New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Wow, nice jumper cables. I used welding cable for mine, but I did not solder the wires, I drilled holes on the clamps and screwed them tight. It's been in service for about 5 years, has never failed me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I'm sure Master LSB will be proud!

Post ko yung pinagawa ko. hehe Mas matindi dyan.
    How long Sir Ry? Baka kasing laki nung kay uls, hahaha..

I find 3 kilos jumper wire already heavy and bulky. Atleast the 15ft length would allow me to jumper another car from behind or upfront without eating the left/right lane.
    Last edited by 12vdc; July 25th, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How to charge a battery the OB way:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    How to charge a battery the OB way:

desperate measures. if you were in the jungle maybe.
    first, the alternator needs a battery to work, weak battery, weak charge rate, it will charge eventually but may take considerable time depending on state of charge
    second, the alternator can be spun either way, that is why it is an alternator. the old 6 volt charging system of the willy's jeep used a dynamo which reverses in polarity when spun backwards. the alternator on the other hand can be spun your way like burger king you can have it your way. the best way to charge a battery is from a battery charger not the chainsaw nor another car. charging with a shop charger pushes a deep charge

there are desperate ways, an example is the gmac 6X6 cckw two and a half ton truck, could be started using rattan vine wrapped around the pulley to use as a starting rope

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    may sobrang wire sa bahay 500MCM THW naka crimping lugs pwede rin bang gamitin ito pang jumper?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    been planning to do this. question, anong klaseng lead gamit mo? yung nabibili sa deeco na pang electronics or yung ginagamit sa radiator na parang stick?
    you can still use soldering wire with rosin core, but you will have to feed it fast! mebbe if you can source the thicker size..
    or you can use the lead bar they use in radiator shops. but you need to get some rosin to add to the parts you are gonna solder, to make the metals stick well.. kahit sa ace, meron nyan.
    and you can use a small blowtorch, to heat it faster and evener..
    i know this system works, because we have used it before, to solder battery cables to battery clamps.
    good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 25th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you can still use soldering wire with rosin core, but you will have to feed it fast! mebbe if you can source the thicker size..
    or you can use the lead bar they use in radiator shops. but you need to get some rosin to add to the parts you are gonna solder, to make the metals stick well.. kahit sa ace, meron nyan.
    and you can use a small blowtorch, to heat it faster and evener..
    i know this system works, because we have used it before, to solder battery cables to battery clamps.
    good luck.
    thanks! yung rosin ba sa ace din nabibili? i tried to do this before using the lead bar sa hardware (the one used sa rad) but the solder never stuck to the metal... i used a blow torch

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If you are referring to the seamless lugs, like this one laying around my box.

You may solder it

But the proper tool is this hydraulic crimper. No soldering needed.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    thanks! yung rosin ba sa ace din nabibili? i tried to do this before using the lead bar sa hardware (the one used sa rad) but the solder never stuck to the metal... i used a blow torch
    the one in ace is fine.
    the metal pieces you are going to solder together, have to be shiny. sandpaper them. the rosin helps the solder to stick to the metals. and the metal pieces have to be good and hot, for the solder to work well. that is why you need a big heat source, like a small blowtorch or an industrial soldering iron.
    and there are some metal types you can not solder, because solder won't adhere to them.. aluminum, stainless steel,

to the guys who prefer crimped ends, the stores selling these cables may have such crimping tool to assist customers with..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there are desperate ways, an example is the gmac 6X6 cckw two and a half ton truck, could be started using rattan vine wrapped around the pulley to use as a starting rope
    OT:

The "deuce and a half". We had them in farm service way, waaaay back, converted to Isuzu 6BB1 engines. Even in waist deep mud, these trucks can pull themselves out, loaded pa ng tubo yan ha.

I still have a technical manual for these trucks.

Technical Manual TM 9-801GMC CCKW-352 CCKW-353 CCW-353