New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

baka naman kung kailan mo na gagamitin tska masira yan sir.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Done with my custom booster cable. 15ft, 25mm2 AWG3, largest Panther clamp at Deeco.

More than thrice the weight of the commercial booster.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Challenging part is the crimping and soldering.

Cold solder

Can't complain, im using cheap soldering station limited to 480C

Solution.. Torch it

Nice and neatly cooked solder

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

Cold solder

Solution.. Torch it

been planning to do this. question, anong klaseng lead gamit mo? yung nabibili sa deeco na pang electronics or yung ginagamit sa radiator na parang stick?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    been planning to do this. question, anong klaseng lead gamit mo? yung nabibili sa deeco na pang electronics or yung ginagamit sa radiator na parang stick?
    when you solder electrical components, use rosin core flux, do not use acid core or solder and acid cleaner like what you see them use on radiators

How to Solder battery terminals - YouTube

Solder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; July 25th, 2013 at 08:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    anong gauge yung cable sir? saan nyo nabili? hindi ako familiar sa Deeco, saan yun sir? Salamat.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    nosebleed ah.

anyway i have a fair share on this also. I left the dome light ng montero for more than 24hrs/coding day, ayun "click" sound lang pag start next day. Tried to jumper from my ASX using cheap jumper cable rated 300AMP - but i failed. So what i did was transfer the ASX batt to Montero and start it(success naman) - while montero(gls-v/diesel) idling, I removed the asx batt and installed back the monty's and left idle for 30+/-mins.

My friends told me that the ASX (1SM) couldn't start the Montero (3SM) batt kahit naka andar pa yun ASX dahil nga diff batts - true? O maybe cheap cables with weak clamps?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Just ordinary 60/40 Rosin core 1.2mm,

*madduck - from spare wires of my inverter welder. 25mm2, around AWG3 based from the conversion chart.

Those clamps are made from steel with copper plating because pure copper can't be that strong. I couldnt find seamless lug-type clamps so I crimped it using ordinary punch. Seamless eye terminal lugs are good when crimped by hydraulic press, no soldering needed..

Im planiing to make 3 more for the other cars. Im giving away the old jumper wires.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skybison View Post
    nosebleed ah.

anyway i have a fair share on this also. I left the dome light ng montero for more than 24hrs/coding day, ayun "click" sound lang pag start next day. Tried to jumper from my ASX using cheap jumper cable rated 300AMP - but i failed. So what i did was transfer the ASX batt to Montero and start it(success naman) - while montero(gls-v/diesel) idling, I removed the asx batt and installed back the monty's and left idle for 30+/-mins.

My friends told me that the ASX (1SM) couldn't start the Montero (3SM) batt kahit naka andar pa yun ASX dahil nga diff batts - true? O maybe cheap cables with weak clamps?
    This is what im avoiding. When you need it, won't do the job, useless as leaving the jumper-wire at home.

Click sound is an indication of not enough current. Like previously discussed, could be clamps, crimps, and the wires. Also next time, leave the jumperwire for 15mins or more to allow the dead battery to charge as charging battery initially draws lots of current.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Cold solder

Solution.. Torch it

I'm sure Master LSB will be proud!

Post ko yung pinagawa ko. hehe Mas matindi dyan.