New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 210 of 225 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Umabot sakin 44 months (hindi pa ubos pero nagpalit nako)

Twice a week ko lang ginagamit (before covid) pang mall and church lang. Then nag covid, mga twice a month na lang pang grocery. Not bad!

Pero ako na ang sumuko wala na ako peace of mine. Hindi ako sanay kasi before lagi ako motolite na laging sakto tapos na warranty na uubos.

Nag palit nako kanina amaron ulit
    meron naman mobile delivery ang amaron. or wala dyan sa lugar mo ?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    meron naman mobile delivery ang amaron. or wala dyan sa lugar mo ?
    may malapit dito samin, dinaan ko na may pinuntahan din kasi ako.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    mga ka-tsikot ask ko lang. 2015 fortuner MT 2kd-ftv. stock wala naman ako accessories na power hungry like a killer sound system.

worth it ba mag 3sm pa na battery or balik 2sm uli from the factory? amaron pa din. libo din kasi price difference. salamat

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    mga ka-tsikot ask ko lang. 2015 fortuner MT 2kd-ftv. stock wala naman ako accessories na power hungry like a killer sound system.

worth it ba mag 3sm pa na battery or balik 2sm uli from the factory? amaron pa din. libo din kasi price difference. salamat
    Yes the bigger the better you can get 3smf pro if your budget permits.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

If the stock battery is 2SM, you'll be fine with a replacement 2SM. Practical advantage lang ng 3SM is the bigger reserve capacity and cranking Amps. Depending on actual use, the additional capacity may offer some insurance in starting the engine even if an accessory was left on overnight, for example, or if you run into an engine issue that requires you to crank it longer than usual.

It's up to you if you feel that the extra capacity is worth its weight (literally) in Pesos.

FWIW, I have a 3SM Amaron in my 2.5 Innova G.
    Last edited by oj88; July 25th, 2021 at 07:56 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

issue with installing larger battery: kakasya ba? will the battery footprint be accomodated? will there be enough room above, so's the metal hood won't touch the terminals?

will a larger battery result to longer battery life in that vehicle? i do not know.
    the larger CCA might result in chronic under-charging, which predisposes to faster battery deterioration.
    i do not know.

in my non-diesel sedan with only a stock radio as electrical toy,
    i install the next smaller size battery.
    over the years, i did not perceive a shorter lifespan.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 25th, 2021 at 09:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2021

Stock sound system, definitely no need for a bigger battery. Will just be a waste of money especially if a few thousand pesos difference.
    May chance pa na hindi aabot mga cable sa terminals ng bigger battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I would just stick with using the same battery size

Unless there is no stock of the correct battery and there is no choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    From what I understand naka 3SM na ata si babkalakal ngayon, so it will definitely fit, and the alternator is definitely capable of charging a 3SM battery.

His question is if it's worth it to continue using a 3SM or go back down to stock size of 2SM.

If the car is frequently used, there are no accessories with big power draw, and accessories aren't operated on battery for extended periods I vote to save the money and size back down.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    From what I understand naka 3SM na ata si babkalakal ngayon, so it will definitely fit, and the alternator is definitely capable of charging a 3SM battery.

His question is if it's worth it to continue using a 3SM or go back down to stock size of 2SM.

If the car is frequently used, there are no accessories with big power draw, and accessories aren't operated on battery for extended periods I vote to save the money and size back down.
    he can answer his own question.
    all he has to do is to see if that larger battery did last longer than the regular-size battery.

Amaron battery