New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 235 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    dieseldude.. just want to ask a simple question.. what can be done to a non CRDi engine so that it will come close to producing the same horse power as a CRDi unit.. for example my TCI starex apparently produces 100hp.. what can be done to gain 40hp just to have it on par with a CRdi starex?

thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    dieseldude.. just want to ask a simple question.. what can be done to a non CRDi engine so that it will come close to producing the same horse power as a CRDi unit.. for example my TCI starex apparently produces 100hp.. what can be done to gain 40hp just to have it on par with a CRdi starex?

thanks

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    sori for the multi post.. nag hang kasi..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by povillo View Post
    Every morning pag nagstart up lang pero maganda pdn hatak ng makina. pag mainit na ok na cya. i am just worried bago sana maregister uli eh maayos na ang smoke test kasi nahuhuli ako sa Makati one time. thanks dieseldude for accomodating my query.
    Malaki and posibilidad na may kahinaan na ang compression dahil mataas na siguro ang mileage mo. Normal wear yan. Nababawasan ang white smoke pag uminit ang engine dahil sa thermal expansion ng pistons.....nag iimprove ang compression.

Compression test ang kailangan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post

thanks..
    The only way to increase power is by putting more air and fuel into your engine. Normally this can be done by adjusting a mechanical injection pump to deliver more fuel; and by adjusting the turbo's wastegate to dump exhaust gasses at higher boost pressures.

But since a TCI uses an electronic pump, the adjustment cannot be altered. Some people use tuning boxes to force the ECU to deliver more fuel and rpms.

However, I do not recommend this as your engine and turbo will suffer from premature failure...excessive combustion pressures and high exhaust temps. A 40% horsepower increase is too much for your engine to handle.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    thank you sirs..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dieseldude, just need your expertise on my hard starting problem:
    My ride: '04 Starex GRX TCI w/ ECU
    symptoms: 1. hard starting even when engine is already hot... better chances of making it start when engine is cold overnight.
    2. not so erratic idling speed; with a/c on rpm is at around 900 but dwindles down to 800 for a second then back to normal
    3. sometimes when i step on the acceleration after a cold start, no revving. just idling.
    4. occasional "delayed response" when accelerating. bagal umangat ng rpm.
    5. parang umingay na makina na parang umaakyat ng baguio pero i can easily reach 120kph sa SLEX. maingay nga lang.

When the symptoms started to appear, I brought the unit to hyundai casa and was diagnosed to have a dirty fuel filter (glow plugs checked in working order), hence was replaced with a new OEM fuel filter. Starts were manageable but lasted for only 5 days then hard starting again taking me atleast an hour of bleeding the fuel pump and trying to start again. brought it back to casa, then diagnosed with air entering fuel system due to leak "probably" sa filter pump mismo. Had a 2nd opinion from another mechanic, ayos naman daw ang pump maganda naman. most probably daw sa injection pump yan. unfortunately pinuntahan ko na mga calibration shops dito sa south of alabang di pa daw nila naseservisan ang mga injection pump ng starex na electronic. wala daw silang machine na nag fefeed ng current.

Sir ang tanong ko: 1. Could these symptoms pinpoint specifically to injection pump problem?
    2. Ano kayang parts ang pwedeng affected sa situation ko?
    3. If possible a rough estimate kung magkano gagastusin pag pinaayos sa calibration shop na gumagawa ng electronic controlled injection pump.
    4. Gusto ko sana dalhin sa shop nyo para matingnan if you would be able to supply me the address of your shop. I just hope it starts para madala ko sa shop nyo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    symptoms:
    1. hard starting even when engine is already hot... better chances of making it start when engine is cold overnight.
    2. not so erratic idling speed; with a/c on rpm is at around 900 but dwindles down to 800 for a second then back to normal
    3. sometimes when i step on the acceleration after a cold start, no revving. just idling.
    5. parang umingay na makina na parang umaakyat ng baguio pero i can easily reach 120kph sa SLEX. maingay nga lang.
    When and how did this problem start? Flood? After a repair was done on your vehicle?

When the symptoms started to appear, I brought the unit to hyundai casa and was diagnosed to have a dirty fuel filter (glow plugs checked in working order), hence was replaced with a new OEM fuel filter. Starts were manageable but lasted for only 5 days then hard starting again taking me atleast an hour of bleeding the fuel pump and trying to start again. brought it back to casa, then diagnosed with air entering fuel system due to leak "probably" sa filter pump mismo. Had a 2nd opinion from another mechanic, ayos naman daw ang pump maganda naman. most probably daw sa injection pump yan. unfortunately pinuntahan ko na mga calibration shops dito sa south of alabang di pa daw nila naseservisan ang mga injection pump ng starex na electronic. wala daw silang machine na nag fefeed ng current.
    Correct, special test equipment is necessary to test this pump. We have it.

Sir ang tanong ko:
    1. Could these symptoms pinpoint specifically to injection pump problem?
    Not sure, but it is possible that this is an injection pump problem.
    Since the glow plugs and filters have already been checked, this could be an injection pump or an electronics problem. Is the "check engine lamp" on?
    3. If possible a rough estimate kung magkano gagastusin pag pinaayos sa calibration shop na gumagawa ng electronic controlled injection pump.
    Not possible. Vehicle should first be checked for any electronic faults. If the electronics are ok, the pump may have to be pulled down for checking. Has any previous work been done on this pump?
    4. Gusto ko sana dalhin sa shop nyo para matingnan if you would be able to supply me the address of your shop. I will PM you.
    I just hope it starts para madala ko sa shop nyo. You can use a carrier if it won't start.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    symptoms:
    1. hard starting even when engine is already hot... better chances of making it start when engine is cold overnight.
    When and how did this problem start? Flood? After a repair was done on your vehicle?
    I guess this just happened spontaneously way before typhoon Ondoy. The vehicle was not affected by the flood. No previous repairs were done on my engine, mostly change oil lang, palit belts. This is it's first major breakdown since it was bought.

Correct, special test equipment is necessary to test this pump. We have it.

Sir ang tanong ko:
    Since the glow plugs and filters have already been checked, this could be an injection pump or an electronics problem. Is the "check engine lamp" on? No warning lights show up after a start up.
    Not possible. Vehicle should first be checked for any electronic faults. If the electronics are ok, the pump may have to be pulled down for checking. Has any previous work been done on this pump? No previous works done on this pump. Can your shop check for any electronic faults for my vehicle? naka 3 mechanic, 2 electrician na ako kaso they don't have the slightest idea pag dating sa ecu. Don't want to bring it to casa because of previous bad experience.
    4. Gusto ko sana dalhin sa shop nyo para matingnan if you would be able to supply me the address of your shop. I will PM you. Received your pm thanks, will try to bring it if it permits me. I will still have to come from Laguna.
    I just hope it starts para madala ko sa shop nyo. You can use a carrier if it won't start.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir ang tanong ko:
    Since the glow plugs and filters have already been checked, this could be an injection pump or an electronics problem. Is the "check engine lamp" on? No warning lights show up after a start up. Then this it is highly possible that this is not an electronic problem.
    Not possible. Vehicle should first be checked for any electronic faults. If the electronics are ok, the pump may have to be pulled down for checking. Has any previous work been done on this pump? No previous works done on this pump. Can your shop check for any electronic faults for my vehicle? naka 3 mechanic, 2 electrician na ako kaso they don't have the slightest idea pag dating sa ecu. Don't want to bring it to casa because of previous bad experience. We can check it for faults, but i don't think we'll see any as your CEL is off.
    4. Gusto ko sana dalhin sa shop nyo para matingnan if you would be able to supply me the address of your shop. I will PM you. Received your pm thanks, will try to bring it if it permits me. I will still have to come from Laguna.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk