New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Lets admit it, Majority of Filipinos are really bad savers.

But a 1M in the bank, that's enough to buy 10,000 kgms of garlic and sold it a back at 200k profit in a matter of 2 weeks.
    Roll it over, and that 1M will be doubled in a matter of 3 months. No bank can give you that profit.
    Thats if the saver knows how to make his money work for him.

But for the ordinary pinoy, 1 M at the bank, he will buy a car.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm sure a lot of extra money is parked in real estate

Condos are popular

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Pinakamahirap magkasakit sa Pilipinas pag hindi liquid. My friend's dad in law got a bypass last month and the bill was over P700k, prior to that he was also hospitalized. Over 1M na nagagastos nila. Naisip lang namin pano na yung walang millions sa bank?

IMO if a person already has a business and multiple properties, Hindi na siguro masama magtago ng millions sa banko.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 8th, 2017 at 02:41 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Pinakamahirap magkasakit sa Pilipinas pag hindi liquid. My friend's dad in law got a bypass last month and the bill was over P700k, prior to that he was also hospitalized. Over 1M na nagagastos nila. Naisip lang namin pano na yung walang millions sa bank?
    Utang

Benta ari arian

Sangla

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's 1M not 10M It's not like a person will lose hundreds of thousands for letting at least 1M sit in the bank.

Actually, one would lose about a hundred thousand pesos ... if invested properly, one could earn more than 10% annually so that is about a hundred thousand pesos ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Also, that figure is based on a statistical survey ... they didn't really get the information from the banks ...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011

IMO if a person already has a business and multiple properties, Hindi na siguro masama magtago ng millions sa banko.
    Kaya one of the best investment one can make is to buy shares of stock from a hospital... less than a million lang... next to free na ang hospitilization mo and your immediate family for 60 days... sino ba tumatagal ng 60 days sa hospital....

You have medical care... kumikita ka pa...

For Less than a Million...

actually other hospitals if nasa initial offer palang nasa 360k lang yun...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015

i have some stocks also, served me well

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    i heard that less than 1% of Pinoys invest in our market. That's an awful low figure compared to our neighbors Singapore, Malaysia, HK who are all in double figures. Considering that for as low as 5k, you can be invested in a basket of stocks.

Americans, I hear are about 50/50.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Actually, one would lose about a hundred thousand pesos ... if invested properly, one could earn more than 10% annually so that is about a hundred thousand pesos ...
    called opportunity cost

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast