New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoudaiai View Post
    general overhaul. the oil filter did blow up while on NLEX then now it sounds like the bearing was shot. I've attached video for the sound now.

1 March 217 - YouTube
    I've heard the clip and YES that is rod knock. It wont affect anything, idle, power, etc especially at this point. My advice, no matter how tempting it is. Don't drive or turn on the engine.

Sometimes, you can get away with just a simple rod bearing replacement with a simple/slight knock. If you continue to use it and wait to make the knock more audible, you could be looking at replacing the crankshaft, conrod and oil pump.

Have it trailered to Fronte in Banawe na lang. Once stop shop, mechanics are good and the sell Hyundai parts.

Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Idiots do the same exact things, the same exact conditions, the same exact parameters over and over and expect a different result.

Determine the cause of the symptom before deciding to tear the engine apart. And when the inevitable happens to tear the engine apart, study it carefully, document it to prevent making the mistake or recurrence of the symptoms. Do not just replace with or damaged parts. Do not be that neanderthal.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Super duper rough estimate.

Pull down and install of engine from engine bay = 10k

Teardown of engine and replace crank shaft, conrod and bearing = 5k

Crank shaft surplus = 5k
    Conrod 1pc. = 2k
    Conrod Bearing 1pc. 1k

Oil pump = 10k
    Head gasket and seals, misc... = 5k
    Total roughly 40-50k.

Scenario #2, very light damage only on conrod bearing, 1pc con rod bearing = 1k
    Pull down oil pan and loosen and install conrod bearing = 5k, "dukot method.")
    Oil pan gasket, misc = 1k.
    Total roughly of 10k only.

Add micropolish of crank if there is only a slight damage and oversize conrod bearing = 5k + 15k for mount and dismount of engine from engine bay.

4. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by barako ba ma View Post
    Idiots do the same exact things, the same exact conditions, the same exact parameters over and over and expect a different result.

Determine the cause of the symptom before deciding to tear the engine apart. And when the inevitable happens to tear the engine apart, study it carefully, document it to prevent making the mistake or recurrence of the symptoms. Do not just replace with or damaged parts. Do not be that neanderthal.
    Love this. lol

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The noise sounds like a lose chain slamming on the sprocket. As oil pressure builds up the tensioner increase tension to remove the chain slack. Pudpod na yung ngipin ng tensioner nag nag aaply ng tension sa chain pag bumaba oil pressure. A bad bearing produce a continuous knocking noise.

Maghanap ka ng shop ng may ganitong tools:
    Engine Stand
    Micrometer
    Dial Indicator
    Torque Wrench
    Torque Angle Gauge
    Straight Edge
    Oil Pressure Gauge

Hydrodynamic type bearing ang gamit sa engine hindi ball/roller type bearing. Nakalutang sa oil yung shaft.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Hi, where can I buy a new cylinder head assembly for my father's Nissan KA24DE engine for his Nissan presage 1998 model (U30) na mura. I tried surplus sa banawe isa lang ang nag quote. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Overhauled my 95 Hyundai Grace van with 4BDAS engine upon advise of my trusted and reliable mechanic and finished just today. I find the engine very nice after the overhaul compared to the 22 year old engine then. Breaking it in starting today and injection pump will be retimed next saturday. It took 10 days for all the work from disassembly, machine shop (4 days), buying of spare parts and assembly courtesy of my ever reliable and trusted mechanic friend.

Decided to have it overhauled due to noises coming from the engine and the temperature seems to be on the high side most of the time. Not on the overheating range but constantly on the high side especially when traversing inclines.

Got the van imported from korea around September 2007. Upon opening the engine, we found out that it had been top overhauled once. Now it was totally overhauled after 130K kms and 22 years of engine life.

Expenses in PHP as per below:

1 set Cylinder Head Assembly 4D56 14500
    1 set Engine Parts 4D56 15000
    1 Lot Machine Shop Works 14500
    1 Lot Engine Works (Assembly/Disassembly) 8300
    1 pc Crankshaft Pulley 1900
    1 set Overhaul Gasket 1800
    1 Lot Diesel Oil 972
    4 pcs 1 Liter Coolant 600
    1 pc Alternator Hose 350
    2 pcs Gasket Beta Grey(Gasket/Sealant) 300
    1 pc Power Steering Fan Belt 300
    1 pc Oil Filter 250
    1 pc Power Steering Fluid 150
    1 pc Cement Sealant 100
    1 Lot Screws 15
    Total 59037

Bloody expensive. Hope the engine will last for at least ten years and more.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Very expensive indeed. It would've probably been cheaper to have a surplus engine swap, even with a stronger unit like the 4D56 TDIC. I hope you'd find the expenses worth it in the long run...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Mga sir gandang hapon po! Sorry po newbie lng po pagdating sa sasakyan. I am driving a mazda 3 2004 model. Tanong lang po if may idea po kayo kung mgkano po mgpa top overhaul and san po kya may maaus na talyer at idea po kung magkano abutin? Recently po kasi nag overheat ung sasakyan ko and kala ko po dala lang ng leak sa water overflow reservoir which napalitan ko na po ngaun ng bago but still unti unti pa rin po nauubos ung tubig sa reservoir. Tapos po knina pag check ko po sa oil dipstick at engine oil cap may sludge po na prang kulay gatas po. Sabi po ng friend ko bka may tama na daw head gasket ko. Sana po matulungan nyo ko. Mejo tight din na po kasi budget ko.

Ask na rin po sana ako if safe pa po ba idrive ito? Right now po ngsstart na po ako mgipon ng pera dahil ang sabi po sa akin maghanda na daw ako ng budget at mahal daw po mgpa top overhaul... please po tulungan nyo po ako.... salamat po

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Top overhaul lang o general overhaul? First time maoverhaul? If you think the engine was well taken cared of then maybe you can try overhaul first lalo na kung top overhaul lang naman.

Hassle ang engine swap. You have to make sure the engine you get is good, have to make sure it is properly installed, and have to do change engine paperwork at the freakin' LTO.

Taga saan ka ba? QC area kasi ako. I have most of my mechanical work done at Class A Motorcraft at Retiro near Banawe.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    mukhang same problem ako, complete overhaul daw needed pero sobra mahal quote ng CASA, san ba may marunong for Kia cars (Rio 2012 1.4AT)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast