New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Does the car still run at this point? Ano pa ang symptoms besides the sound that you recorded? Is there overheating involved? If you can perhaps you can take the car to another mechanic for a 2nd opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Agree with GTi po, seek second opinion. Kung sound lang ang basehan ng mekaniko na napagtanungan nyo baka naman tensioner lang yan or timing chain. No harm seeking second opinion po?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Pano nabasag oil filter. Tinamaan ba ng bato or due to engine pressure? Pag nabasag due to pressure overhaul na yan.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The oil filter was probably over pressured. There is a pressure relief valve in the line between the oil pump and the oil filter, if this is stuck closed, that's what is going to happen.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Car is still running and no overheating (though I didn't run it for long just short distance) the only symptom that I've now is that sound that comes on 2,000 RPM onwards. anyway I'm taking it to casa tomorrow which will be checking the valve train and the oil cycle first before tearing down into the engine.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Do you notice any difference in power? Fuel consumption? Harsh idling? Are there any oil leaks?

Normally overheating is the biggest indicator of needing an overhaul. Hopefully the casa can find a less expensive way to save your car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    no harsh idlling or overheating although I didn't drive it for long after only drive it slowly around 10km yesterday to bring to casa.

now to the part of the casa, they are freaking incompetent. I've spoke to the service head before I bring it and he said they would want to take top end off ie valve covers.. and oil pan to check oil strainer and passages. and he gave a preliminary rough estimate for an overhaul shall one be needed. so I brought it yesterday to them and left it there only today to tell me ah the noise is coming from the engine (no sh*t) we will just need to open the engine to know what's wrong .... sorry but have you done what I've been told yesterday answer was no ? why answer is coz we heard it and it's coming from the engine .... ok how to proceed from here answer is sir but we don't have parts for ur car and just starring blank at me. then the staff gathered and each one have his own very useless opinion which doesn't help me in anyway. one did tell me an engine overhaul will cost 500,000peso and he is only basing it on one which they done to a starex (poor starex owner paid 500k). the other members had a very sarcastic tone as if my perdicament is funny and entertaining to them ... one did tell me buy a toyota... another told me why don't I sell it and just get a new car.

how would they be effin competent with their job and give a part list involved and labor costs for the overhaul which I've been told 40,000p for labor including machine shop work but not parts as they dont know yet what exactly is broken.

I'm a forgeiner and I find this kind of customer service experience very poor how hard is it to pull the price for the parts involved. again what's inside a cylinder block is just the pistons the rings the pins and rods and bearings and crank. now they figured out what the labor and machining cost is how hard is it to just list down the components price after all there is not that many things down there they just might need to change size of a thing or two after machining if needed.

now I'm supposed to pay them 3500peso just for hearing the sound .... they also told me they would do a 23 point check and give me a report which didn't also happen today they just told me they just checked the issue I reported despite I did specifically ask to do the full diag to their full list which they agreed to and said it will take 3 days to complete.

I'm really stressed with this bad experience with hyundai of laus group. I wouldn't recomment any body dealing with any of their respective car brands since they are just into sales business but no backing of products and from what I've heared through the sales reps many times that u have to do PMS through them and even install any accessories in casa otherwise u void the warranty (seriously been told that by their mitsubishi branch) and the fact that you actually have to pay for PMS labor not only consumables are beyond my comprehension but they fail most with their service department I find them untechnical and incompetent and they don't and won't really care for a customer.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oh that is just bad... Where are you located? Perhaps people are taking advantage of the fact that you're a foreigner. The people at Hyundai ERod (Wheels Inc), while a tad slow due to the sheer number of customers, are very professional with their work and have properly identified and fixed the problem to our vehicle thrice now.

Honestly though, IMHO if you can drive the car for 10km straight city driving, I don't think the problem is as grave as we think.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Oh that is just bad... Where are you located? Perhaps people are taking advantage of the fact that you're a foreigner. The people at Hyundai ERod (Wheels Inc), while a tad slow due to the sheer number of customers, are very professional with their work and have properly identified and fixed the problem to our vehicle thrice now.

Honestly though, IMHO if you can drive the car for 10km straight city driving, I don't think the problem is as grave as we think.

I'm living in baliwag, bulacan. hyundai here is only 10km away from me but I've never had any luck with good service from them I really keep on hearing weird stuff every time.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoudaiai View Post
    I'm living in baliwag, bulacan. hyundai here is only 10km away from me but I've never had any luck with good service from them I really keep on hearing weird stuff every time.
    Do you have any other trusted mechanics in the area? If not, if you have the time and you think your car is up to it, I'd suggest you bring it to Hyundai ERod. Best to schedule an appointment though, or else you'd be waiting for ages!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast