good luck.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk